Would you like an animation restaurant in DHS?

Figment632

Original Poster
I was watching a DVD about Disney Cruise line and they have an animation style restaurant, where the walls change while you eat. It looks like characters aredrawing on the wall while you eat.

I think this would be great addition to the animation area in DHS!

sarabi

I think that would be a great idea and something not too hard to implement, since they've got the design down from the Cruises... and well placed at DHS. The important thing, though, is the food needs to be good. There are really no decent dining options at DHS, in my opinion. There's a lot of novelty restaurants, but with diner standard food. Let's get an upperscale restaurant over at DHS, and stick a counter service window in it too while we're at it because ABC commisary doesn't cut it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I think that the The Brown Derby is a bit above diner standard. :shrug:

After one of the worst meals we ever had at Disney we've never gone back to find out if things have improved. Besides theres plenty on offer just a boat ride or short walk away.

pilka214

i have to throw in that the 50's prime time cafe is easily the best place in teh park to eat (if you can get in) the food is excellent.

But a new animation restaurant would be AWESOME!!

djpoore94

I saw the thing about that restaurant too and thought it looked awesome. I would love to have something like that at DHS!

btk2333

that dining room was my favorite part of my Disney Cruise, I would definitely like to see something like that at DHS

To the poster who hadn't gone back to the Brown Derby, give it a chance its quality, not worth the 2 DDP table services, but still a good restaurant.

DizneyPryncess

That's awesome! I've never seen that before - never been on the Disney cruise. That would be a great addition to Hollywood Studios! I'm a big fan of really unique dining experiences.

gettingsmaller

I'm not saying that it couldn't be done a little differently, but the "catch" when you compare it to the cruise is that everyone is starting their meal experience at roughly the same time on a cruise vs. varied starting times at the park.
You couldn't start in black and white at the beginning and transition to color as the meal progresses because you'd have all these different start times.

That doesn't exclude the possibility of an animation-themed restaurant (sounds cool), but it wouldn't be able to follow the same model as the cruise line... (I don't THINK... but, then, what do I know?)

Figment632

Original Poster
I'm not saying that it couldn't be done a little differently, but the "catch" when you compare it to the cruise is that everyone is starting their meal experience at roughly the same time on a cruise vs. varied starting times at the park.
You couldn't start in black and white at the beginning and transition to color as the meal progresses because you'd have all these different start times.

That doesn't exclude the possibility of an animation-themed restaurant (sounds cool), but it wouldn't be able to follow the same model as the cruise line... (I don't THINK... but, then, what do I know?)

You could just make the transitions faster.

PaisleyMF

It can be cool if you can actually use projection into the room.

Here is my take, There some technology design by Microsoft that captures the movements on a table, Just imagine using that as part of the experience and every time you can get a new person that area can be "started" from scratch. It can be the cue line of Soarin' meets MiLF.

Does that makes sense?

microsoft_surface.jpg

microsoft-surface-computing_large.jpg

Just imagine having the menus, and as you wait you can create your own art, painted, and maybe even have a print at the end. Have that same image around the restaurant projected as you eat...

By the way is called Microsoft Surface

wolf359

I think almost any additional dining would be great for DHS. But an animation-themed restaurant seems like such an obvious choice, I'm a little surprised they don't already have something already. I agree the logistics would probably mean they couldn't do an exact recreation of what is offered on Disney Cruise Line, but something in that same general spirit and basic execution would be a perfect fit.

I like the Brown Derby, but the menu doesn't have enough variety to keep me coming back again and again, and I also like 50s Prime Time, but I always have a hard time getting in when I want to. And since I think the rest of the dining options at DHS are either unappealing or completely forgettable I find myself planning to be in a different park during meal times quite often.

A new, interesting restaurant would certainly pique my interest, and it would also make it easier to get reservations in the other restaurants as well. One new restaurant = two problems solved!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom