XXXII Olympic Summer Games - Tokyo 2021

Lilofan

Wasn't sure if they were going to cancel the Olympics, but when the IOC went ahead with the program, I started to get interested.

I enjoyed watching yesterday's coverage of some events such as fencing, swimming, diving, gymnastics, judo, and skateboarding. The international athletes all trained hard, and I admired their skill.
It is an embarrassment that the USA mens basketball team made up of NBA players lost to France yesterday. Our team played with little energy and teamwork.

Dad 2 M & M

We've dominated the sport but some seem to just accept the American product as just average.
Take a closer look at current NBA rosters and the Stars that comprise them. Many International players are the best player(s) on some rosters.

Durant is the only true star on our roster.......

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Take a closer look at current NBA rosters and the Stars that comprise them. Many International players are the best player(s) on some rosters.

Indeed.

I don't follow basketball, but I learned this truth when I was watching what was happening as they were finishing their season at WDW: The NBA is full of Eastern Europeans and other foreign countries.

Lilofan

Indeed.

I don't follow basketball, but I learned this truth when I was watching what was happening as they were finishing their season at WDW: The NBA is full of Eastern Europeans and other foreign countries.
The NBA is 23% of foreign players. That's hardly full of them.

Dad 2 M & M

The NBA is 23% of foreign players. That's hardly full of them.
Close to 1 out of every 4? Percentage wise that's close to 3 per team.

How many of the Basketball Teams in the Olympics are NATIONAL Teams? That practice year round? So an International NBA player leaves his National Team for the NBA Season and then returns home to practice during the off-season......

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
It is an embarrassment that the USA mens basketball team made up of NBA players lost to France yesterday. Our team played with little energy and teamwork.

It's literally the first game of the tournament....

The women's soccer team, some of which claim is the best soccer team in any country, lost their first game and then rebounded.

Timmay

Maybe I’ve become a snob, but when Peacock can’t even be bothered to present their ridiculously over-hyped Olympic coverage in 4K, I’m out. The coverage is so bad it’s not even worth investing time in.

Lilofan

Maybe I’ve become a snob, but when Peacock can’t even be bothered to present their ridiculously over-hyped Olympic coverage in 4K, I’m out. The coverage is so bad it’s not even worth investing time in.
I am content watching the games on my 11 year old Hitachi flat screen. It hasn't broken down yet.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
Japan just beat the USA in softball 2-0 to win gold. We had a chance to take the lead in the 6th but they hit into an inning ending double play with runners on 1st and 2nd

Timmay

Japan just beat the USA in softball 2-0 to win gold. We had a chance to take the lead in the 6th but they hit into an inning ending double play with runners on 1st and 2nd
There was a pretty big upset elsewhere today, as well as a “draw.” I won’t exactly spoil things…but the US appears to be unraveling like a cheap sweater.

Dad 2 M & M

The 1996 Games Coverage was the worst EVER…living here in Atl during the Games was brutal. Constant lies/showing competition out of sequence to build drama….

had I not witnessed it personally, I wouldn’t have known that infamous Kerry Strugg jump:

1) wasn’t the last jump
2) wasn’t even needed to win Gold

Team USA had to wait until other Teams finished to know they had clinched Gold

Most think the Team USA was BEHIND when “she lands!…on one leg!!!” We we’re already ahead when that happened ….not live not the last jump

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I really can't remember when the coverage was good. The Olympic broadcasts have been a poopshow for a very long time.

Nubs70

The 1996 Games Coverage was the worst EVER…living here in Atl during the Games was brutal. Constant lies/showing competition out of sequence to build drama….

had I not witnessed it personally, I wouldn’t have known that infamous Kerry Strugg jump:

1) wasn’t the last jump
2) wasn’t even needed to win Gold

Team USA had to wait until other Teams finished to know they had clinched Gold

Most think the Team USA was BEHIND when “she lands!…on one leg!!!” We we’re already ahead when that happened ….not live not the last jump
At least she didn't quit

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom