WWE Looking to make theme park attractions.

ppete1975

well wcw did film wrestling at the Disney mgm for a while when they were a studio so not the first time wrestling and Disney were friends. also if they did their more cartoon (rock and wrestling or slam city) I could see it. Prob Hollywood studios would be the park to put it at.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Well there was the rumor going around that WWE was going to put their physical Hall of Fame at Universal and it would make the most sense to add WWE themed rides to that park seeing as though USA airs most of their content (and USA is under the NBC/Universal umbrella).

I doubt this though as the report states they want to do their own theme park as opposed to just rides at others.

Gelatoni

Original Poster
As much as i like wwe i dont see them a strong enough ip to solo a theme park they would need to be apart of larger park imo

wdwfan4ver

I don't see this being at WDW at all despite The Muppets did show up as guests at Monday Night raw once. That article gave me the impression they want to build their own theme park. If the wrestling theme park is in Orlando, its going flop hard due to the amount of theme park already in the Orlando area. The WWE under Vince Mcmahon Jr. did business stuff outside of the wrestling ring and flopped such as a WWE Restaurant did as an example.

I think Universal would be the back up option due the WWE Hall of Fame rumors in the past for Orlando.

I don't see Disney being after WWE attractions for DHS because the amount of IPS Disney could use for DHS. The nature of Universal of Studio parks and the rumor of a true third Universal Studio theme park would make sense to have WWE attractions at Universal.

Last edited:

Bairstow

I can't imagine anything will come of this.
I'm guessing the company just paid a couple of twenty-something-year-olds to write "Kuka Arm" in a PowerPoint presentation and sketch out some concept art with Photoshop in order to satisfy some wild hair some member of the McMahon family was curious about.

Besides, is it really prudent to base something as expensive and permanent as a theme park attraction on any member of a professional class that is notorious for drugs, murder, sex scandals, or any number of inevitable public self-destructions? This company tends to make people persona non grata simply because they talk to the press.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
WWE is notorious for murder? Since when? Lol the only thing that really stood out with that is the Chris Benoit thing and they completely distanced themselves from him. Also sex scandels? Nope, those hardly exist either.

champdisney

An entire theme park based on WWE would be tough to sell and this is coming from a wrestling mark such as myself. Unless they build this in India or Abu Dhabi then I can see it being a success.

In reality, I think WWE should keep it within Universal Studios. Being that there is now a Tonight Show attraction, I don't see why not. That "Road to WrestleMania" attraction could work brilliantly for Universal. If it's anything like the WrestleMania opening intro, I would definitely be down for that. But if you ain't, well then I got 2 words for ya....

The_Jobu

I agree it'd have to be in Universal and it'd have to be themed to multiple wrestlers and not a single person. The backstage politics and scandals are just too much fit in with Disney or to have something permanent that cant be updated with minimal effort.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Besides, is it really prudent to base something as expensive and permanent as a theme park attraction on any member of a professional class that is notorious for drugs, murder, sex scandals, or any number of inevitable public self-destructions? This company tends to make people persona non grata simply because they talk to the press.
Wait, are we talking McMahons or Clintons here?

AshaNeOmah

What would a WWE ride consist of from a Disney perspective? i could see some type of roller coaster, but Disney isn't known for those high speed thrills.

Any ideas?

wdwfan4ver

I was a professional Wrestling fan from 1992 to 2002.

I am only addressing the so called murders that I'm aware of.

Bruiser Brody getting Murdered by another wrestler in a shower room in a wrestling locker room in 1988 had nothing to do with the WWE at all. The wrestler that did the murder never wrestled in the WWE after it happened because it was a well known murder that somehow the murderer got away with murder.

Bruiser Brody never wrestler or rarely wrestled in the WWE to my knowledge. Bruiser Body's death is Puerto Rico happened in a wrestling promotion that had no WWE ties at all back in 1988. The only connection the WWE has to that murder was inducting the promoter of that wrestling federation into the WWE Hall of Fame and it was debatable what that promoter action knew.

WWE wasn't responsible for Dino Bravo dying from a Cigarette mob bullets in Canada hit in 1993 either. Dino was not part of the WWE at that time. The WWE actually doesn't have mob ties to my knowledge. Dino Bravo got the mob ties from him being a nephew by marriage to a crime boss.

The only thing you can point the WWE on with Chris Benoit was how they treated concussions at the time, but WWE shouldn't be completely blamed on that. There studies on Chris's brain after he died and he had the brain of an old man that suffers from stuff that National Football League players suffer from. The truth is Chris Benoit was trying to make headbutts, and chairshots look too real and he was doing that way before he went to the WWE. The concussion thing with Benoit should traced to Canada promotions, Japan Promotions and WCW because those wrestling organizations didn't check for concussions either

Chris shouldn't been wrestling in 2007 by brain studies after his death on him. You shouldn't just blame the WWE on not treating concussions at the time because the National Football League is known for their concussions too and how bad they handled concussions also.

I hope you are not talking about the Big Boss Man hanging at Wrestlemania 15 by the Undertaker because that was a fake death. The other thing is the Undertaker back in the 1990's was known for gimmick wrestling matches like casket matches and that hanging on matching is a shock. The other thing is the WWE wasn't the only federation that had fake death matches such as electric barbwire matches that happened in Japan.

The Owen Hart death wasn't murder. That was an accidental death. The way Owen died from a harness was something that could've happened to different wrestlers in the WWE and in other wrestling promotions back in the 1990's, but didn't. All I knew about that death is Owen felt uneasy using the harness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom