Wow, that Toy Story Playland they just opened in Paris is carnival GARBAGE!

cheezbat

There is plenty of room for TSM, but it's not something that I think they are going to add because it is cost-prohibitive.

DLP has a development plan set through 2017, and you can find some of the things that have been discussed in other threads (and in other sites).

Walt Disney Studios seriously needs some more big additions. I could not believe their attendance numbers....only slightly over 2.6 million visitors a year? That's appalling! Six Flags parks bring in that many or slightly more! People are not going to fork over the cash to visit that park until there is more to do and some real attention-grabbers. Toy Story Playland is not the answer.

cheezbat

When I hear how upset Disney was over California Adventure's numbers, I figure they have to just about be on life support over Walt Disney Studios! They don't even bring in half what California Adventure does!

Fasttrack that Rattatouille dark ride...get an Indy clone in there, Monsters Inc, Cars, SOMETHING!!! I don't see this park surviving if it can't start bringing in at least 4-5 million visitors a year. Here I thought Hollywood Studios was a park in need of some serious work, Walt Disney Studios needs it even more!

coolmark18

Hey guys. I know I gave my opinions above but Im just back from Walt Disney Studios and my opinion has changed.

The park needed something. The park is very small and although we went at a quiet time, had done most of the things we wanted to by 3pm. The area isnt that well themed but the whole park is badly themed so it doesnt make much of a difference. Yes you can see the parachutes from around the park but you can see Tower of Terror from everywhere so it doesnt seem to make much difference.

Yes the rides aren't totally original but the park needed something and there probably isnt the money to go for a totally new concept...so this is better than nothing.

cheezbat

Hey guys. I know I gave my opinions above but Im just back from Walt Disney Studios and my opinion has changed.

The park needed something. The park is very small and although we went at a quiet time, had done most of the things we wanted to by 3pm. The area isnt that well themed but the whole park is badly themed so it doesnt make much of a difference. Yes you can see the parachutes from around the park but you can see Tower of Terror from everywhere so it doesnt seem to make much difference.

Yes the rides aren't totally original but the park needed something and there probably isnt the money to go for a totally new concept...so this is better than nothing.

Wow done by 3pm? Sounds slightly better than Animal Kingdom! :lol:

DTM93

When I hear how upset Disney was over California Adventure's numbers, I figure they have to just about be on life support over Walt Disney Studios! They don't even bring in half what California Adventure does!

Fasttrack that Rattatouille dark ride...get an Indy clone in there, Monsters Inc, Cars, SOMETHING!!! I don't see this park surviving if it can't start bringing in at least 4-5 million visitors a year. Here I thought Hollywood Studios was a park in need of some serious work, Walt Disney Studios needs it even more!

That's one thing I've always thought about WDS needing more development than DCA. WDS is a nice place but it definitely needs a lot adding to it and a lot of changing to it. I think for WDS to be truly improved it would need what DCA is getting done to it now where it's having some serious modification or it needs a massive expansion.
Something that may be slightly off topic but I've noticed and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I've noticed a lot of attraction ideas that were scrapped for DLP seem to be appearing in other places now. For example, the Beauty and the Beast restaurant was supposed to be in DLP but it got scrapped which is now heading for the FLE in MK. There was apparently a planned Theatre District for WDS and that was scrapped and it looks like it might be part of DCA when it has it's next huge makeover. Then apparently also the Little Mermaid attraction was also supposed to be in DLP and was scrapped and now a lot later on it's going to be in WDW and DLR instead. Why can't DLP create some of these ideas? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom