Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Jimmy Thick

ImperfectPixie

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Before you make those Disney World plans, know what you're more than likely going to see:

If you think people respected the teenage cast members at Disney before this pandemic happened, then boy do I have some news for you...

Genie_naughty_whispers

But I know that for me and my family to ENJOY a trip to WDW, it's going to cost us at least $5,000. That's just how it is. It's a vacation, and while we aren't extravagant about it, we have certain standards of comfort. Motel 6, even one run by Disney, doesn't cut it.

I’ve done Disney for $1500 with a family of three, had the time of our lives. The amount one spends on a vacation does not always equate to enjoyment or the overall fulfillment of a vacation.

LittleBuford

I’ve done Disney for $1500 with a family of three, had the time of our lives. The amount one spends on a vacation does not always equate to enjoyment or the overall fulfillment of a vacation.

I think a major factor is whether one spends significant time away from the parks. As someone who does nothing at the hotel other than sleep (no midday breaks for me), I would be wasting money if I paid for even the cheapest Disney resort. I stay at one of the Disney Springs partner hotels, which offer the same perks at a much lower price.

DreamalittleDisney

It doesn't BUT flying from the UK sometimes means only certain packages and deals are available and then there is the airfare to add in to that - with us flying 9hrs to get to Orlando we generally come over for a bit longer so it quickly adds up.. we make sure we try and get the best value and shop around but it still adds up quick

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I've done it for less. I've done it for more. $5,000 seems to be about the lowest level of happy I'm good with considering what we like/expect from lodging, food, park tickets and mementos.

And, of course, that's unadjusted for Disney-level inflation, so what was $5,000 two years ago is roughly equivalent to about $3,500 ten years ago, or $6,500 in two or three years from now.

Disneyfanman

I cannot imagine going back to Disney until all of this has passed and I can get the experience that I love. That means no masks. I think it may be years before that's back and I can wait. We have a tentative family trip planned for October 2021 and we are fairly certain that we will NOT be going. I can choose where to spend my vacation. I've always been willing to pay for the full blown experience I have loved for 50 years. I'm worried that it may never be the same. It's not just Disney either. Zoos, Aquariums, museums, National Parks. I'm a member at my local zoo, my local aquarium...........We are not going to any of this stuff for awhile. We are not renewing our memberships. We will just wait all of this stuff out.

Jimmy Thick

I've done it for less. I've done it for more. $5,000 seems to be about the lowest level of happy I'm good with considering what we like/expect from lodging, food, park tickets and mementos.

And, of course, that's unadjusted for Disney-level inflation, so what was $5,000 two years ago is roughly equivalent to about $3,500 ten years ago, or $6,500 in two or three years from now.

These are current quotes for my family, four adults and two children for ten nights in December:

Untitled.png

Thats ten nights with regular tickets. So before people think one is "bragging" or "flaunting wealth" people should possibly consider one is simply paying what is due.

WondersOfLife

These are current quotes for my family, four adults and two children for ten nights in December:

View attachment 469656

Thats ten nights with regular tickets. So before people think one is "bragging" or "flaunting wealth" people should possibly consider one is simply paying what is due.
But like... do you NEED 10 days for your Disney trip to be worth it? My trips to Disney are always 4 days or less. Much more reasonable.

Giss Neric

But like... do you NEED 10 days for your Disney trip to be worth it? My trips to Disney are always 4 days or less. Much more reasonable.
Most of the people I know locally and from the UK averages 1 to 2 weeks worth of vacation. As an AP, I average a weekend to 4 days too. I believe if you go seldom or rarely you definitely need at least 10 days, with 1 to 2 days for each park, 1 for water park, 1-2 for Disney Springs. Add to that if you wanna squeeze in Universal, Sea World, Lego Land, or Busch Gardens, so that's another day or two.

I know it's not really Disney but I make space for a day to go to the outlets especially Disney Character Warehouse and International Drive.

One time during my DIsney resort stay, I took my grandparents to the Holy Land for a day and they were so happy I took them there.

Giss Neric

I voted "No" but not because I am opposed to the restrictions but rather because I will not go to the parks (or ANY large gathering place) until the culling is over. This ignorant thought process of "My freedoms are more important than your life" is too much and these people will NEVER be contained. So I figured I would avoid as much as I can for now, let them get this virus and experience Darwinism and THEN I will go to large public places after this has ravaged the silly and ignorant. ;) Sorry, but you just cannot fight this kind of willful ignorance.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
View attachment 469662
His business would suffer because of putting those signs. No one in the right mind would read that and think that it's safe to enter that establishment when they know that people have already went in and disregarded every safety protocol. Whether you believe it, on the middle or don't believe it all, no one will risk it. Very dumb of that is owner.

WondersOfLife

His business would suffer because of putting those signs. No one in the right mind would read that and think that it's safe to enter that establishment when they know that people have already went in and disregarded every safety protocol. Whether you believe it, on the middle or don't believe it all, no one will risk it. Very dumb of that is owner.
Unless the shop is in South Carolina. Everyone here doesn’t care sadly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom