News Yacht Club Convention Center Expansion

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
A permit was filed today for an expansion of the Yacht Club convention center. I will be taking the part of the parking lot shown below. The permit expires August 31, 2017.

upload_2016-8-12_12-29-4.png

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, this is veeery interesting. This is something I've been expecting to happen (not specifically Yacht Club, but in general).

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
A permit was filed today for an expansion of the Yacht Club convention center. I will be taking the part of the parking lot shown below. The permit expires August 31, 2017.

View attachment 155553

Who be taking the part of the convention center expansion ? :)

I've always wondered about that lot, the most I've ever seen it full is half way and that was during F&W .

COProgressFan

I believe that lot is CM parking.

Of course that doesn't mean they won't start using it for overflow like they do with the CM lot at Boardwalk...

-Rob

They must have some plan. It doesn't seem workable to not only cut Beach Club parking by nearly half, but also expand the convention center (which would increase parking demand).

COProgressFan

Let's just say Disney isn't interested in group business around the Magic Kingdom any longer and much prefers an expanded DVC presence.

Group business at WDW will focus on the Epcot Resort area and Coronado.

I guess I'm both surprised and not surprised by this. Both DVC and the convention businesses are highly lucrative, but I guess Disney sees more money from DVC. But are they forgetting about all the ancillary income that comes with conventioneers and their families? Or that they may be getting to a point of hitting the limit of people that will buy in to DVC?

I also don't see them ever getting rid of the GF convention center, primarily due to the amount of wedding events as well as companies who want to have their convention (and lodging) in the perceived "best" resort on property, but the way this company runs today, it seems like anything is possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom