News Yacht Club Convention Center Expansion

Dr.GrantSeeker

Thanks for the pics. Any ideas how they are handling the parking situation since this eliminates maybe 1/3 of their parking lot?

No idea. Both the Yacht and Beach Club lots were almost completely full. I would assume they may open cast parking for guest access across Epcot Resorts Blvd.

HiYa Pal

Last time I had an ADR at Captians Grill for breakfast, I was sent away from the YC parking lot because they were completely full and had to search for a bit at BC, after getting grief from the BC guard for being sent there in the first place.....

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 29. With the permit expiring at the end of August 2017, only 3 months away, the construction appears to be limited to a parking lot and access redesign. The first two photos were taken from the far end of the Yacht Club Disney bus transportation shelter, looking towards the convention center parking lot. I don't see any indication that the actual convention center building will be expanded.

IMG_9622.JPG

IMG_9621.JPG

The below photo is the "back side" of the Yacht/Beach Club convention center, rarely seen by guests. The construction appears to be a redesign of the "business access" to the convention center doors on the right. The bridge on the far left is the cast member and facility access to the Yacht and Beach Club backstage.

IMG_9623.JPG

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Photo update as of Monday, May 29. With the permit expiring at the end of August 2017, only 3 months away, the construction appears to be limited to a parking lot and access redesign. The first two photos were taken from the far end of the Yacht Club Disney bus transportation shelter, looking towards the convention center parking lot. I don't see any indication that the actual convention center building will be expanded.

View attachment 207452

View attachment 207453

The below photo is the "back side" of the Yacht/Beach Club convention center, rarely seen by guests. The construction appears to be a redesign of the "business access" to the convention center doors on the right. The bridge on the far left is the cast member and facility access to the Yacht and Beach Club backstage.

View attachment 207454

The most recent permit expires in 2019.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 5, 2017. The view from the far end of the Beach Club resort's bus transportation shelter looking towards the Yacht Club convention center. A new fence was added to hide the construction area.

IMG_9799.JPG

At the end of the sidewalk, this is the open view of one of the old parking areas, which has now been removed. The Yacht Club convention center is in the left background.

IMG_9800.JPG

mm121

View attachment 155784
Edit: I don't think they'll clone BLT, but I think a similar sized building would fit just fine where the South Garden Wing is now.

if they did it like that, they could build a new convention center by it, under the monorail tracks incorporating the monorail going through into the design to the south of the aframe and west of the new blt

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, January 12, 2018. First, the view from the pedestrian bridge to the Disney bus shelters.

IMG_0072.JPG

The view from the end of the Disney bus shelters towards the convention center expansion. The road in the middle of the photo is where the Disney buses approach the bus shelters.

IMG_0073.JPG

This is the "backside" or service side of the convention center expansion. The central area of this expansion project is one large 3-story room with no support pillars.

IMG_0074.JPG

This photo was taken near the perimeter road around the Epcot resorts (Epcot Resorts Blvd) with the bus lane in the foreground.

IMG_0075.JPG

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, October 13, 2018. The Yacht Club Convention Center expansion opened in early September 2018. Here are some photos outside and inside. Below is the west outside entrance. To the right of this photo is the indoor connecting passage between the existing convention center and this expansion facility.

IMG_0846.JPG

The hallways and passages are nicely done, with upscale furniture and artwork.

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0851.JPG

A partial view of the large interior space being set up for a meeting.

IMG_0852.JPG

While the below photo may seem boring and off center, I wanted to highlight that there are USB ports all along the walls and next to very chair and bench in the hallways. You can stand and discuss "business" while you are charging your device during meeting breaks. Each outlet has multiple USB ports so everyone in your group can charge.

IMG_0853.JPG

Two USB ports can be seen along the chair rail above the bench and just under the picture frame on the wall.

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0850.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom