Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Shanghai Disney Resort will open to guests on May 11 with a number of health measures in effect - including temperature screening, health QR codes, social distancing, face masks and advance reservations.

The resort has produced this video to show how the processes will work and what a typical day at the park will look like.

RaveOnEd

I would still go. Firstly, I love being in WDW. It's also my family's favorite place to go (including my daughter, who I thought would outgrow it, but still gets excited about going at 19 years old!)

Second, it's also a mental thing for me. It's a happy place, no matter what. It's a way for me to be out of the real world for a while, no matter what. If I need to wear a mask and do some extra precautions, I would still go.

I do not mind the restrictions, and probably would go but... the thought of that back up at the entrance at Magic Kingdom. It can be bad on a regular day. Potentially add three or four more security check points, meh..

Not to mention the longer than normal waits between rides. You think ride lines are long now? Just wait until they have to clean each ride in between uses. Oh, and masks..

I want to go and get away, I want lower crowds, but I don't know if I want it this way.

rreading

While I don't prefer wearing a mask all the time, the ones that they are showing aren't too bothersome. I have the impression that many in China will wear them in outbreaks on a routine basis, though I don't know this for sure.

If most of the rides and experiences are available, and have manageable lines, I would almost certainly go. Would I get on a plane to show up? That's trickier

MrMichaelJames

Sorry, this is not Disney. I will not go to any parks while these restrictions are in place. Gloves for some rides? Masks always? No close meetings with characters? No, never. I will not subject my kids to Disney like this. If that means we don't go for many years then we don't go. We were in Orlando for 9 nights and then a 7 night cruise when they shut everything down. We managed to get our whole Disney World trip in and then while on the cruise the word came down that we would be the last on the Fantasy and that the parks would be closing. We were extra careful about hands and keeping the kids hands off faces and washing up while in the park, but it was stressful and made the trip different. Having masks and even more restrictions would be a complete deal breaker.

Animaniac93-98

While I don't prefer wearing a mask all the time, the ones that they are showing aren't too bothersome. I have the impression that many in China will wear them in outbreaks on a routine basis, though I don't know this for sure.

There's much less of a stigma about wearing masks in public in Asia. Tokyo Disney has sold them for years. People in those countries are probably more used to wearing them when it's hot/humid outside.

robhedin

I'm not sure. Probably leaning towards going, but have concerns about how restrictions impact wait times. Assuming they're open at 1/2 capacity, if they're not able to operate everything and the attractions/rides are running at 1/2 capacity, it feels like the wait times would still be as long as normal, but the queues would be longer due to distance requirements. That would push people into outdoor queues. That makes me worry about the mask situation for 8-10-12 hours. If the wait times are as bad as now, but the other restrictions are decreasing the quality of the experience, then I question it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom