Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Goofy6294

Original Poster
Looking at some different options for a family of 5, and I'm considering staying off-site for the first time. WBC seems to get good reviews. Since we don't normally stay in anything other than a hotel, what do I need to know? For instance how do towels, toiletries and housekeeping work? TIA!

ParentsOf4

We've stayed at WBC a couple of times; it's a good cheap option and is located next to Caribbean Beach Resort.

Like most timeshares, you start off with a fresh set of towels and enough consumables (e.g. toilet paper) to last a couple of days. However, if you are staying longer, you'll need to get your own. The pools (they have several, including ones with small lazy rivers) have separate towels for swimming.

Housekeeping does not come but I believe you can pay extra for it, if you want. We actually prefer it, not having to deal with strangers coming into the room.

Their 2-bedroom suites are larger than WDW's 2-bedroom villas. (We are DVC members.)

WBC often can be found on eBay for around $100/night. A comparable DVC suite is about $1,000/night!

It's best having your own car to get around, although they offer hourly bus service to WDW theme parks. Parking there is a pain though. We always can find spots but often far away.

It's not a Disney hotel so it' not in "the bubble". However, it's surrounded on 3 sides by WDW so you never have to leave what's effectively WDW property.

At times, there are aspects about WBC that feel cheaply made but having stayed offsite many times, that seems to be a common thread to most area timeshares, rentals, and hotels.

It's a timeshare so, sometimes, they try to do a sales pitch. Just tell them you are not interested or that you're a DVC member (they have no way of checking) and they'll politely let you on your way.

For someone who wants more space than a single room and wants to save some serious cash, it's a good option.

The Empress Lilly

We've stayed at WBC a couple of times; it's a good cheap option and is located next to Caribbean Beach Resort.

Like most timeshares, you start off with a fresh set of towels and enough consumables (e.g. toilet paper) to last a couple of days. However, if you are staying longer, you'll need to get your own. The pools (they have several, including ones with small lazy rivers) have separate towels for swimming.

Housekeeping does not come but I believe you can pay extra for it, if you want. We actually prefer it, not having to deal with strangers coming into the room.

Their 2-bedroom suites are larger than WDW's 2-bedroom villas. (We are DVC members.)

WBC often can be found on eBay for around $100/night. A comparable DVC suite is about $1,000/night!

It's best having your own car to get around, although they offer hourly bus service to WDW theme parks. Parking there is a pain though. We always can find spots but often far away.

It's not a Disney hotel so it' not in "the bubble". However, it's surrounded on 3 sides by WDW so you never have to leave what's effectively WDW property.

At times, there are aspects about WBC that feel cheaply made but having stayed offsite many times, that seems to be a common thread to most area timeshares, rentals, and hotels.

It's a timeshare so, sometimes, they try to do a sales pitch. Just tell them you are not interested or that you're a DVC member (they have no way of checking) and they'll politely let you on your way.

For someone who wants more space than a single room and wants to save some serious cash, it's a good option.
What? On Ebay for $100!? :grumpy:

The Empress Lilly

What, do you own there? ;)

Yep, $100/night for a 2-bedroom suite. Just go to ebay.com and type "Wyndham Bonnet Creek". We've done it successfully a couple of times.

Even those asking more often are willing to negotiate price if you send them a private message.

At $100/night for a 2-bedroom suite next to the Caribbean Beach Resort, WBC can't be beat.

Or you can get a 2-bedroom villa from Disney for $1,000/night. Just $900/night more gets you and your family some lovely rubber bands to wear on your wrist and a short wait for Soarin'. :D

Too bad with ride tiering in effect at Epcot and DHS, you still have to wait in the Standby Line for Test Track. :mad:
I'll console myself with the thought that indeed WBC offers the value of a $1000 WDW resort, and is located just as close. :cool:

Goofy6294

Original Poster
Too bad with ride tiering in effect at Epcot and DHS, you still have to wait in the Standby Line for Test Track. :mad:

That's one of my concerns. We're looking at a stay in early 2015, and it's so hard to know what iteration of FPP we'll have at that time. But I gotta think about it now because we're also considering renting DVC points and I'm eyeing that 11-month window...

Goofy6294

Original Poster
Yep, $100/night for a 2-bedroom suite. Just go to ebay.com and type "Wyndham Bonnet Creek". We've done it successfully a couple of times.

Is there a way that you can confirm ownership to make sure the seller is legit? Also, is it similar to DVC where the owner has to correspond with Wyndham or could I communicate directly with Wyndham regarding the reservation?

BigRedDad

I have thought hard about staying offsite and going the AP rates. Part of this is due to the cost of trackout camps for my daughter ($200+ a week). I have looked for deals for less expensive offsite hotels. I have found 4* hotels (studio room) for $50 a night. I have found WBC for as low as $500 for a week for a 1-bedroom. Since this will be just a trip with my daughter and I, we do not need big accommodations. We just need a place to sleep and swim.

brokedad

Looking at some different options for a family of 5, and I'm considering staying off-site for the first time. WBC seems to get good reviews. Since we don't normally stay in anything other than a hotel, what do I need to know? For instance how do towels, toiletries and housekeeping work? TIA!
Wbc is your brst bet, I have stayed there and was very happy with it.if you rent from a person on ebay, just always check feedback.You can also watch many videos on YouTube, I think I sat there for 3 hours watching.

Potter

We used to stay WDW Deluxe until our family got too big (six) so WBC is our new home and you will not be disappointed. WBC is actually onsite and you will find a great deal of info regarding WBC on that "other website" where there is a thread dedicated to it. Check out the Presidential Suites because it is worth the $$ (half of a WDW Deluxe).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom