Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well clearly at least one person does this.

I don’t bring bleach wipes or go crazy in hotel rooms, but I do wipe down the remote control and phone.
I’ve never done this myself but I work with a guy who brings a ziplock storage bag and puts the hotel room TV remote in it before using. If you think about it that thing is probably dirtier than the toilet seat in most hotel rooms 🤢🤮

Kingoglow

I believe that the CDC changed their stance on mask wearing by the general public, because they were afraid that the covid19 infection rate would take off and multiply at such a speed - that reducing the chances of any transmission in any way would be worth it.
Worth it to stop the wildfire possibility that the healthcare systems would quickly become overburdened.

The reason that they changed their stance is because they wanted the PPE supply chain to catch up. In the beginning, there was not enough PPE for healthcare professionals so they instructed us that masks are not required. Once the supply chain catch up, then they instructed us to wear the masks.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I absolutely will not go if they're telling me I have to wear a mask. I think today if Universal presents a plan that doesn't include wearing masks and it gets approved then people will absolutely flock to go there. I think people are sick and tired of this and I think people believe it has been blown completely out of proportion and would therefore be willing to go there in almost protest of all these "lockdowns" and whatever. I personally don't like Universal Studios but I would be happy for them to see people herding in there like cattle because I think if Disney sees people returning there quickly and without restrictions then it will cause Disney to end the restrictions much sooner. It's really simple to me. If you don't feel comfortable going with restrictions then don't go. If restrictions don't bother you then go. I really think if Disney would just make it a matter of choice whether you wear a mask or not people would be fine with that. Although does anyone know if some of the face covering stuff has been negotiated by their union for the supposed "safety" of the CM's?

Incomudro

The reason that they changed their stance is because they wanted the PPE supply chain to catch up. In the beginning, there was not enough PPE for healthcare professionals so they instructed us that masks are not required. Once the supply chain catch up, then they instructed us to wear the masks.

That's part of the reason.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Masks are the primary reason that I'm gonna hoard my DVC points until it is over but the second biggest reason would be if they only allow you to visit a park on an assigned day and only for certain periods of time. I asked a DVC agent yesterday if she knew whether you were only allowed in to Shanghai's park like once on your trip or if you could come and go as you please and she said she wasn't sure. I just think it would be super lame to not be able to do as I am accustomed to doing and it just wouldn't be enjoyable for me personally. I'm still skeptical that my October trip is gonna be a go or not. Actually if all this hadn't happened I would literally be there right this second. It just turns out that it wasn't meant to be and I'm annoyed but it is what it is.
Completely off topic, but since you mentioned DVC, in the LEGOLAND announcement they said both the parks and hotels will open with a 50% capacity limit. If Disney puts limits on hotel capacity how does that work for DVC which is almost always completely full. Could be a mess sorting out. I still have an August trip booked that I’m 99% certain I will cancel but want to see what happens with my DVC points. What a mess :(

icc2515

Completely off topic, but since you mentioned DVC, in the LEGOLAND announcement they said both the parks and hotels will open with a 50% capacity limit. If Disney puts limits on hotel capacity how does that work for DVC which is almost always completely full. Could be a mess sorting out.
I'm sure that this is a big issue for Disney. I don't see how they could limit DVC occupancy. This is a member owned property, not Disney owned. Once one resort, DVC or Disney, opens they will have to open all the DVC resorts. There is a stipulation in the contract that states in the case of an emergency DVCM must open the resort as quickly as possible. Some might even argue that it was against the contract for DVCM to even close the resorts at all. Florida has always said that timeshares could remain open. Phase 0 from Florida.gov. I personally think that they may open the DVC resorts before the parks or any of the Disney resorts to stop the surge of points that will be going into the system next year. We have 2 more big use years coming up soon with Aug and Sept. They are going to have to include them soon if they have not already. At least if they opened the resorts it would be the owners choice if they used their expiring points or just let them go.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Completely off topic, but since you mentioned DVC, in the LEGOLAND announcement they said both the parks and hotels will open with a 50% capacity limit. If Disney puts limits on hotel capacity how does that work for DVC which is almost always completely full. Could be a mess sorting out. I still have an August trip booked that I’m 99% certain I will cancel but want to see what happens with my DVC points. What a mess :(
The DVC told me yesterday they're still taking every reservation they can get and I'm just as curious as you are about it. CM's are pretty much completely in the dark on stuff as usual. I also asked her what would happen if I try to cancel my October trip because I don't want to deal with all the masks and what not if they're open but with restrictions then and she said she wasn't sure. I told her I figured my luck would be I would wind up cancelling and banking points and then they'd lift the restrictions and I'd lose my room. LOL! Where are you a member at? We're members at BLT and what would be really torturous to me would be knowing I was right on top of the MK and even would see it from my room but then not be able to go there. Actually a few years ago I had a dream (nightmare actually) that we were on vacation and we took my parents and they refused to go to the parks but I couldn't go without them and could only look at the MK. That was a terrible dream that now might become a reality. Sigh. LOL!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I'm sure that this is a big issue for Disney. I don't see how they could limit DVC occupancy. This is a member owned property, not Disney owned. Once one resort, DVC or Disney, opens they will have to open all the DVC resorts. There is a stipulation in the contract that states in the case of an emergency DVCM must open the resort as quickly as possible. Some might even argue that it was against the contract for DVCM to even close the resorts at all. Florida has always said that timeshares could remain open. Phase 0 from Florida.gov. I personally think that they may open the DVC resorts before the parks or any of the Disney resorts to stop the surge of points that will be going into the system next year. We have 2 more big use years coming up soon with Aug and Sept. They are going to have to include them soon if they have not already. At least if they opened the resorts it would be the owners choice if they used their expiring points or just let them go.
Our use year is April and we have 400 points but if I wind up having to cancel two of my trips for this year they said I'd have like 524 banked points or something. It's gonna be a headache for sure. They also have to keep track of what points are from what year and use the "expiring" ones first and what not. I'm just gonna keep a really close eye on it to make sure nothing falls through the cracks but hopefully they'll have it all together and those fears won't wind up coming to fruition.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The DVC told me yesterday they're still taking every reservation they can get and I'm just as curious as you are about it. CM's are pretty much completely in the dark on stuff as usual. I also asked her what would happen if I try to cancel my October trip because I don't want to deal with all the masks and what not if they're open but with restrictions then and she said she wasn't sure. I told her I figured my luck would be I would wind up cancelling and banking points and then they'd lift the restrictions and I'd lose my room. LOL! Where are you a member at? We're members at BLT and what would be really torturous to me would be knowing I was right on top of the MK and even would see it from my room but then not be able to go there. Actually a few years ago I had a dream (nightmare actually) that we were on vacation and we took my parents and they refused to go to the parks but I couldn't go without them and could only look at the MK. That was a terrible dream that now might become a reality. Sigh. LOL!
Home resort is BLT but right now I have a split stay in Aug booked in 2br at BCV for 6 nights and 4 nights at Poly. I’d love to just flip it to Aug 2021 but I think BCV at 7 months next year is gonna be impossible. I’m not going to go with the masks and the stuff closed this year. I borrowed some 2021 points so my only ask is they let me return those points to 2021. Then I can just bank my 2020 points and I’ll be Ok. So far they only have returned borrowed points to original use year on reservations canceled by the closure. I hope they make an exception or I’ll have to use my borrowed points by Feb and I’m not real sure Feb will be any better than Aug (other than the temp outside) and I’m hoping my kids are in school so I don’t want to pull them out after missing all this time now.

It would definitely be torture to see into MK but not be able to go.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I think I would go with the guidelines and health restrictions in place. Sometimes experiences something although it might be a bit of a challenge it might also give another perspective on the whole Disney World thing and that just might be fun to experience once.

FigmentsFangirl

Since masks and temp checks will be mandetory at least for a few weeks, my mom found that accordingly such restrictions and total length of time for them to be active, will also be added to the "days closed" for our APs My mom doesnt like the idea of masks being mandetory, but this is JULY when they will be reopening, so why worry of social distances then ? By the middle of June all social distancing guidlines and restrictions will have bene lifted ?

Color me confused but no I wont go if facemasks are mandetory

Ben_since_1971

I think I would go with the guidelines and health restrictions in place. Sometimes experiences something although it might be a bit of a challenge it might also give another perspective on the whole Disney World thing and that just might be fun to experience once.
I just came to this thread to post on this very thing. Of course I want to be safe, and would never put myself at any risk, but I really want to be able to go on my September trip just to experience Disney World in this 'environment'. I am curious. It's one thing to read and see about other's experiences. I want to see for myself.

I will say that I am looking forward to having a good trip. I have learned long ago that a Disney trip is what YOU make of it. Instead of viewing this as "I won't have fun if I have to wear a mask" I see it as "how can I have fun if I have to wear a mask?". "How can I have fun with reduced park hours?" I don't rely on Disney to give me my memories - I make them myself.

MrPromey

In relation to masks...

I’d like to think I’d go if masks were required (bc I really want to go), but I don’t think I could do it in actuality.

I would go if masks were encouraged, but not mandated. Like the current rule coming to Legoland.

You know, the thing about Legoland is it was pretty easy to keep six feet away from other guests even before all of this started.

It's simply not that busy of a park.

We've had annual passes for three of the last five years (including this year) and I've never seen any of the queue space for any of the attractions at more than maybe 30% (at most), even on holiday weekends.

Even the most popular stuff there has lines that are usually shorter than most Disney Fastpass lines.

Out of any largish attraction here in Florida, I've been thinking for a while that Legoland would probably be the safest simply because almost everything is outdoors and aside from the play areas (which will probably be kept close for the foreseeable future), it's just not hard to stay away from people there.

That said, if what happened with the WoD opening in Disney Springs is any indicator (and I believe it is), the MK will never look like Legoland in terms of crowds unless they are able to restrict attendance by a LOT... but I have serious doubts they'd be able to operate profitably at those levels.

Sometimes, I look at the lack of crowds I see at Legoland and wonder how they stay open, even.

I think the things that were to Disney's advantage before all of this (complex unique attractions, popularity, and the OCD level of planning they offered) are things that are going to hurt them now. Attractions that were justifiable to build and maintain in terms of cost were easy when they had an endless supply of guests.

Legoland's largly off-the-shelf style attractions and niche appeal (by age) now make it easier to for them to operate without significant changes.

For a while at least, if everything goes optimistically and there are no major breakouts attributed to them, the PR problem Disney will have to manage is people being ed they can't get in.

It's a weird world.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Since masks and temp checks will be mandetory at least for a few weeks, my mom found that accordingly such restrictions and total length of time for them to be active, will also be added to the "days closed" for our APs My mom doesnt like the idea of masks being mandetory, but this is JULY when they will be reopening, so why worry of social distances then ? By the middle of June all social distancing guidlines and restrictions will have bene lifted ?

I would expect masks to be mandatory for a long time, certainly beyond the summer, as will social distancing.

Kingoglow

The CDC will not lift these restrictions by July so I don't know where you are getting your information.
In lieu of direction from the Federal government, Disney is following the guidance of the CDC and then after, the state government.

Expect masks and social distancing (which might increase actually) to be in place for a long time.

Chi84

Premium Member
I just came to this thread to post on this very thing. Of course I want to be safe, and would never put myself at any risk, but I really want to be able to go on my September trip just to experience Disney World in this 'environment'. I am curious. It's one thing to read and see about other's experiences. I want to see for myself.

I will say that I am looking forward to having a good trip. I have learned long ago that a Disney trip is what YOU make of it. Instead of viewing this as "I won't have fun if I have to wear a mask" I see it as "how can I have fun if I have to wear a mask?". "How can I have fun with reduced park hours?" I don't rely on Disney to give me my memories - I make them myself.
Great attitude. What's the saying? - Something like "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom