Would you rather have SSE withthe wand, or the new ride?

Little Green Men

Original Poster
I was wondering, would you prefer Spaceship Earth to STILL have the wand, and the last version of the ride, or without the wand, and with the new ride?

SDav10495

NO WAND. For the love of God, NEVER the Wand.

As disappointed as I am by reports of the new ending (even with the apparent improvement brought by the superimposed faces), and as much as I terribly miss SSE 3.0, I never, ever want to see that kitschy blight fouling up the geosphere again.

The descent of SSE 4.0, uninspired as it is, is still just a scar on an otherwise improved ride--just one ride. Having the Wand back, on the other hand, would severely foul up the entire park. Not worth it.

ssidiouss@mac.c

I was wondering, would you prefer Spaceship Earth to STILL have the wand, and the last version of the ride, or without the wand, and with the new ride?

Give me the old ride even if it means putting the wand back up. I also would like to move all the touch screens from the new spaceship earth into hall of presidents so I can fall asleep faster at my nap spot.

jt04

Still can't get over how much better SSE looks without the wand. I don't have to ride SSE when at Epcot but I do see the sphere everytime and after 25 years it is STILL an amazing site. NO WAND!

Scooter

Watching my old vacation planning videos and home made videos is making me start to miss the wand. I may have to inform the Disney people that I would like it, or something similair to it, back soon. I never thought I would miss the wand, but in retrospect, it really added a lot of Color and pizazz to Spaceship earth. Now it just sits there, all round and boring...and yes, it does just look like a big golf ball now.:cry:

JML42691

NO WAND:fork::fork::fork:
Give me the old ride even if it means putting the wand back up. I also would like to move all the touch screens from the new spaceship earth into hall of presidents so I can fall asleep faster at my nap spot.
Will you please give it up, nobody is going to give you any sympathy on this.

Fun2BFree

I'm not even too peeved about SSE 3.0 going, but the soundtrack is what I'll really miss. So magical.... so Disney.

But never the Wand. Please no. :(

haveyoumetmark

I have no idea why I am even replying to this, but here it goes...

The new ride is fine, quit whining. The wand is not, and it's gone = :).

dxwwf3

Definitely without the wand and current version. The Dench narration and bad ending will only last for about 10-15 years. The wand being gone is forever :lol:

Also MOST of the rehab is fantastic, so that also makes it a slam dunk decision for me.

Little Green Men

Original Poster
Well, I basically had no opinion, but with everybody talking, I was wondering which they'd rather have. I like the wand, and the new ride. I know, you may not agree but it's not THAT bad!

Rosenrot

Definitely without the wand, and the new ride. I do not see what is so bad about the touchscreen...really, I thought it was awesome.

And I *hated* the wand.

chaggy102

Without the wand...don't know why everybody hates the new version of SSE...personally I loved it so with that being said the ride without the horrible Wand

goofyfan13

Haven't been on the new ride yet so can't comment so far.

As far as the wand goes, definately without. Couldn't stand that ugly thing when it was up, and I smile everytime I walk by it's grave. :D

DisneyMusician2

They could make the inside a futuristic paintball gallery and I would still like it better without the wand! :rolleyes:

Disney should have had a seasonal Mickey Tears Down the Wand Party.

dpunky

I would leave out the wand, and put back the walter cronkite narration of the ride, with the theme song Tomorrow's Child.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom