Would you give up Happily Ever After for a light Parade?

thomas998

If someone gave me the option to have a full length Light Parade preferably Spectromagic but they had to scale the firework show all the way back to the 5 minute Fantasy in the sky on select nights I'd take that up.
How about simply giving up all the day time parades for one night time parade... I don't think I can remember the last time I was even willing to waste my time on a daytime parade.

thomas998

I really don't care for parades. Never understood why people want to sit in the hot sun for an hour with nothing to do. Constantly fight for your space. Then to see part of a song performed as they walk buy or floats that you have seen over and over. Fireworks!

You do realize that "light parades" happen at night when there is no hot sun to sit under right? I agree with not wanting to sit in the hot sun for a parade or anything else for that matter... of course I'm also not sure about their being a big difference between a light parade and fireworks when it comes to something you've seen over and over. I've seen the fireworks so many times I could stand there and tell you what was going to come next and point you in the right direction to see that next shot.... so honestly if repetition is a problem the fireworks are as bad as the parades, probably a little worse since the fireworks are all planned and sequenced out the exact same way for every show in the parade you might actually get a slightly different reaction from someone in the parade.

thomas998

I would cancel my annual pass if they decided to give us a piece of garbage like Fantasy in the Sky or Wishes over HEA. It still infuriates me there are fools who think those two shows are definitions of good. I would rather never have a nighttime parade again if it means ICONIC nighttime shows like HEA.
Then if you ever go out to DL you should check the schedules in advance because at DL they have been doing a certain nights only for fireworks for a very long time.... frankly it kind of makes it more special when they happen because of that instead of the every night like clockwork.

graphite1326

You do realize that "light parades" happen at night when there is no hot sun to sit under right? I agree with not wanting to sit in the hot sun for a parade or anything else for that matter... of course I'm also not sure about their being a big difference between a light parade and fireworks when it comes to something you've seen over and over. I've seen the fireworks so many times I could stand there and tell you what was going to come next and point you in the right direction to see that next shot.... so honestly if repetition is a problem the fireworks are as bad as the parades, probably a little worse since the fireworks are all planned and sequenced out the exact same way for every show in the parade you might actually get a slightly different reaction from someone in the parade.
I was speaking of parades in general. But yes I did realize it was at night. I watched it once and that was enough.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
How about simply giving up all the day time parades for one night time parade... I don't think I can remember the last time I was even willing to waste my time on a daytime parade.
Daytime parades are useless I agree. Use that budget for a kick butt nighttime parade. Spectromagic probably consisted the staffing of Festival of Fantasy and Paint the Night combine, probably a larger reason why it's no longer around. We all know if it came back there would be some stuff missing and it would be released as an improved refreshed Specteomagic.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Remember when there was a daytime parade at 3 parks (MK, DHS, AK) plus 3 different regular nighttime shows (MK, Epcot, DHS)? Ah, the good ol' days of 2010... ;) (I'm just spitballin' the year, BTW)

thomas998

You can include all of the parks and it's still just one.
Then I'm glad they've gotten rid of the ones they used to have, I remember having a terrible time trying to get around one at AK in the past and just assumed I was lucky that I never got trapped by any on the last trips we've done. I guess now the only one that will ever bother us is the one at MK. Things are looking up and I didn't even know it.

Surfin' Tuna

Then if you ever go out to DL you should check the schedules in advance because at DL they have been doing a certain nights only for fireworks for a very long time.... frankly it kind of makes it more special when they happen because of that instead of the every night like clockwork.
Is this true? We were planning on heading back out there soon. I did not know this was happening, and they should be embarrassed. Nightly fireworks are part of what makes it special. They just keep taking more and more and more away. It's awful.

yensidtlaw1969

Is this true? We were planning on heading back out there soon. I did not know this was happening, and they should be embarrassed. Nightly fireworks are part of what makes it special. They just keep taking more and more and more away. It's awful.
Disneyland is different in this regard because of how tightly integrated it is into the city of Anaheim. They have to comply with more than their desire to show fireworks every night in order for the city to function.

It's not like fireworks are a rarity in DL, but it's true that they're not every single night.

thomas998

Has certainly been the case when we've hit DL instead of WDW the past few years. We generally did DL in the fall so we could see the Halloween party and it always had fireworks.... but on other nights they would sometimes be completely free of any fireworks. I understand that in the future they are supposed to do a new light show called Mickey Mix Magic every night during peak parts of the season but it is only going to include fireworks on weekends. So if you want fireworks at DL you might want to make sure to check their schedule to verify you won't be disappointed.

thomas998

Disneyland is different in this regard because of how tightly integrated it is into the city of Anaheim. They have to comply with more than their desire to show fireworks every night in order for the city to function.

It's not like fireworks are a rarity in DL, but it's true that they're not every single night.
Not so sure its all because of Anaheim and not just because they are trying to save money. When I was a kid and we went to DL they always had fireworks or we were just lucky that they always did when we were there. I have a feeling it has more to do with them thinking that during parts of the week when crowds tend to be the lowest they feel they can just cheapen things. It wouldn't surprise me if they believed that they could just placate guests with the boring World of Color water show on nights when you couldn't get fireworks as for some reason it seems to still be very popular though I have no clue why, it was mildly entertaining the first time we saw it but after that it is really kind of boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom