Rumor Wreck-It-Ralph Attraction Likely to Replace Stitch’s Great Escape

azox

I'm also thinking Disney might decide to try to beat Universal to the VR experience by opening this before the Harry Potter one if that one is going forward

If they try to rush it out, you have to wonder if it would be like the failed attempt using Kuka arms for Epcot's "Sum of all Thrills" vs Universal's Forbidden Journey.

trainplane3

And because copy-pasting quotes from other threads isn't cooperating:
@marni1971
Pardon the crudeness - I`ve been having new PC migration issues but here`s a size comparison someone asked about. Not taking into account structural issues like support beams and the like.
View attachment 553961

And if needed, I'm sure they could eat up Merchant of Venus and Auntie Gravity's. Actually, isn't Merchant still closed?

Editing this: Yep, checked my May pictures and Merchant is closed. I remember taking pictures of the signage since I assumed it won't be returning. "Closed" sign on the doors and glass was blacked out. Almost safe to assume some level of construction is happening inside?

Last edited:

James Alucobond

Wreck It Ralph really doesn't fit Tomorrowland at all...
Nor do any of the non-classic rides at this point. Yeah, you've still got Space Mountain, Astro Orbiter, the Carousel, and the PeopleMover, but there's definitely a virtual reality/digital future bent with the what we're seeing now, including Tron, the currently shelved updates to the Speedway, the rumored Wreck-It Ralph attraction, and, to an extent, Space Ranger Spin. They may even intend to lean that direction with their updated final scene in the Carousel, if it ever happens.

doctornick

So it is somewhat similar to MILF in size. Wasn’t the equivalent of MILF used for Buzz in DL?

Huh. I always thought that Buzz replaced Adventures Thru Inner Space at DL given the same ride system (much like Buzz at MK replaced If You Had Wings). But I see that Star Tours went in that spot and Buzz replaced the the CircleVision theater as mentioned.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
And because copy-pasting quotes from other threads isn't cooperating:
@marni1971
Pardon the crudeness - I`ve been having new PC migration issues but here`s a size comparison someone asked about. Not taking into account structural issues like support beams and the like.
View attachment 553961

And if needed, I'm sure they could eat up Merchant of Venus and Auntie Gravity's. Actually, isn't Merchant still closed?

Editing this: Yep, checked my May pictures and Merchant is closed. I remember taking pictures of the signage since I assumed it won't be returning. "Closed" sign on the doors and glass was blacked out. Almost safe to assume some level of construction is happening inside?
According to Andyman, retail was told that space is no longer theirs. It’s been completely removed from the app and website, unlike the other still-not-reopened retail spaces. And they blacked out the windows so you can’t see inside.So make of that what you will.

ToTBellHop

According to Andyman, retail was told that space is no longer theirs. It’s been completely removed from the app and website, unlike the other still-not-reopened retail spaces. And they blacked out the windows so you can’t see inside.So make of that what you will.
Disney After Hours Premium Dessert Party with Astro Orbiter View CONFIRMED!

JustInTime

I was told they plan was to exit through Merchant of Venus and that’s why it’s still closed. Wonder how true that is?

doctornick

I was told they plan was to exit through Merchant of Venus and that’s why it’s still closed. Wonder how true that is?

IIRC, the two theaters for SGE had different exits, right? Didn't one empty into Merchant of Venus already (and the other into Star Traders)?

SteamboatJoe

Wreck It Ralph really doesn't fit Tomorrowland at all... Would be a better fit at DHS... It is neither futuristic or science fiction... Would have been cute to have done the speedway over as Sugar Rush though it's proximity to Fantasyland...
It's a better fit than Monsters Inc. at least. I don't have a problem with Tomorrowland becoming more sci-fi and less about the literal future or strictly outer space. Provides for a lot more flexibility and would seemingly be more sustainable.

doctornick

It's a better fit than Monsters Inc. at least. I don't have a problem with Tomorrowland becoming more sci-fi and less about the literal future or strictly outer space. Provides for a lot more flexibility and would seemingly be more sustainable.

Sci-fi Fantasyland always seemed to like a reasonable execution for TL. This was even more so when FW existed as a place to showcase a more realistic/aspirational future (though that distinction between the lands is blurred now). I'm not really bothered by any particular Sci-Fi elements like WIR or Monsters Inc (or Tron) - the Speedway as exists is a much more glaring issue in terms of the theme to me.

SteamboatJoe

Sci-fi Fantasyland always seemed to like a reasonable execution for TL. This was even more so when FW existed as a place to showcase a more realistic/aspirational future (though that distinction between the lands is blurred now). I'm not really bothered by any particular Sci-Fi elements like WIR or Monsters Inc (or Tron) - the Speedway as exists is a much more glaring issue in terms of the theme to me.
The fact they haven't just slapped a uber cheap Cars overlay onto the Speedway is borderline amazing given current management. I mean all they have to do is replace the ride vehicles and add some characters on the signs.

Last edited:

aliceismad

I agree with this. I would much rather see Wall-E if you must have an IP to attach a new attraction to. But if we're talking about Tomorrowland as exploration and technology, Ralph is a better fit that most.

Something like Atlantis or Treasure Planet might work in a more Disneyland or Paris setting, but both of those were floppity flop flop flops, I think.

SonnyEcipse

Listen, if it’s based on the first one, I’m good. The arcade aesthetic works somewhat decently with Tron being nearby.

If it’s based on the second one, we’re all doomed.

SteamboatJoe

A WIR attraction would have fit well where Buzz is. A blaster ride is ideal for a video game themed IP. But I can understand how WIR simulator or VR attraction also lends itself to an area with fairly limited space. I hope this one happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom