Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

eliza61nyc

Question? Does everyone here go to wdw in the summer? because we've been many a time in November and December when it was neither hot nor humid. In fact we've gone in November where we had to go to walmart and buy coats it was so cold.
:p:D

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Question? Does everyone here go to wdw in the summer? because we've been many a time in November and December when it was neither hot nor humid. In fact we've gone in November where we had to go to walmart and buy coats it was so cold.
:p:D
Yeah...but that’s not standard.

It was 86 in the magic kingdom on 10/31 last year...it’s been 90 on Valentine’s Day.

There is literally no time a year where the case can be made that the masks are “comfortable” in the Florida climate. That’s the outlier

solidyne

Ah, well. If things are open, I’m going. Mentally, I cant stay cooped up in a house for several months. I’ll either die from depression or live from coronavirus. Between the two, I’d rather get the virus.
I'm with ya. I was just clarifying how I read the comment. Heck, my reservations are Swan June 1-6. I am now deluding myself into thinking that while "Disney" resorts are sending cancellations today, the Swan will not!

Rider

I guess my issue with masks is that requiring them makes many people feel better, but don't actually help because many people wear them improperly. Wearing masks causes people to touch their face often, and, according to doctors, once you touch the mask (as opposed to the ear pieces) the mask is basically worthless. I would be fine wearing them in public if they actually helped.... but it seems like a marketing ploy to make people feel safe.

There is evidence that they help reduce transmission when used properly. Why people won't use them or can't use them correctly in the US unfortunately gets too much into politics chat for our little Disney site. So I guess we should just agree to agree and move on. :)

solidyne

I'm with ya. I was just clarifying how I read the comment. Heck, my reservations are Swan June 1-6. I am now deluding myself into thinking that while "Disney" resorts are sending cancellations today, the Swan will not!
Haaa! Just got email from Swan...

It was fun while it lasted.

icc2515

Well, if we consider that C-19 has a mortality rate of 0.00007% in everybody under 80 and without underlying conditions, it's not much of a death wish to be completely honest.
Well seeing as there have been 82,246 deaths in the US and .00007% of that is less than 1, and I personally know of 2 people under 80 with no underlying conditions that have died I have to say that you are wrong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah, well. If things are open, I’m going. Mentally, I cant stay cooped up in a house for several months. I’ll either die from depression or live from coronavirus. Between the two, I’d rather get the virus.
1. You’ve already been cooped up for months
2. You won’t die of depression not resulting from a pre-existing condition of mental disorder by a board certified physician...more than likely.
3. With so much drama in the LBC it’s kinda hard being Snoop D-O-Double G

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well, if we consider that C-19 has a mortality rate of 0.00007% in everybody under 80 and without underlying conditions, it's not much of a death wish to be completely honest.

It's like they say in realty and retail, It's all about location, location, location. If you live in a population-dense local, your risk factor for infection is higher than those that don't irrespective of any other factors such as preexisting medical conditions, Vitamin D deficiency, etc.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's like they say in realty and retail, It's all about location, location, location. If you live in a population-dense local, your risk factor for infection is higher than those that don't irrespective of any other factors such as preexisting medical conditions, Vitamin D deficiency, etc.
Yeah...

Luckily Disney parks aren’t tightly packed and none of the customers come from cities where the majority of the world’s wealth live in...

Aka: “if you look behind that one tree you spotted, there’s like a bazillion more 😉

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yeah...

Luckily Disney parks aren’t tightly packed and none of the customers come from cities where the majority of the world’s wealth live in...

Aka: “if you look behind that one tree you spotted, there’s line a bazillion more 😉

Currently there still is a mandatory 14 day isolation/quarantine for people coming from Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, and Louisiana. I know that most folks didnt leave for other states once the cases started to grow, but sufficient did and shared the wealth of RNA goodness.

Incomudro

I would have gone to an existing booking under restrictions - for instance if the trip we had planned in April wasn't canceled.
But I wouldn't book a new trip under restrictions.
Well, depending on restrictions.
I wouldn't want to book if masks were required to be worn everywhere, all the time while walking the parks.
But, I might book if they only had to be worn in queues or on transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom