XXXIII Olympic Summer Games - Paris 2024

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
No great nation would form nor survive if it were not for slave labor and genocide. It's not a truth that I like, but it's a truth.
If the developed world were to turn all heroic and put a stop to China, we would perish. Sometimes people have to take hard knocks so others can thrive. Just look at the past couple of years with the global pandemic.

Again, I don't like that it has to be that way, but as another poster has said, it is what it is. It's been a part of society since society began.
One of the worst takes I have seen.

Timmay

Unfortunately isn’t been the historical pattern 100% of the time.

id love for that not to be the case…but it has played. Not supporting it.
But that doesn’t mean it’s necessary. It’s just easier. I believe the take was it was necessary. But, back to the Olympics I’m not watching. 😏

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
But that doesn’t mean it’s necessary. It’s just easier. I believe the take was it was necessary. But, back to the Olympics I’m not watching. 😏
Rounding up an ethnic monitory, putting them into concentration camps, and committing genocide according to reports. That’s what we are talking about here. There is NO “it is what it is” with this. Again, what they are doing goes well beyond what we would call a sweat shop, as if that wasn’t bad enough.

you know that though…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
There’s many things on this space rock done out of habit that are patently stupid. Greed being real high on that list.

it is hard to stand on a pedestal in the US with the Chinese thing for this reason: buying huge quantities of cheap stuff for 75 years and turning a blind eye to how it comes to us…and product thirst hurting our own at the same time. But we explain it away.
Rounding up an ethnic monitory, putting them into concentration camps, and committing genocide according to reports. That’s what we are talking about here. There is NO “it is what it is” with this. Again, what they are doing goes well beyond what we would call a sweat shop, as if that wasn’t bad enough.

you know that though…
And that’s detestable

Last edited:

GimpYancIent

The IOC showed its politically sensitive spineless personality when China was chosen for these winter games. The IOC displayed its spineless handling of sports issued with the incompetent manner the Russian doping issues were handled. The athletes performed and shined each in their own way despite the IOC's stumbling and fumbling.
Cortina Italy will be a much different games.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom