Would you or wouldn't you go to opening day of Pandora?

MySmallWorldof4

For my family's upcoming May trip, our leave day is May 27th but we are driving and can leave in the late afternoon. AK has EMH that morning. We have never been to an opening of any park or new land before. I am wondering if it is worth going with all the crowds. Should we just skip it and go to MK or EPCOT which would hopefully be emptier.

Jess G

that's a tough call... I want to say that I wouldn't be caught dead around pandora on opening day but I also think it's worth a try... do you have park hopper? I think I would go for morning EMH and depending on if things are nuts or not I would either stay or head to another park. Will you be visiting again any time soon?

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
that's a tough call... I want to say that I wouldn't be caught dead around pandora on opening day but I also think it's worth a try... do you have park hopper? I think I would go for morning EMH and depending on if things are nuts or not I would either stay or head to another park. Will you be visiting again any time soon?
We are planning on celebrating our DD's 16th bday in the middle of July, but crowds are crazy then also.

Upvote 0

rufio

I live here and I have zero plans to go there on opening day. I also don't go on Christmas or New Years! I'll probably be heading over the week after it opens or so.

Upvote 0

Po'Rich

As luck has it, we're going to be at WDW at that time...and the 27th is one of our scheduled AK days. We even have a tour booked for that morning. Since we leave on the 28th and won't be back until 2019 at the earliest, we're going to chance it. Honestly, I'm hoping that they'll have a soft opening so we'll be able to see much of the land earlier in the week.

Upvote 0

MySmallWorldof4

Original Poster
As luck has it, we're going to be at WDW at that time...and the 27th is one of our scheduled AK days. We even have a tour booked for that morning. Since we leave on the 28th and won't be back until 2019 at the earliest, we're going to chance it. Honestly, I'm hoping that they'll have a soft opening so we'll be able to see much of the land earlier in the week.
We are going to be there on Monday for EMH on the 22nd and am hoping for a soft opening on that day.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

I wouldn't plan to do it in advance, but if I discovered that it was opening on my departure date as you did, I'd definitely give it a shot. I'd get there well before early EMH, see as much as possible before the crowds got unbearable then take off.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom