Would you splurge on a 1 bedroom villa for 2 sisters?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
My sister and I were thinking about splurging on Club Level at the Contemporary again because we had a fantastic experience summer 2019.
However with that room category so up in the air as to when it will come back and how the experience with food/drinks may be different we were looking into maybe staying at BLT instead with a theme park view. This way we still have the great view, deluxe experience, and easy access to the main building. Plus we could buy some food items from the shops to then have for breakfast.
So I was looking at the deluxe studio... it seems a tad on the small side especially coming from the main building rooms.
The bathroom is quite small with not much vanity space and no extra little privacy area to dress.
The kitchenette area seems just fine.
But then there's the bed area that seems smaller than a standard value resort and we would have to pull the couch out and probably leave it out for convenience purposes.
So... I then looked at the 1 bedroom... I love that we could each have our own bathroom as there are times that we find ourselves wishing we could both use the bathroom at the same time.
However the rest of the room actually seems like its too much for just the two of us.
We really do not need a full kitchen and eating area and it seems a bit odd to be on vacation at Disney and sleep in separate rooms... although since I do often have to yell at her about her snoring maybe we'd both sleep better....

Which would you book?
Are any of the other resort's villas more spacious in their deluxe studios or are any others more bang for your buck?

JIMINYCR

Normally I dont care about the room size because I'm not spending much time in the resort room. But theres nothing I hate more than a snoring roommate. Waking up and then trying to get back to sleep with the worry that the snoring will start up again. For my rest I'd choose the separate bedrooms. If cost isnt an issue I'm going with the option that gives me better sleep and relaxation. If you are up a lot from the snoring youll be exhausted the next day and cant enjoy the parks as much. It could also cause a rift between the two of you.

RememberWhen

The big negative that comes to mind is only having one actual bed. Personally we love having a one bedroom. The kitchen is nice if we want to reheat leftovers or make something, but the biggest plus is the washer and dryer in the room.
Are you and your sister ok sharing the bed, or will one of you actually not mind sleeping on the pull out in the living room?

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
In a word...no!
Who gets the king? Who gets the pull out?
The studios at BLT are super tiny so I would steer clear of those.
The solution might be a Poly studio. Spacious! Two bathrooms (only one toilet though). And the beautiful Polynesian grounds.
The drawback is monorail station is closed so one must walk to the TTC. However, from the DVC rooms, it is not far.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Normally I dont care about the room size because I'm not spending much time in the resort room. But theres nothing I hate more than a snoring roommate. Waking up and then trying to get back to sleep with the worry that the snoring will start up again. For my rest I'd choose the separate bedrooms. If cost isnt an issue I'm going with the option that gives me better sleep and relaxation. If you are up a lot from the snoring youll be exhausted the next day and cant enjoy the parks as much. It could also cause a rift between the two of you.

We have been on many trips together and the snoring has not caused a "rift". We do bring a fan/sound machine which helps block out the outside noise but not always the snoring. We just find we have very strange dreams because we are not getting as solid of deep sleep as we would at home. So we thought it might be nice for a change to get good quality sleep but also we do have fun comparing our nutty dreams in the morning lol.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The big negative that comes to mind is only having one actual bed. Personally we love having a one bedroom. The kitchen is nice if we want to reheat leftovers or make something, but the biggest plus is the washer and dryer in the room.
Are you and your sister ok sharing the bed, or will one of you actually not mind sleeping on the pull out in the living room?

I'd be the one on the pull out in any option we choose I'd prefer the murphy bed style but I can deal with it.
We really don't need the washer/dryer.
For us I'd say the biggest plus about the 1 bedroom would be the 2 full baths. We could get ready at the same time and not worry about rushing so the other person could get in there.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
In a word...no!
Who gets the king? Who gets the pull out?
The studios at BLT are super tiny so I would steer clear of those.
The solution might be a Poly studio. Spacious! Two bathrooms (only one toilet though). And the beautiful Polynesian grounds.
The drawback is monorail station is closed so one must walk to the TTC. However, from the DVC rooms, it is not far.

My sister gets the bed, I get the pull out.
Only 1 toilet is a big drawback compared to the 2 full bathrooms at BLT.
We do love the thought of staying at Poly though. But looking at availability for the dates we'd go doesn't look too promising.
The monorail station being closed wouldn't deter us.

**edit
I take that back about availability. There are options for standard view just not lake view.
I do also like that there is a murphy bed under the TV.

RememberWhen

My sister gets the bed, I get the pull out.
Only 1 toilet is a big drawback compared to the 2 full bathrooms at BLT.
We do love the thought of staying at Poly though. But looking at availability for the dates we'd go doesn't look too promising.
The monorail station being closed wouldn't deter us.

**edit
I take that back about availability. There are options for standard view just not lake view.
I do also like that there is a murphy bed under the TV.
I think the under TV Murphy bed is pretty small. Maybe fits a small adult, but I think is more designed for kids. It’s just a bit smaller than a twin, I think.

MikeyK72

I'd go with the BLT 1 bedroom because of the full kitchen (i.e. full-size fridge) and the washer/dryer. Like you mentioned, the 1 bedroom in BLT has 2 full baths which is wonderful (only other DVC on property that I know of that has 2 full baths in a 1 bedroom is Kidani).

My wife and I nearly always stay in a 1 bedroom; it's not too big for just 2 people in our opinion. The only time we'd stay in a studio is on a 2 or 3 day weekend trip where we'd stay at a Poly studio.

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Your feedback has really gotten me thinking now.

I'm shying away from BLT altogether especially after seeing what the pull out looks like there and at other DVC options where I would be on the old style pull out. They actually seem pretty awful lol.
I really wish Disney would upgrade every pull out with a murphy bed.

I'm also realizing how much more I could get with my money at other resorts.
Like I could literally get the treehouses at SSR for $2 more per night than the BLT 1 bedroom.
I understand location and view are the reasons for this but the more I think about it the more I wonder if trying new resorts vs staying at the same one may be a better expereince.

I think I'll stick to normal rooms as I'd really rather have 2 actual beds.
My sister has always wanted to stay at AKL in a Savanna view so that may be our next stay.
We would also like to stay at Poly but instead of DVC I think we'd go with a normal room but I'm not sure when they will be reopened.

Also I see where the ASMu family suites are in the process of a major facelift and they upgraded the pull outs to murphy beds so perhaps if we want the experience of separate rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a kitchenette we'll try there. Again not sure when that will be an option either. (I assume any resort or room category at a resort that is not currently bookable for August is because that area is not open yet?)

DisneyAubs

If you enjoyed the Club Level experience at Cont, this could be a great chance to try Club Level at another deluxe!

Also, if ASMu family suite is on your list now, I’d suggest AoA family suite instead. You’ll have access to the Skyliner, I really enjoy their food court (and Pop’s food court has a lot of good choices too), and I love the zero entry pool (the Big Blue Pool)

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If you enjoyed the Club Level experience at Cont, this could be a great chance to try Club Level at another deluxe!

Also, if ASMu family suite is on your list now, I’d suggest AoA family suite instead. You’ll have access to the Skyliner, I really enjoy their food court (and Pop’s food court has a lot of good choices too), and I love the zero entry pool (the Big Blue Pool)

Thanks. We will consider CL at other resorts :)

I don't think we'll consider AOA though. We stayed in the LM rooms once. I didn't like how dark the resort was. I also didn't care for the food court.
And while they have been updating the family suites there its been more like a slight refresh of the flooring and other small things.
I wish they would have made the pull out couch a murphy bed so you didn't have to lose the table still if you want a murphy bed. At least at Music I could use the couch murphy bed and leave the table alone.

If we stay at a skyliner resort it will be POP as that's our favorite :)

nickys

Premium Member
Your feedback has really gotten me thinking now.

I'm shying away from BLT altogether especially after seeing what the pull out looks like there and at other DVC options where I would be on the old style pull out. They actually seem pretty awful lol.
I really wish Disney would upgrade every pull out with a murphy bed.

I'm also realizing how much more I could get with my money at other resorts.
Like I could literally get the treehouses at SSR for $2 more per night than the BLT 1 bedroom.
I understand location and view are the reasons for this but the more I think about it the more I wonder if trying new resorts vs staying at the same one may be a better expereince.

I think I'll stick to normal rooms as I'd really rather have 2 actual beds.
My sister has always wanted to stay at AKL in a Savanna view so that may be our next stay.
We would also like to stay at Poly but instead of DVC I think we'd go with a normal room but I'm not sure when they will be reopened.

Also I see where the ASMu family suites are in the process of a major facelift and they upgraded the pull outs to murphy beds so perhaps if we want the experience of separate rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a kitchenette we'll try there. Again not sure when that will be an option either. (I assume any resort or room category at a resort that is not currently bookable for August is because that area is not open yet?)
Poly is taking bookings for August, although if there’s any delay you risk being moved.

CL is unlikely to be back by then IMO. Neither is Jambo likely to be open since there is no date yet for BWI or WL, both of which will open before AKL.

I know you said you’d decided against DVC but have you considered OKW or SSR. OKW is the only DVC which has two real beds in the studios and the rooms are the largest of all. SSR preferred rooms have all been redone and the 1-beds have the pull down Murphy bed in place of the pull-outs. By August many, if not all, of the standard rooms should also have been redone. Riviera also has the pull down Murphy bed in the 1-beds.

MickeyCB

Love the 2 bathrooms (and 2 toilets)!!! in BLT 1 bedrooms.
Love the balcony for coffee or sitting out at night on all of the 1 bedrooms.
The 1 bedroom at Rivera has the murphy and are beautiful rooms, but again only one potty.
As I've said way too many times, you can plan your shower but not necessarily the other. 🤣

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Love the 2 bathrooms (and 2 toilets)!!! in BLT 1 bedrooms.
Love the balcony for coffee or sitting out at night on all of the 1 bedrooms.
The 1 bedroom at Rivera has the murphy and are beautiful rooms, but again only one potty.
As I've said way too many times, you can plan your shower but not necessarily the other. 🤣

Totally agree about the bathroom situation lol.
And then it always ends up either someone is in the shower when the other really needs to go or someone is taking too long to go when the other needs to shower.
Then there's the sudden when we are about to walk out the door one of us is like oh no I have to go and then we end up leaving later than we wanted lol.
Its nice to have one per person so we can be ready to go at the same time.

EdnaMode

It would be nice if the next renovations of Contemporary's queen/queen rooms somehow creates a split bath where each side has enough space to do what people do there without monopolizing the whole washroom. Or maybe they could add a stackable w/d in the end of the washroom that normally holds the laundry hamper.

I have a lot of dreams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom