Would you pay $226 for a souvenir?

Would you spend $226 on a single souvenir?

• Total voters

Driver

It is a few different aspects (at least for me). First, while there are a myriad of sabers already on the market at similar price points, those are already assembled as opposed to these being custom. It would be like going into a store and buying a pre-drawn sketch of a character as opposed to having the artist create a sketch of the character for you. Just the fact that is is "yours" makes it special. Second, many of the parts and components are unique to this experience. I don't know of a single pre-made saber that has a Rancor tooth pommel. Third, most pre-made sabers have a single color of blade. This one can be changed by swapping out the Kyber which is a cool feature. Lastly, the experience and ceremony surrounding it. Being able to take part in (and have the memories associated with) the whole creation process is a great benefit.

To me, that is what makes this experience well worth the price of admission.
Thanks for your response, another reason I asked the question is because they have Kilo Ren sabers marked down to $79.99 and I was trying to figure out why so cheap? If I remember right the regular price was over $200.

OG Runner

I would pay the $200+ for what I considered a really cool and unique souvenir. I would like to clarify that
a lightsaber would be neither of those things to me and I definitely would not pay that much.

lunchbox1175

I already bought a lightsaber, have (3) 3D printed models of myself in Star Wars garb and those were from the old Star Wars Weekends, and have numerous works of art, so i'm going to go with HELL YEAH I WOULD!

OG Runner

I already bought a lightsaber, have (3) 3D printed models of myself in Star Wars garb and those were from the old Star Wars Weekends, and have numerous works of art, so i'm going to go with HELL YEAH I WOULD!

Like I said. If it is worth it to you, go for it.

Roakor

not for a lightsaber, but its possible I would for something I was really interested in. The value of an item is not what printed on the price tag, its what someone is willing to pay for it.

lentesta

Premium Member
I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and everyone's financial situation is different.

I paid $200 to build a lightsaber on Saturday. It was a fantastic experience, even if it was 20 minutes.

I agreed in advance to give the lightsaber away, and I've gotta say, the first time it powered up my initial thought was "I need to keep this." (I didn't.) It's balanced well, like you'd expect an elegant hand weapon to be. It's weighty. It feels really good to hold.

I would definitely spend another $200 to do it again.

OG Runner

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, and everyone's financial situation is different.

I paid $200 to build a lightsaber on Saturday. It was a fantastic experience, even if it was 20 minutes.

I agreed in advance to give the lightsaber away, and I've gotta say, the first time it powered up my initial thought was "I need to keep this." (I didn't.) It's balanced well, like you'd expect an elegant hand weapon to be. It's weighty. It feels really good to hold.

I would definitely spend another $200 to do it again.

Welcome back to the Light Side!

MGMBoy

I'm hoping to have enough saved by our trip in January to be able to help my son build a droid, let him pick out one for me and still be able to build a lightsaber. Have a "Star Wars" jar for loose change and singles. :)

HouCuseChickie

I think it all boils down to your interests, preferences and your budget. For some people, getting a pricey souvenir isn't their vacation norm. It may be a budget thing, it may be a personal thing, it may be a bit of both. I mean, I know plenty of people who limit vacation souvenirs to very modest amounts because they feel souvenirs should be nothing more than trinkets or t-shirts. Other people may go in wanting something bigger or are willing to spend more if they see something they deem to be really special...which is totally subjective. It may not be a lightsaber for me, but purses, art and jewelry (just to name a few) might sway me to part with more $, and bonus points if I can't get it outside of the Disney parks/resorts.

trainplane3

Yep, I'm already planning on it and Ahsoka's sabers as well. I was surprised it was that "cheap"...for lack of a better word. I usually spend like $400 in the Art of Disney store in a single trip but that's usually for just one picture. I'm also the kind of nerd that dumps $500 in a Lego store and $700+ on a graphics card without even thinking about it. Let's see if I can beat my record from what would be the final season for Star Wars Weekends...

I'll pass on the "build a droid" experience just because they look cheap, personally. It looks like fun though.

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I know people that spend their money on stuff that is wasteful in my eyes but it's their money, and if it makes them happy, let them do it. I'm sure they think the same of me :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom