Would you go 9/10-9/15/2023 or 10/22-10/27/2023?

MadderAdder

Howdy! I am planning my first trip back to WDW after 10+ years and, for my partner, it's been 15+ years. We’re turning thirty next year! We probably won't go back for another ten years.... so planning is both really fun and a little stressful! Just wondering, hoping to seek some good advice, on when to plan for? Early September will be warmer, but I worry about rain. Late October seems like the winner...? We are definitely spooky Halloween people. We're budgeting for on-site value (all stars), and these 5 night stays in 2023 come out to about $897/$867 respectively. We will fly in, and don't drive, so we think the extra money makes sense for on-site, despite looking at DSprings resorts like Wyndham & B, with their resort fees & longer inner-transport times…. Thanks! 👻

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Howdy! I am planning my first trip back to WDW after 10+ years and, for my partner, it's been 15+ years. We’re turning thirty next year! We probably won't go back for another ten years.... so planning is both really fun and a little stressful! Just wondering, hoping to seek some good advice, on when to plan for? Early September will be warmer, but I worry about rain. Late October seems like the winner...? We are definitely spooky Halloween people. We're budgeting for on-site value (all stars), and these 5 night stays in 2023 come out to about $897/$867 respectively. We will fly in, and don't drive, so we think the extra money makes sense for on-site, despite looking at DSprings resorts like Wyndham & B, with their resort fees & longer inner-transport times…. Thanks! 👻
You are correct, but I would say much HOTTER in September, not just a few degrees. The flip side of this will be the crowd levels will be much lower also. The rain will definitely plentiful and it is the peak of hurricane season. Unless the next to nothing wait times will sway you, go for October. The Halloween parties should be running for both dates.

Upvote 0

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
06E3E0E4-3181-48EC-955F-5198D80A7F74.jpeg
30EDC723-E4E7-47F4-9FAD-72830E11BC87.jpeg
542F773B-4E04-4D74-8F8B-C24DAA4A88A8.jpeg
A3BDEAC8-A1A6-4F03-9B44-A2263F8B73EC.jpeg

Yes that 6 weeks in between makes a big difference. We don’t enjoy the parks as much in Sept when the heat, rain, storms and humidity can feel relentless. That’s part of why it isn’t crowded. To me it’s not worth the trade off. Late Oct is so much nicer!

Upvote 0

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I agree onsite is the way to do WDW. The refurbished value rooms came out sweet. Pop is great for the skyliner access. It’s a bit more $ but if you can find a deal on Expedia or somewhere that brings it closer to All Stars prices, I’d jump on it.

Offsite works for large parties where they can save a ton. For a regular room the price difference is so slim it’s not worth the inconveniences. Many times I’ve priced out offsite rooms and by the time we added in resort fees and transportation costs they didn’t save anything. Can’t beat the system onsite. I love staying in the bubble the whole time. We make a quick stop to Walgreens on the way in from the airport for case of water, snacks, bread, etc and whatever else like sunscreen, razor or the toothbrush we forgot lol. Then we drive under the Welcome to Mickey sign and stay put :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom