Wyndham Bonnet Creek

BigRedDad

Original Poster
We are in the planning stages for our Summer trip. We have a very short Summer window with the calendar change for school. I have been looking at staying on property, but the prices are insane. Even if there were a discount, it can't compare to the quote I have at WBC. I have stayed at WBC and the resort is incredible. I even think it is better than any Disney resort.

For 9 nights, I am at $3,300 for AoA with 10 day tickets. At WBC in a 2BR unit, I am at ~$3,300 with Annual Passes (includes the ~$200 savings in parking with APs).

1. I lose out making FP+ picks 60 days out. At least with APs I can make them 30 days out.
2. I get APs which makes it possible for a second trip in the 13 month window (APs are 13 months now).
3. I lose EMH which we have never really never taken advantage of. Summer nights the parks are open late anyway. Morning EMH is only Fantasyland at MK and the other parks don't have too much benefit in the morning.

What are the offsite experts thoughts?

BigRedDad

Original Poster
I am going to continue my search for a DVC 1BR unit. I have quotes for WBC for ~$1,000 for a week. I have an offer for a 1BR unit at BWV for about $1,800. That is well above me deciding not to go to WBC.

epcotisbest

We now stay offsite more than onsite. WBC is a great property. I would take it over AoA, especially in a two bedroom. Some of our favorites include the Marriott timeshares, with our favorite being Marriott Lakeshore Reserve and Marriott Cypress Harbour. We just got back from Marriott Grande Vista a couple of weeks ago and it was good too.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
Thanks for that info. I was given an offer yesterday for a 1BR at WBC that I could not turn down. The owner was very friendly and able to meet our payment terms. For us, staying offsite requires an AP. With the 13 month deal going on now, we will get at least 3 uses out of the passes. The other benefit is that we get 20% off merchandise and dining, free parking, and Memory Maker is included. Those do add up and with trips, they add up greatly.

When we went to Sea World/US a few years ago, we stayed at the Renaissance hotel. We saw those Marriott developments and they were very nice.

BASS

I stayed there a couple years ago on a trip to Sea World and found the resort beautiful. I thought the hotel was gorgeous. It was under $150/night but felt like a resort that could easily get away charging $300+/night. Compared to what you get at Disney for the same price, it's a steal.

BigRedDad

Original Poster
I have been looking for other places. We have not decided because we were trying to see if we could swing a DCL cruise the week after. Since that is not going to happen because of price, we are going to stay a second week at WDW. We have not decided on a resort yet. The cheapest Value resort is still $900 for 5 nights. I can get another 7-day rental for about $700 in a 2BR unit. I have found Orange Lake Resort, Windsor Hills, and of course a 2nd week at WBC. All are within the same amount. I can't see staying a <300sf studio vs a ~1,250sf 2BR unit w/ 2 full baths, kitchen.

DiSnEyF@n

We now stay offsite more than onsite. WBC is a great property. I would take it over AoA, especially in a two bedroom. Some of our favorites include the Marriott timeshares, with our favorite being Marriott Lakeshore Reserve and Marriott Cypress Harbour. We just got back from Marriott Grande Vista a couple of weeks ago and it was good too.

Any idea what kind of park transportation there is??? Are there buses?

BigRedDad

Original Poster
WBC has a bus, but is a single RT and it is something like $6-$8 per person. Definitely not worth having. You are better off renting a car and paying for parking. However, when you factor those 2 in, you lose a great deal of the savings.

Skibum1970

Question. Does WBC have any walking or jogging paths? I also looked at the Sheraton Vistana and wondered about it. The rooms at both look great but I was hoping to find a resort with a walking path.

Rob562

Question. Does WBC have any walking or jogging paths? I also looked at the Sheraton Vistana and wondered about it. The rooms at both look great but I was hoping to find a resort with a walking path.

There's a path all the way around the lake. It appears to be roughly 0.6 mile all the way around.

-Rob

epcotisbest

As Rob said, there is a path but it is kinda short. Of course, you can make multiple loops. The best place to get in a really good walk is over at Fort Wilderness, or the path along the canal between SSR and OKW. You can access the OKW pathway from Disney Springs or SSR and it is a nice, scenic walkway.

I recently did a price comparison for Spring Break, and I was disappointed in the pricing at WBC versus WDW. These are per night, hotel only prices for a family of four:

Boardwalk $713
Wilderness Lodge $486-531
Bonnet Creek $375
Art of Animation $202-446
Riverside $267-308
All Star Movies $169-179

Is this typical? If so, I'm surprised that WBC gets so much business.

bh_trade

I recently did a price comparison for Spring Break, and I was disappointed in the pricing at WBC versus WDW. These are per night, hotel only prices for a family of four:

Boardwalk $713
Wilderness Lodge $486-531
Bonnet Creek $375
Art of Animation $202-446
Riverside $267-308
All Star Movies $169-179

Is this typical? If so, I'm surprised that WBC gets so much business.

That might be the rack rate for renting from WBC itself. Try looking on eBay for the dates you want, effectively renting from an owner who is selling a week they won't use, I've done it twice in the past, zero issues either time. We ended up renting a house this summer but I checked WBC before making the decision. A 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo was going for around $1150-1250/week back in mid-late June. You can do way better than $375/night!

TamaraQT

I got a GREAT deal from a WBC owner 2 years ago. I used Redweek. She rented a 2bedroom to me for only $599 !!! I may NEVER see a deal like that again but I was so grateful. We stayed in Tower 5 12th floor lake side. Beautiful view of lake, fountains and the lazy river below. I use Redweek and TUG for all my rentals. I never had a problem with either one. I feel safer with them than I do Ebay. But I hear many people have rented on Ebay and never had an issue either. Paying $200-$300+/night is not what the average person staying at Bonnet Creek is paying. Believe me!!

Skibum1970

As Rob said, there is a path but it is kinda short. Of course, you can make multiple loops. The best place to get in a really good walk is over at Fort Wilderness, or the path along the canal between SSR and OKW. You can access the OKW pathway from Disney Springs or SSR and it is a nice, scenic walkway.

I think that I should have changed my name to thread bump as I did the same to your "The Wallet Is Closed" trip report. Do you have to sit through a sales pitch? My wife will flay me if I do that to her. We did that once to get free tickets and they were strong-arming us so bad.

epcotisbest

I think that I should have changed my name to thread bump as I did the same to your "The Wallet Is Closed" trip report. Do you have to sit through a sales pitch? My wife will flay me if I do that to her. We did that once to get free tickets and they were strong-arming us so bad.
I'm not sure what you mean by "have to sit through a sales pitch?" If you rent directly at regular rates, or through a third party or owner who is renting out their unit, then no, you don't have to sit through anything. They can't make you.
If you stay using a special promotional rate to market their timeshare program, then yes, to get the special promotional rate you would need to attend the sales presentation.
They try to get everyone to take the tour, offering some kind of incentive, but we just decline.

TamaraQT

No I didn't have to sit thru a sales presentation because I rented a week from a timeshare owner. Just as @epcotisbest said, when you rent from an owner, no presentation is required. If you are looking for places to rent from there is Ebay, Redweek, SkyAuction and others. I am sure if you look around the forum you will find many trustworthy sources to use. Good luck and have fun.

NelleBelle

When we stayed, we booked through VRBO. We had a pretty good deal--7 nights for around $800. I think they asked if we were interested in "free tickets" and we just said no and were never bothered again. Would definitely stay at WBC again (and kinda wish we were doing the same this year instead of forking out all the $$ to staying at SSR).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom