Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
1687269141946.png

Better time as ever to get excited for this!​

Last edited:

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Original Poster
A Uigher lites the flame. Commentators tell us how this is proof that all is well with that targeted population. I'm done. I'm out. Will not watch a minute of it.

They HAVE to do that because China threatened them in regards to criticism. Their hands are literally tied behind their back.

Sans Souci

663CB6E2-4C7B-43F3-A950-1867BB98585E_4_5005_c.jpeg

Oh, are they on? :p

I've gotten tired of them. The rot started to set in for me when they started to allow professionals represent their countries. Then there was that pairs figure skating cheating bribery thing in 2002. Now they permit countries that are notorious for their state-doping programs compete. It took the enjoyment out of watching for me. I would prefer, too, if they went go back to the 4 year cycle for both games, but I guess this current, staggered cycle is more profitable. When there is a set of games every 2 years, it feels less special.

mf1972

tried watching some of it, & to be honest…it’s boring. summer olympics is easier to watch & much more fun. just my 2 cents, the russian skater should be banned from competing after testing positive for a banned substance.

Lilofan

I'm against the Olympic games being in China. So I'm not watching them.
I'm not. I don't agree w/ some of China issues but it is what it is. Many countries including ours have billion dollar deals in regards to business relationships. The USA had imported $560B worth of products from China in 2018. We are dependent on China whether we like it or not. Raw materials, technology , approx 75% of our meds come from China. It is what it is.

oogie boogie man

I'm not. I don't agree w/ some of China issues but it is what it is. Many countries including ours have billion dollar deals in regards to business relationships. The USA had imported $560B worth of products from China in 2018. We are dependent on China whether we like it or not. Raw materials, technology , approx 75% of our meds come from China. It is what it is.

Last time I checked we don't have slave labor in the U.S. And we don't take these forced workers out back and shoot them.

Timmay

Then what as a country are we doing about it? Besides words , pulling all the billion dollar contracts out of China? Doubt it.
I only have control over what my own private little corner of the country is doing…and that private little corner isn’t watching the Olympics.

Lilofan

I only have control over what my own private little corner of the country is doing…and that private little corner isn’t watching the Olympics.
It is ironic that some choose to not watch Olympics over China issues but we as a nation are continually dependent and we financially support low cost producer China for much our country's technology, consumer electronics , raw materials, medicine, apparel etc . ( typed on a device made in China ).

Timmay

It is ironic that some choose to not watch Olympics over China issues but we as a nation are continually dependent and we financially support low cost producer China for much our country's technology, consumer electronics , raw materials, medicine, apparel etc . ( typed on a device made in China ).
There’s nothing ironic about the differences between an individual and a nations or a large conglomerates choices.

Lilofan

There’s nothing ironic about the differences between an individual and a nations or a large conglomerates choices.
No there is irony if an individual doesn't want to watch Olympics in China due to issues one has with China but at the time chooses to finance that country in buying products made from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom