Wow! Disney knows how to fill up some ships!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I've been watching availability on the 1/18 Magic out of Galveston since we're sailing that for our next cruise. I've also volunteered to be the Fish Extender list keeper for that cruise (cruise group from another forum). I noticed in this last week we had a huge jump in additions to the list. I just went to DCL's website and did a quick search. The only thing showing available at any price point/offer for the entire ship is six 1-bedroom concierge suites. That's it. Everything else is sold out. I looked at the other 8-night sailing earlier in January that goes to Key West then to the Western Caribbean ports. That one is showing absolutely no availability at all. Wow! Disney sure knows how to fill those ships! For our cruise, I'd say at least half or more of the people who've joined the Fish Extender gift exchange are first-time cruisers. I'd say 80% of the people in that group have kids between the ages of 2 & 12. ((Yes, we're a bit nervous...hoping 2nd seating and sticking to the adult areas will keep us from being overrun with the little ones...eek!))

GenerationX

We just got back from the Fantasy over Thanksgiving week. A little sign at check-in said that no upgrades were available, because the ship was 100% sold out. DCL appears to be doing quite well ...

GenerationX

Weather was perfect (partly cloudy and 75-80 each day). Even with the full ship, we could always find a deck chair by the pools and a table at Cabanas for breakfast. Many thanks to your co-worker @wannabeBelle for booking it, answering the millions of questions I had, and sending an anniversary gift to our room!

TDF

Yikes… this is sorta making me worry about our upcoming spring break bahamas cruise for 3 nights! I noticed that there are actually no 1-bedrooms available and not sure if Tammy had an issue booking it for us but when I looked I had an issue finding two staterooms next to each other!

Disneyfalcon

Weather was perfect (partly cloudy and 75-80 each day). Even with the full ship, we could always find a deck chair by the pools and a table at Cabanas for breakfast. Many thanks to your co-worker @wannabeBelle for booking it, answering the millions of questions I had, and sending an anniversary gift to our room!

Excellent! Glad you had fun! :)

Disneyfalcon

Yikes… this is sorta making me worry about our upcoming spring break bahamas cruise for 3 nights! I noticed that there are actually no 1-bedrooms available and not sure if Tammy had an issue booking it for us but when I looked I had an issue finding two staterooms next to each other!

It will probably be full, but that's the norm. And full cruises are still fun! :)

wannabeBelle

You are so very welcome and I hope that your anniversary went well!!!! If you write a trip report, please send me a link, I'd love to read it. Have a Magical day!!! Marie

BigTxEars

Just checked on the 26th Jan out of Galveston which we are on, still open on all cabin types. I bet that changes though :). Good to see that DCL is doing well. With my yearly bonus in March I am going to go ahead and buy some Disney stock, that way when I give them money each year it will make me feel better :)

Patricia Melton

I want to do the California Coast cruise in September 2013.

I'm writing this note in December 2012.

How long before the September 2013 cruise is sold out?

I am only about 80% of the way towards having the money together for this right now. I want to know how much time I have to budget the funds.

Disneyfalcon

I want to do the California Coast cruise in September 2013.

I'm writing this note in December 2012.

How long before the September 2013 cruise is sold out?

I am only about 80% of the way towards having the money together for this right now. I want to know how much time I have to budget the funds.

It's hard to say. You probably have some time, but you never know when a ship will sell out. You only need 10% for a deposit up until the 16th though, if that helps! :)

Patricia Melton

It's hard to say. You probably have some time, but you never know when a ship will sell out. You only need 10% for a deposit up until the 16th though, if that helps! :)

The 16th of September?

Would you be able to handle a booking for that California Coast cruise? If so, my husband and I will book through you. I've heard only good things about KingdomKonsultant.com.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
The 16th of September?

Would you be able to handle a booking for that California Coast cruise? If so, my husband and I will book through you. I've heard only good things about KingdomKonsultant.com.

That's thru the 16th of this month, I think. Normally the deposit is 20% but until I think 12/16 it's only 10%. If you were going to throw a deposit on something now is the time to do it!

Disneyfalcon

The 16th of September?

Oops! Sorry! Typing too fast. The 16th of this month. It's a good time for a deposit! I can definitely book a California Coast cruise! Send me an email. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom