Yacht/Beach Club cabanas

flyerjab

Original Poster
My wife and daughter are in WDW this weekend for the Festival of the Arts. They were walking by the Yacht/Beach Club area and noticed construction going on. She asked if it might be for a kids splash pad play area. Has anyone heard if this is happening there? The photo isn’t the best.

573302B5-664E-4102-AF10-DBC854C3A017.jpeg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Is that area close to Beaches and Cream?

flyerjab

Original Poster
Is that area close to Beaches and Cream?

Actually no it isn’t. I just verified it with my wife. She said it is right next to the part of the pool complex that has complete sandy bottom for the little kids. I would bet just based off where this is that it will be a splash pad area.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This will be the rumored Mary Poppins attraction. It fits in with the area perfectly because Mary Poppins takes place in London which is on planet earth, and so is Yacht Club. And instead of actually building anything, Disney will be placing a gently used double wide trailer on the beach and will paint it a light shade of brown to match the sand as to not disrupt the sight lines of the Boardwalk.

The attraction will just be a nondescript room with an umbrella in the corner and a spoon full of sugar on a table. This may come off as "cheap" to all the "purists" who just want Yacht Club to stay the same or return to 1990 when they first opened, but the Yacht Club that Walt envisioned never happened due to his passing, and it most likely wouldnt have worked anyway. This attraction will be better than nothing at all, and lets face it, that portion of the beach was boring and my kids never liked it and considering that we now have all the knowledge of the world available on our cell phones, my family can just watch a video of a beach on Youtube instead of wasting time enjoying each others company on a lounge chair.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
This will be the rumored Mary Poppins attraction. It fits in with the area perfectly because Mary Poppins takes place in London which is on planet earth, and so is Yacht Club. And instead of actually building anything, Disney will be placing a gently used double wide trailer on the beach and will paint it a light shade of brown to match the sand as to not disrupt the sight lines of the Boardwalk.

The attraction will just be a nondescript room with an umbrella in the corner and a spoon full of sugar on a table. This may come off as "cheap" to all the "purists" who just want Yacht Club to stay the same or return to 1990 when they first opened, but the Yacht Club that Walt envisioned never happened due to his passing, and it most likely wouldnt have worked anyway. This attraction will be better than nothing at all, and lets face it, that portion of the beach was boring and my kids never liked it and considering that we now have all the knowledge of the world available on our cell phones, my family can just watch a video of a beach on Youtube instead of wasting time enjoying each others company on a lounge chair.
Besides, why aren't there more Disney characters in a Disney resort hotel???

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
What a waste...however, BoardWalk is the resort in need of a pool makeover and splash pad. The pool no longer has any water elements, the kiddie pool is a puddle, and the hot tub is minuscule. About the only marketable feature is the slide but the overall complex lags behind most of the other deluxes and moderates.

Ohh the Creepy Clown Coaster....

Missing20K

New Disney Paint Color Confirmed.

Go-Away Taupe is the newest shade of Disney Home's Paint by Numbers Sherwin Williams Walt Disney Vintage Paint, by The Disney Company. Set sail to the magical shores of the Seven Seas Lagoon and imagine yourself sipping on a Dole Whip, 'gators casually swimming by, and the sound of small waves kissing the beach sand netting, all whilst never leaving your first floor guest powder room.

Biff215

We also noticed this last week. I just assumed they were doing some utility or maintenance work. It’s an interesting location for cabanas as it’s right along the main path. Here’s the rough location:

Biff215

Seating and ping-pong spot, correct?
Pretty much, and likely smaller than my circle in the pic above. I assume families with young kids are one of the biggest targets of cabanas, so that will likely be a good spot for them. I’d never fork out the kind of money Disney gets for these, but for me this spot wouldn’t be preferable as the slide is on the opposite end of the complex and the play area is already difficult to navigate around. I’m sure they’ll find plenty of takers though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom