Would You Like To See The Cars Land Sci-fi Drive-In Be Resurrected?

Would You Like To See The Cars Land Sci-fi Drive-In Be Resurrected?

• Total voters

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Castle parks are themed to American culture and history, just romanticized. If you want a parallel to a castle park, then you want DCA. It can span from desert to forested frontier to beachside to big city to small town to farm and so on. California is incredibly diverse with rich history. It is by no means a limiting theme.
We'll just not see eye-to-eye on this, and that is ok. You love CA and there is no shame in that. I love the state that I've had a home in my whole life as well. I just don't want a theme park themed after it. I'd rather go visit the real thing. You feel different and that is cool with me.

TROR

We'll just not see eye-to-eye on this, and that is ok. You love CA and there is no shame in that. I love the state that I've had a home in my whole life as well. I just don't want a theme park themed after it. I'd rather go visit the real thing. You feel different and that is cool with me.
Is this how you feel about Main Street USA or New Orleans Square? I'm assuming no. If that's the case, I fail to understand why you're against an equally factious and equally romantic midcentury small town in California.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is this how you feel about Main Street USA or New Orleans Square? I'm assuming no. If that's the case, I fail to understand why you're against an equally factious and equally romantic midcentury small town in California.
Because I've lived in one of those very midcentury small towns in CA. And sorry but I have no romantic feelings toward it what so ever. So why would I want a theme park I visit to have a similar representation of a place that I don't have romantic feelings toward. I go to a theme park to get away from those feelings, not be reminded of them.

mickEblu

My problem with that is, most Californians don't care about the midcentury car culture in California anymore. You either lived it and will laugh at the attempt to try and capture what it was in a theme park, or you were born after it and don't really care. Its the same reason why most Californians don't care about a park dedicated to a state they already live in.

I’m born after it but wish I was born in it. So I care

mickEblu

I would love to see a Land based on a romanticized view of the 50s. Classic cars. Diners. 50’s music. I guess Cars Land is a cartoon version of that. But I’d feel more of an emotional connection if I felt like I was in Back to the Future or Grease as opposed to Radiator Springs.

Kiwiduck

The Sci-Fi Dine Drive In is one of my favourite restaurants at WDW despite its mediocre to awful food. I would love to see it at DCA (hopefully with better food).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I’m born after it but wish I was born in it. So I care

That is good for you. But my opinion is you're still in the minority.

Cars Land basically provides the car culture nostalgia just wrapped in an IP. As I said before Cars in my opinion is this generations version of American Graffiti, and its no surprise that it was done by the same company founded by Lucas. Although one could say that Fast and Furious is a different side of that coin, however that is another discussion all together. But I personally just don't see much desire for it beyond that for 50s car culture, and really no desire for a generic 50s small town in CA land in a Disney Park. If we start seeing a revival of 50s greaser movies glorifying the car culture of that time period again then I might change my mind. But if they really wanted to do that this should have been done in the 70s and 80s when Grease and Back to the Future was popular, both IPs of which you brought up in your other post.

socalifornian

Cars Land basically provides the car culture nostalgia just wrapped in an IP. As I said before Cars in my opinion is this generations version of American Graffiti, and its no surprise that it was done by the same company founded by Lucas. Although one could say that Fast and Furious is a different side of that coin, however that is another discussion all together. But I personally just don't see much desire for it beyond that for 50s car culture, and really no desire for a generic 50s small town in CA land in a Disney Park. If we start seeing a revival of 50s greaser movies glorifying the car culture of that time period again then I might change my mind. But if they really wanted to do that this should have been done in the 70s and 80s when Grease and Back to the Future was popular, both IPs of which you brought up in your other post.
Mid century car culture is the best
B1D299AB-7BE6-4C01-9D17-A4C8D4A900C2.gif

lazyboy97o

Themed entertainment is not subservient to film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom