Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I understand what you're saying but your family is right there in the area...the OCD in my user name stands for obsessive, compulsive Disney (lol), but for our family of 4 to do our 7-10 day trip right from NJ, it can get close to 10K...I can't justify spending even 50% of that for a park with that many restrictions...I'm a big boy...I'll put on my big boy pants, suck it up and wait until things get VERY CLOSE to "normal". I would think that many (not all) people from other parts of the US that are further away than us would feel the same way.
Good point...I didn’t narc that out.

Orlando residents are on a completely different wavelength than the rest of the audience...

I’m a couple of grand deep into any trip as I leave for it - minimum - and that’s with DVC.

Different story when it’s $3.00 in gas and you can give up and go home when it sucks...

Lilofan

I understand what you're saying but your family is right there in the area...the OCD in my user name stands for obsessive, compulsive Disney (lol), but for our family of 4 to do our 7-10 day trip right from NJ, it can get close to 10K...I can't justify spending even 50% of that for a park with that many restrictions...I'm a big boy...I'll put on my big boy pants, suck it up and wait until things get VERY CLOSE to "normal". I would think that many (not all) people from other parts of the US that are further away than us would feel the same way.
I would rethink dropping a few thousand dollars at WDW if the parks are not fully operational. If no parades, fireworks, some areas of the parks not operating, I will pass on visiting WDW.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney will have zero issues with capacity given these absurd rules and reduction of offerings. I think we should refer to this time period as “Disney Lite.” Less calories and only half the fun!
I don’t disagree...

But that means low attendance, low satisfaction for the Cost.

If they discount based on the reductions...they’ll get high attendance.

Pretty much lose/lose

TeriofTerror

A lot of “assumptions” in there...

See above

See above above

This is a severe disconnect. Many people are assuming discounts...many others are assuming full availability...still others are assuming availability and walk ons - aka operating at a loss...

Don’t see any of those things as it stands...they don’t equate.
I agree. Disney abruptly discontinued the Free Dining offer for rebookings of canceled trips three weeks early. That tells me they aren't anxious for more bookings, at least through early fall.

CLEtoWDW

I don’t disagree...

But that means low attendance, low satisfaction for the Cost.

If they discount based on the reductions...they’ll get high attendance.

Pretty much lose/lose
I’d hate to say it but it’s probably better for Disney parks in the USA to remain closed until a “full” Disney experience would be achievable. Disney has hiked their prices several times over the last several years because their experience is second to none. The quality premium they received is completely nullified by these policies.

aliceismad

I’d hate to say it but it’s probably better for Disney parks in the USA to remain closed until a “full” Disney experience would be achievable. Disney has hiked their prices several times over the last several years because their experience is second to none. The quality premium they received is completely nullified by these policies.
I don't see anything wrong with Disney opening and perhaps catering to locals/APs for a while. If they can manage a profit, good for them, so long as it's done as safely as makes sense. If someone with an AP wants to come, ride a ride or two, buy a Mickey bar and a churro, and walk through Main Street, maybe that's enough for some people.

cjack300zx

People need to understand that these things are to make the customer "feel" safe, weather or not it's a false sense of security is very debatable. I work for a major grocery chain and we are required to wear a mask for our entire shift, its almost impossible to not touch your face while wearing the mask. You are constantly adjusting it, it will make you itch or something about the mask will be tickling your face and this is in a air-conditioned environment. We are required to wear it at all times but when people are in the backroom and not on the sales floor the first thing they do is remove their mask. Social distancing is the policy for all employees to follow and just like the masks it is on the sales floor but not so much in the backroom. Employees are required to wash their hands and clean all most touched places every 30 minutes, it doesn't happen. People are washing their hands and cleaning these high touch places a lot more than we ever did before this pandemic started but its not even close to every 30 minutes. I work at several different stores (basically where ever im needed) and some stores do a lot better job of doing these things than others do. It really depends on who the managers and how much they are pushing the policy of the company. When theses policies first rolled out we did every thing just like we were required to do and everyone was following the rules but as time went by people started to relax and fewer things were being done like they should. I have friends that work for companies that have the same policies we do and are seeing the same things at their jobs that i see. Disney will not be any different! Do you really think you are going to be safe? Disney does want its customers to be safe just like my company does but a lot is going to depend on the management in place and CM's working there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Actually...they hiked their prices on an upward spike for 10+ years because people have been in a drunk economy and fell for increasingly smaller “discounts” when it dragged a little...

Other than that...I agree with your sentiments

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't see anything wrong with Disney opening and perhaps catering to locals/APs for a while. If they can manage a profit, good for them, so long as it's done as safely as makes sense. If someone with an AP wants to come, ride a ride or two, buy a Mickey bar and a churro, and walk through Main Street, maybe that's enough for some people.
Not gonna make much profit off 20% of your market...especially the only one not locked into your property and typically don’t go crazy on merch and Disney food

Hcalvert

I agree. Disney abruptly discontinued the Free Dining offer for rebookings of canceled trips three weeks early. That tells me they aren't anxious for more bookings, at least through early fall.
I called about it on Thursday and they said that the free dining option was still available. I decided to go passholder rate instead for right now. When did you hear it was discontinued?

VaderTron

Many people did answer it with that caveat. We have actually no issue with the mask but the reduced offerings is why we cancelled our trip.

I had not heard that the resort pools would be closed

...Which must be because they don't want to provide the personnel to regulate how many are in the pool at the same time and ensure social distancing within the pool. Because honestly, with the chlorine and other chemicals in the pool, the chance of getting coronavirus from the water is exponentially lower than getting it from walking through the parks.

G00fyDad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom