Rumor Wreck-It-Ralph Attraction Likely to Replace Stitch’s Great Escape

Parker41056

When can we export Monster's Inc Laugh Floor to DHS and gut Buzz so we can have a solid dark ride in that space?
Love the idea of lifting Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor and moving that to DHS. Create a mini land with Laugh Floor, clone of Monster's Ride & Go Seek from Tokyo and then some sort of Olga's Cantina Style eatery but themed to Monster Inc. Could create some scary drinks and food combos. As for gutting Buzz at the Magic Kingdom, I'm all for that. A nice Wreck it Ralph dark ride attraction would fit well there. Maybe riding through the arcade room like in the movies. This could be a trackless ride that moves in and out of the various arcade game settings. As for the Former Lilo & Stitch, something needs to replace that. My vote is for a Big Hero 6 or Wall-E attraction.

SteamboatJoe

Pretty sure the most recent Speedway plans were not for Cars but rather Tron, to extend the aesthetic further into the land and give the younger audience a Tron option as well.

Yep. That is what I have read here too. To be clear, I don't necessarily want Cars. Just surprised this group hasn't done it. Something needs to be done with Speedway. The only value it really has is providing a little green space in Tomorrowland but that could easily be accomplished throughout the land in other ways. Honestly, I'd probably take it out. Even with Tron that plot could probably accomodate one or two attractions and a shop or a food counter of some type.

J4546

if they redid speedway with a cool tron theme, made it electric and put maybe a giant fountain of something in the middle of the north eastern loop area, along with a cool raised viewing area on the eastern side beside the new tron canopy....imagine something like this but on the right side of the pic is wehere speedway would be....below the main pathway connecting tron and barnstormer area

Attachments

• Shanghai-Tomorrowland-P-03.jpg
    Shanghai-Tomorrowland-P-03.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 106

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It’s a nice thought, but Disney won’t do it because money. I love Universal Orlando, butstill not a threat to WDW.

That’s said, in a race between building and launching attractions, Universal Orlando beats WDW.

How many years will the WDW railroad be closed?

How many years will there be construction walls in EPCOT?

Normally I'd agree, but the rumored Harry Potter attraction would be where the Fear Factor Live theater is right now...in other words, having to tear down and build a new structure for it, vs. Disney only needing to re-purpose the interior of an existing building.

GimpYancIent

Love the idea of lifting Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor and moving that to DHS. Create a mini land with Laugh Floor, clone of Monster's Ride & Go Seek from Tokyo and then some sort of Olga's Cantina Style eatery but themed to Monster Inc. Could create some scary drinks and food combos. As for gutting Buzz at the Magic Kingdom, I'm all for that. A nice Wreck it Ralph dark ride attraction would fit well there. Maybe riding through the arcade room like in the movies. This could be a trackless ride that moves in and out of the various arcade game settings. As for the Former Lilo & Stitch, something needs to replace that. My vote is for a Big Hero 6 or Wall-E attraction.
1625619773907.png

Disstevefan1

Normally I'd agree, but the rumored Harry Potter attraction would be where the Fear Factor Live theater is right now...in other words, having to tear down and build a new structure for it, vs. Disney only needing to re-purpose the interior of an existing building.
I hope you are right but wanna bet the new Harry Potter attraction is completed before Disney completes Ralph. Meanwhile, the Walt Disney Railroad will still be closed, construction walls will still be snaking through EPCOT.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
IIRC, the two theaters for SGE had different exits, right? Didn't one empty into Merchant of Venus already (and the other into Star Traders)?

And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the same for Alien Encounter too?

Originally Moon and M2M had two exits - one next to the entrance and one facing the hub. AE changed the first to dump into Star Traders and then later the west theatre exit was also altered. The rabbit warren of corridors still remains.
Pretty sure the most recent Speedway plans were not for Cars but rather Tron,
Correct .

Last edited:

castlecake2.0

Originally Moon and M2M had two exits - one next to the entrance and one facing the hub. AE changed the first to dump into Star Traders and then later the west theatre exit was also altered. The rabbit warren of corridors still remains.

Correct .
Was one of the exits were the extended queue is now? It always felt like a weird space back there.

thequeuelinelectures

I think this ~could~ make some sense in tomorrowland if they lean heavy in the 80's neon arcadey-ness of it all for the exterior and queue and leave the sugar rush and more fantastical game hopping for the attraction experience itself. Aesthetically a classic arcade and Tron make a lot sense together in one land

Disney Maddux

Correct .
The west exit's doors can still be walked by and seen today. Right next to Auntie Gravity's, pair of random doors that are never used, so lonely. :(

James Alucobond

LF is fine, Timekeeper looks like it was better, and I'd prefer something like that, but most visitors aren't going to want to sit for a theater show if it's not engaging like LF is.
It's fine as an attraction, but it has the unique distinction of being completely and utterly unjustifiable in the land. Even if many others are a stretch and only work if you fudge the theme, there's absolutely no way to reconcile Laugh Floor with Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom