WWYE (What Would You Eat?)

tracyandalex

Original Poster
In less than 30 days we will be at the World!!!!!!!:D Now that all of our dining plans are finalized, we want to know what all of you eat at the places we will be eating at on this trip. Some of these are places we've eaten before and some are new to us. It will be me, DH, and DD4. This trip is all about new experiences, so let us know what to eat so we are not missing out!! TIA

Here is the list:

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
Hollywood & Vine breakfast
50's Prime Time dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner
Trail's End breakfast
Kona Cafe lunch
Raglan Road dinner
San Angel Inn dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Boma dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast

Vader2112

Mickey's Backyard BBQ - Ribs...
Hollywood & Vine breakfast - Breakfast foods eggs etc...Standard offereings
50's Prime Time dinner - Pot Roast!!
1900 Park Fare breakfast Standard breakfast omelette station
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner Family style only way to go .
Trail's End breakfast. Have not gone give me an update :)
Kona Cafe lunch Pan fried Chicken w/coconut and mango sauce
Raglan Road dinner Guiness Glazed Ribs (ap) It's not Bleedin' Chowder (entree) BREAD PUDDING!!!!!
San Angel Inn dinner Care Asada Tortilla Soup or Shrimp Cocktail
Tusker House breakfast Most Breakfgasts seem the same to me :(
Boma dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast

tracyandalex

Original Poster
Mickey's Backyard BBQ - Ribs...
Hollywood & Vine breakfast - Breakfast foods eggs etc...Standard offereings
50's Prime Time dinner - Pot Roast!!
1900 Park Fare breakfast Standard breakfast omelette station
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner Family style only way to go .
Trail's End breakfast. Have not gone give me an update :)
Kona Cafe lunch Pan fried Chicken w/coconut and mango sauce
Raglan Road dinner Guiness Glazed Ribs (ap) It's not Bleedin' Chowder (entree) BREAD PUDDING!!!!!
San Angel Inn dinner Care Asada Tortilla Soup or Shrimp Cocktail
Tusker House breakfast Most Breakfgasts seem the same to me :(
Boma dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast

We only suffer through Hollywood and Vine because it seems DD would die if she did not get to do the Disney Jr breakfast. (smh)
I am definitely intrigued by your Kona suggestion!
I think DH will be interested in the Guiness ribs!

Vader2112

The ribs are an app but are plenty for a meal. The Bread Pudding is not an option you must try. Holywood and Vine is a must now that Jake is a part.. My 2 y/o son would disown me. Can't go wrong with the Fish and Chips at Raglan as well although I prefer the Cookes County Fish and Chips at EPCOT.

crispy

'50s Primetime - Get the sampler platter with fried chicken, meatloaf, and pot roast. It's great and lets you taste a little bit of everything.

ddbowdoin

In less than 30 days we will be at the World!!!!!!!:D Now that all of our dining plans are finalized, we want to know what all of you eat at the places we will be eating at on this trip. Some of these are places we've eaten before and some are new to us. It will be me, DH, and DD4. This trip is all about new experiences, so let us know what to eat so we are not missing out!! TIA

Here is the list:

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
50's Prime Time dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Trail's End breakfast
Kona Cafe lunch (the wings! they are a pretty large serving so be ready to eat but the sauce is really nice)
Raglan Road dinner (they have a short rib served in a copper pan, very nice)
San Angel Inn dinner (chicken mole... delicious, pair up with some plantanos)
Tusker House breakfast
Boma dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast

here are some of my highlights! just my .02 cents!

ddbowdoin

Are the Kona wings the same wings as Ohana?
I was eyeing the chicken mole, nice to get a good review of it!

that is a good question... they MIGHT be a little different, but the Kona wings have a slightly different sauce and have Chinese mustard drizzled on them.

As for the mole, a nice dish... seriously, decent flavor for anyone who has never had truly authentic southwestern food.

FitzherbertFreak

Out of your restaurants, here are my top 3:

50's Prime Time dinner: Pot Roast or Chicken Pot Pie

Tusker House breakfast: Cinnamon Roll

Boma dinner: Everything! But must haves: Fufu and Zebra Domes

tracyandalex

Original Poster
Out of your restaurants, here are my top 3:

50's Prime Time dinner: Pot Roast or Chicken Pot Pie

Tusker House breakfast: Cinnamon Roll

Boma dinner: Everything! But must haves: Fufu and Zebra Domes

Fufu?

I always get the pot roast and I'm looking to expand my horizons. I will put the chicken pot pie on the maybe list!

NiarrNDisney

Here are my picks but as a Pescatarian (I only eat fish) my choices are a little limited:

Liberty Tree Tavern - Thanksgiving family style dinner two highlights being the Strawberry vinagrette and the Johnny Apple seed cake

Kona Cafe - For lunch we like to get a bunch of little things and share we liked the Lump Crab Cakes, Fish tacos, and friends and family swear by the Sticky Wings

Boma - Probably one fo the best buffets on property so try a little of each if you can otherwise the Butternut Squash Soup, Curried Coconut Seafood Stew, Vegetable Lentil Kofta, Spinach & Beet salad, Tunisian Couscous salad and Zebra Domes all Stood out. Ooo also there was some potatoes (Not Fufu) and fish that i couldnt get enough of

~edit~ Fufu is mashed potatoes mixed with sweet potatoes with some spices on it that taste like pumpkin pie spice and cilantro (I'm not a fan).

Raglan Road - With such a large variety of choices we once again like to order a bunch of things a share we really enjoyed the Truffle Oil Skinny Chips, Tart Art, Calamari City, Fish & Chips, and the Raglan Risotto

Hope this helps!:)

HouCuseChickie

Here is the list:

Mickey's Backyard BBQ - haven't tried this
Hollywood & Vine breakfast - loved their corned beef hash
50's Prime Time dinner - fried chicken, shakes, onion rings
1900 Park Fare breakfast - pecan sticky buns (#1 fave), smoked salmon, lobster benedict
Liberty Tree Tavern dinner - turkey
Trail's End breakfast - haven't tried
Kona Cafe lunch - haven't tried
Raglan Road dinner - haven't tried
San Angel Inn dinner - don't remember what I had
Tusker House breakfast - standard breakfast fare, bobtie, hash
Boma dinner - couscous, kokonut rice
Chef Mickey's breakfast - standard breakfast fare

See above :)

Dad 2 M & M

We only suffer through Hollywood and Vine because it seems DD would die if she did not get to do the Disney Jr breakfast. (smh)
I am definitely intrigued by your Kona suggestion!
I think DH will be interested in the Guiness ribs!
We love both the H & V and Tusker Breakfast!!

fauzha7

You didn't mention any quick service meals but I'll give you one of my favorites. I've only seen it on two menus (although it may be available other places as well). It's the Beef and Blue sandwich at Pop Century Resort and at Caribbean Beach Resort. Haven't seen it in the parks. Yummy!

armyfamilyof5

50's Prime Time-fried chicken, love the greens they serve as a side w/this!
Ragland Road-Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie and Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding
We prefer O'hana's breakfast over any of the others, for some reason I know we didn't like Chef Mickey's much.
1900 Park Fare was great for the character interaction, the mad hatter was there and he was a hoot, I think the stepsisters were there as well, my daughter had on a top that said, "I love shoes" one of them asked her how many pairs of shoes she has and she went along with it and told her at least 50, the stepsister pointed at out daughter and shouted, "MOTHER SHE HAS 50 PAIRS OF SHOES, I NEED MORE SHOES", everyone was laughing and it was a lot of fun.

A suggestion for quick service meals are Mexico in Epcot and at MK the slaw dog at Casey's is great. At AK we always do lunch at Yak N Yeti (the sit down service, not the QS), never had trouble getting in if we arrive when they open (11:30), everything we've had there has been wonderful, the won tons for dessert cannot be missed! We enjoy Flametree but the last time the baked beans were not done so maybe try it later in the day. DTD Wolfgang Pucks and Earl of Sandwich are good for fast meals.

tracyandalex

Original Poster
50's Prime Time-fried chicken, love the greens they serve as a side w/this!
Ragland Road-Keen Eye for the Shepherds Pie and Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding
We prefer O'hana's breakfast over any of the others, for some reason I know we didn't like Chef Mickey's much.
1900 Park Fare was great for the character interaction, the mad hatter was there and he was a hoot, I think the stepsisters were there as well, my daughter had on a top that said, "I love shoes" one of them asked her how many pairs of shoes she has and she went along with it and told her at least 50, the stepsister pointed at out daughter and shouted, "MOTHER SHE HAS 50 PAIRS OF SHOES, I NEED MORE SHOES", everyone was laughing and it was a lot of fun.

A suggestion for quick service meals are Mexico in Epcot and at MK the slaw dog at Casey's is great. At AK we always do lunch at Yak N Yeti (the sit down service, not the QS), never had trouble getting in if we arrive when they open (11:30), everything we've had there has been wonderful, the won tons for dessert cannot be missed! We enjoy Flametree but the last time the baked beans were not done so maybe try it later in the day. DTD Wolfgang Pucks and Earl of Sandwich are good for fast meals.

I always forget about Yak & Yeti!! I have been considering the fried chicken at 50's. DD had an experience with the step sisters at the MK parade a few months ago. She was asleep and they kept yelling at her until she woke. It was hysterical.

jlsHouston

Here is the list:

Mickey's Backyard BBQ
50's Prime Time dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Trail's End breakfast
Kona Cafe lunch
Raglan Road dinner
San Angel Inn dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Boma dinner
Chef Mickey's breakfast

hmmm I would somehow have dinner at 1900 Park Fare or breakfast at Akerhaus because I have to dine with some princesses while at the world as does my DGD7...

tracyandalex

Original Poster
hmmm I would somehow have dinner at 1900 Park Fare or breakfast at Akerhaus because I have to dine with some princesses while at the world as does my DGD7...

Hahaha, I did notice that I was falling into the bad mommy trap with no princess dining, so I have added CRT to my plan for next year. I might be able to be convinced to add 1900 Park Fare dinner too. We have been discussing doing the BBB for DD next year so that is why I was holding off this year. Also, DD makes us stand in hours of princess lines regardless of whether she meets them at a meal or not, smh!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom