Yacht Club Fridge Size

MattH20

Original Poster
Hi all,

just prepping for our groceries, does anyone know if the fridges in yacht club will be big enough for 2 x gallon bottles of milk?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
This was the fridge in our Yacht Club room (sorry the bottom is cut off.) If you remove the plastic shelves one gallon bottle will fit (not sure about two, the space is narrow) but that will be all that will fit inside.

6566EC30-BD12-4A1A-A0EB-797249196397.jpeg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
This was the fridge in our Yacht Club room (sorry the bottom is cut off.) If you remove the plastic shelves one gallon bottle will fit (not sure about two, the space is narrow) but that will be all that will fit inside.

View attachment 660001

I would have to agree - I am currently at YC and I don’t think two gallon jugs would fit inside at the same time. (And even questionable for one - the fridge is not very deep).

erstwo

I agree about the temperature thing. We struggled to keep things cold when we were at YC last July. I wouldn't risk more than a small bottle of milk - as in, buy one each evening for my coffee the next morning type of thing.

MattH20

Original Poster
Oh wow, I seem to recall the fridge not being great now. We were going to buy a load of choc milk and regular milk for breakfast cereal in the mornings

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
It's a "beverage cooler," not a "refrigerator," technically, but YMMV.

I've never had a problem with them. keeping things cold. They don't do a good job cooling things that aren't cold in the first place.

Weather_Lady

FWIW, here's a full picture, from the yourfirstvisit site. We've never tried to fit more than half-gallon-sized containers in a WDW mini-fridge, although I can at least say they're big enough for two of those.

Mini-Fridge-Refurbed-Room-at-Disneys-Yacht-Club-Resort-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

correcaminos

I looked yesterday as I took out our water before checking out. The sticker said it cools to 41 degrees (not sure what a regular fridge is set at).
Most fridges are in the 35-38 range. Our last fridge VGF was 34 and older once saw 39 but dropped it a degree. Dairy safe zone is below 40 degrees. While it wouldn't cause milk to spoil overnight if set to 41, it won't remain fresh as long. I'd only do small 1/2 gallons at a time to be safe and smell often if I got milk, which I would be too spooked to do (long story short, fridge failure has me paranoid) I wouldn't do any holding of left overs either as 40-140 degrees is considered unsafe for long term storage.

JIMINYCR

We’ve had a variable experience with Disneys refrigeration. We’ve had one just cool to temps that barely kept things to safe levels after turning the cool level all the way up. One that froze our bottles of soda when it wasn’t turned all the way up. Another that didn’t operate at all and we had to call to have it switched out.
I’d put something inside to see how it cools at first, then if it’s working fine then buy your milk. You might consider buying several small 16 oz bottles of milk which would easily fit. The fridges are tiny and as you can see from the previous photos can’t hold much. Disney would you rather spend money at the food courts instead of loading lots of food stuff in the room to save money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom