Would you work for WDW?

kybred72

Original Poster
Assuming you lived in the Lake Buena Vista area or near any of their parks or operations?

I sometimes get the urge to pick up and move to Florida b/c I love warm/hot weather and I think WDW would be a magical place to work. At the same time, if I was exposed to all that Disney Magic all the time, I might get tired of it and visiting the parks just wouldn't be the same.

Is WDW known for being a good employer?

spectro0294

I wouldn't know if WDW is a good imployer but I am planning to move to Fl. and work there in a year or so. From what I hear, many CMs enjoy being able to do it. And I don't know if the magic will fade, I definitly hope not. It's just the thought of being able to bring the magic to other peoples lives makes me want to do it even more.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I would, if I could! Being a Canadian, I'd have to have a "reason" to be working there [ICP would count, if I were of College age :cry:]. I even thought it would be nice to "supplement" my pensions once I retire. But the INS frowns on illegal aliens taking work in the U.S. without the appropriate papers.

Maybe I'll investigate possible ways of doing so when I'm closer to retirement [10-14 years hence].

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
ICP06 said:
Would, will, am going to be and can't wait!

And MontyMon, look into the Cultural Representative Program (http://www.disney.go.com/DisneyCareers/wdwcareers/international/index.html). You don't need to be in college to be eligible!

I don't know if I'd fit the bill as a "Cultural" rep... I was in the Canadian Navy for 16 years - not necessarily the best example of our "Canadian Culture"! :lol: j/k

The link takes me to a "Sorry, the page you requested was not found" page... Does it perhaps have to be accessed from within the site or using a password?

Sweetums

kybred72 said:
Assuming you lived in the Lake Buena Vista area or near any of their parks or operations?

I sometimes get the urge to pick up and move to Florida b/c I love warm/hot weather and I think WDW would be a magical place to work. At the same time, if I was exposed to all that Disney Magic all the time, I might get tired of it and visiting the parks just wouldn't be the same.

Is WDW known for being a good employer?

My experience is that it was a really great thing to do when I was young, single and didn't need to make a lot of money. I loved it and never got tired of visiting the parks.

The down side for me was that I found it difficult to move up and in to positions that interested me careerwise. Sure, attractions, characters, etc. were fun, but not where I wanted to be long term. Also, the pay was pretty abysmal.

WDW is a HUGE employer--for some, that is great. For others, not so much. The bigger a company, the less personal it can feel at times, which was also something I was finding with WDW.

I love the name recognition of working for a "Disney" and telling people where I work. But, there is definitely a lot to be said for working for smaller, "no-name" companies. Funny--I was working for a small, "no-name" company and we recently got purchased by IBM. So now I am working for the huge corporation again. Cool as far as name recognition...but a lot less personal than it was before.

maelstrom

I'm very seriously considering moving down to Florida to work at WDW. I think it's the only thing that will make me happy.

kybred72

Original Poster
maelstrom said:
I'm very seriously considering moving down to Florida to work at WDW. I think it's the only thing that will make me happy.

Maelstrom, I agree! Ohio just ain't cuttin in anymore. I'm not really attached to NW Ohio anyway. I have no family here and have only lived here for 5 or so years. I moved here for love of all things. :p

Figments Friend

Wow...i've found my "tribe"!

I have been seriously thinking of moving down for many years now, but even more intently this past year or so. I'm a natural fit and every other day it seems someone else tells me i should "..go work for Disney!".

To complicate things, earlier this month my best friend moved down to live there with her boyfriend which is of course driving me to think even more about it. She is'nt helping my sanity of course by her constant "encouraging" for me to "hurry up and move down here!" :lol:

So why not? Well...a few things but the main one being two biggies: Transportation to and from "work" and a place to live! Yeah...pretty big things to consider. It would be wonderful to learn of any places that are close to the Parks that have bus transport ( shoot...i'd be willing to ride the transport buses with the Guests everyday if i had to to get to work!) and what apartments are availble that are close to Downtown Disney or the parks. I'm not in college...so the CP is out.

Some day i hope to solve these "problems" and learn the answers so i can make the "Dream come True" finally after all these years!

Anyone have any insight or possible leads to info someone like me and the other posters above could benefit from? Thanks in advance for any info! :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom