Yacht/Beach Club cabanas

Amos1784

I actually feel like 199$ for a "private cabana at Disneyworld's most sought after pool" is a cheaper than expected price range. With the clientele that is staying at these resorts I think these will go quickly. I know myself I would love to watch a Sunday football game in the privacy of my cabana with pool access.

ToTBellHop

I actually feel like 199$ for a "private cabana at Disneyworld's most sought after pool" is a cheaper than expected price range. With the clientele that is staying at these resorts I think these will go quickly. I know myself I would love to watch a Sunday football game in the privacy of my cabana with pool access.
The quiet pool is sought after? Quiet pools appear for free all summer in Tomorrowland. That’s why they tried cabanas there first.

Amos1784

The quiet pool is sought after? Quiet pools appear for free all summer in Tomorrowland. That’s why they tried cabanas there first.

From the location that this was drawn on the previous page (if that is correct) you are a hop away from Hurricane Hannahs, direct access to Stormalong bay, and on the calmer side of the whole pool, I would say that is sought after. At least it would be for me.

MagicRat

Does anyone else have a problem that they do not post construction work when booking hotels? They used to. I was curious so I went on WDW website and there was no mention of the pool having work performed nearby. Same thing happened to me at Disneyland a few years ago.

Biff215

I’m sure that’s the hope, and then they can jack up the price to even crazier levels. To each their own, but I’m already spending too much money at a Disney resort to drop another $200 for a reserved seat, some shade, and snacks.

mlayton144

We did one of these at the GF , they closed poolin the afternoon due to thunderstorm and got our money back , would not do again

Isn’t the article incorrect by stating the quiet pool location , this is not the quiet pool

Walt d

That would be great to watch the pipeline masters in, or mavericks or any true , Athletic surfing event .

raymusiccity

I have a feeling these will be very popular.

My how times have changed. It's amazing that a cartoon like this was made during Disney's golden age. It's a funny coincidence that Yacht Club isn't that far from the former MGM Studios.

rkleinlein

No reason. This construction has zero impact on the guest experience. Nothing is closed. It's only noticeable if you notice such things. Most wouldn't.
Zero impact on guest experience? Hotel room views do impact guest experience and Disney monetizes that fact.

It's only noticeable if you notice such things? I can't argue with that logic since anything, even pile of trash, is only noticeable if you notice such things, but I do think people who can see this from their balcony will notice it.

It might not bother some but it would definitely bother others.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, February 7, 2019. Some pavement has already been poured. Underground utilities have been installed to provide electrical connections. The construction door was open today for this view. No part of the sand-bottom shallow pool was compromised, and much, if not all, of the surrounding beach lounge area remains.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Overheard at a Disney conference room in Anaheim:

"Mr. Chapek, sir, the cruise line people sell cabana's at Castaway Cay for $450 a day and sell them out"
"WHAT?!?!?! WE HAVE TO GET IN ON THAT ACTION!!!!"
"Maybe we could put cabanas in at the Yacht and Beach Club, there's a lot of rich people who stay there, and they're cheap to build..."
"Brilliant! Green light it now. And you're promoted!"

:hilarious:

BWDVCkidsince96

What a waste...however, BoardWalk is the resort in need of a pool makeover and splash pad. The pool no longer has any water elements, the kiddie pool is a puddle, and the hot tub is minuscule. About the only marketable feature is the slide but the overall complex lags behind most of the other deluxes and moderates.

Aint that the truth. We joined DVC at the boardwalk in 1996 and as kids we loved the slide briefly, but quickly learned that the yacht beach club pool was the best in WDW so we spent our days over there. Sadly they cut it out of the pool hopping for DVC members and they guard it with their lives (i have literally researched ways to beat the system on that...but I won't divulge the rule breaking tactics that i have considered). I will admit that one time I tried to enter the yacht beach club pool and was stopped by a lifeguard asking for my room key and i said my mom was already in the pool area with our keys but I would bring one back to show her (mind you I was 27 years old) and she said "its ok, you have an honest face" which just made me feel like the most awful guiltiest liar ever...

whew, glad i got that off my chest....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Aint that the truth. We joined DVC at the boardwalk in 1996 and as kids we loved the slide briefly, but quickly learned that the yacht beach club pool was the best in WDW so we spent our days over there. Sadly they cut it out of the pool hopping for DVC members and they guard it with their lives (i have literally researched ways to beat the system on that...but I won't divulge the rule breaking tactics that i have considered). I will admit that one time I tried to enter the yacht beach club pool and was stopped by a lifeguard asking for my room key and i said my mom was already in the pool area with our keys but I would bring one back to show her (mind you I was 27 years old) and she said "its ok, you have an honest face" which just made me feel like the most awful guiltiest liar ever...

whew, glad i got that off my chest....

We're also DVC owners, and managed to get into Stormalong Bay without staying at BCV a few years back. I also will not divulge how exactly we did, but there was nothing illegal, didn't know a CM working, etc. :)

BWDVCkidsince96

Just out of curiosity, to those of you who go to SAB without staying at YC or BC, do you feel as though there’s nothing wrong with that?

I feel as though there is nothing wrong with it because it was an outlined benefit of purchasing DVC at the boardwalk in 1996 when we bought it. One of the benefits promoted at the time was that you could pool hop at any resort pools. This was a major draw of the boardwalk because it was walking distance to yacht club. Many years later they revised the benefit to state that you could pool hop at any pool EXCEPT at yacht club (i think one or two others may be excluded at this point too). That's bull. What are we going to do, give up our DVC points because they can't handle capacity issues at the pool we most want to go to? I understand not allowing other people into the pool because the resort guests need to be able to have seats/room etc, but it was part of what we paid for at DVC at the boardwalk. I have heard that local orlando people used to park at the yacht club and just use the pool in the summer for the day and they were part of the problem. It is a very popular pool and i understand that they needed to implement some controls to prevent issues like that, I just think they should still allow in boardwalk DVC members, or at least the ones who bought their DVC membership when it was allowed (i.e. we should be grandfathered in, and it should be recorded on our magic bands somehow). we paid to use the yacht club pool, just like yacht club resort guests do each stay.

JusticeDisney

I feel as though there is nothing wrong with it because it was an outlined benefit of purchasing DVC at the boardwalk in 1996 when we bought it. One of the benefits promoted at the time was that you could pool hop at any resort pools. This was a major draw of the boardwalk because it was walking distance to yacht club. Many years later they revised the benefit to state that you could pool hop at any pool EXCEPT at yacht club (i think one or two others may be excluded at this point too). That's bull. What are we going to do, give up our DVC points because they can't handle capacity issues at the pool we most want to go to? I understand not allowing other people into the pool because the resort guests need to be able to have seats/room etc, but it was part of what we paid for at DVC at the boardwalk. I have heard that local orlando people used to park at the yacht club and just use the pool in the summer for the day and they were part of the problem. It is a very popular pool and i understand that they needed to implement some controls to prevent issues like that, I just think they should still allow in boardwalk DVC members, or at least the ones who bought their DVC membership when it was allowed (i.e. we should be grandfathered in, and it should be recorded on our magic bands somehow). we paid to use the yacht club pool, just like yacht club resort guests do each stay.
Well, you make some very fair points. And I really do have empathy for your position. Definitely seems a bit unfair to me. Howevee, I guess I’m just not sure that the answer is to break the rules. Anyhoo, don’t worry, I’ll never rat you out! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom