Would you be opposed to seeing The Toontown Neighborhood District be replaced?

Would you be opposed to seeing The Toontown Neighborhood District be replaced?

• Total voters

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster
I'm only asking for opinions on removing the west side of Toontown (the neighborhood district) and not the east side of Toontown (downtown Toontown).

D.Silentu

I say replace it. I think it's a wonder that the land has hung on so long after all of its features were gradually chipped away, leaving only Gadget's coaster and Roger Rabbit. It might be wise to cut the land in half, adding buildings to seal off the paths to the western side, leaving the area with Roger Rabbit and eventually the Mickey ride. The former neighborhoods would be ideal for Fantasyland expansion, acessable through the theater which could also be removed, providing further room for Fantasyland. Naturally, a new tunnel under the railroad tracks would be needed.

All of these thoughts assume that, aside from the new Mickey ride, Toontown will remain untouched. It has been underutalized space for too long and if there are no plans for it beyond the ride, then the area can certainly be put to better use.

Last edited:

mickEblu

My vote is really a mix of two choices. I think the general look of the residential area is fine but I wouldn’t mind if anything Outside of Mickey and Minnie’s houses were replaced. I went with “it’s fine” though because I’m not sure what you could fit in that small area that would be worth replacing what’s there currently. I think what I really want is what’s there currently to be upgraded. Make Goofys House interactive and relevant. Gadgets is fine (and I like the theming) even though nobody knows who she is. Not sure what they could do with the treehouse that the lawyers would allow. Donald’s boat can go.

mickEblu

I say replace it. I think it's a wonder that the land has hung on so long after all of its features were gradually chipped away, leaving only Gadget's coaster and Roger Rabbit. It might be wise to cut the land in half, adding buildings to seal off the paths to the western side, leaving the area with Roger Rabbit and eventually the Mickey ride. The former neighborhoods would be ideal for Fantasyland expansion, acessable through the theater which could also be removed, providing further room for Fantasyland. Naturally, a new tunnel under the railroad tracks would be needed.

All of these thoughts assume that, aside from the new Mickey ride, Toontown will remain untouched. It has been underutalized space for too long and if there are no plans for it beyond the ride, then the area can certainly be put to better use.

This would make for a super small and awkward Toontown layout in the middle of a giant Fantasyland. Im not sure whatever they could fit into that space would even be worth the hassle when you consider how it it would make Toontown less relevant and create an awkward dead end. It doesn’t really make a lot sense to add an E ticket to a land and then ax the land in half. To me this idea only really makes sense if Mickey wasn’t coming and they were hell bent on keeping Roger for capacity reasons.

I think there’s plenty of room for an FL expansion with the FL theatre, motorboat cruise area and part of Autopia and I’m all for it.

Robbiem

I’d love to see a revamp of toontown. The concept has a lot of potential but is treated as a kiddie playground land. Up the theming and put in some great family friendly attractions and you could have a more family friendly galaxy’s edge

CJR

I think it should stay "Toontown" but I'd love to see it reinvented so to speak. It's moved so far from the original vision for the land and what's there now doesn't really work the way it was envisioned. The tree house, the old ball pit, all of that isn't serving their purposes. I'd love to see the same theme, completely reinvented for the 21st century. It's sad knowing that kids today walk by all these covered up or poorly/cheaply replaced effects. If they were to put money into it though, I'd like to see things that are designed more to include the whole family.

Rich T

I wouldn't miss that side of Toontown at all. The whole plastic-looking "toon" building/prop style has run its course and had its day; the Roger corner is more than enough representation. The Mickey meet and greet can be done anywhere, and the toony queue through Mickey's house feels more and more like a grubby Chuck E. Cheese with each passing season. And Gadget's can leave now--as much as I love the Rescue Rangers nod, that area desperately needs a ride with higher capacity.

BrianLo

This would make for a super small and awkward Toontown layout in the middle of a giant Fantasyland. Im not sure whatever they could fit into that space would even be worth the hassle when you consider how it it would make Toontown less relevant and create an awkward dead end. It doesn’t really make a lot sense to add an E ticket to a land and then ax the land in half. To me this idea only really makes sense if Mickey wasn’t coming and they were hell bent on keeping Roger for capacity reasons.

I think there’s plenty of room for an FL expansion with the FL theatre, motorboat cruise area and part of Autopia and I’m all for it.

I think the thought would be the entire western half would be indoors and a semi-contiguous show building with the Wonderbra Plot. Meaning you’d have an alternative way of going under the track and thus create a proper loop.

—-

I do wonder if they enclosed the western half if they could keep the eastern open during fireworks. The Eastern bits of Toontown are about as far away as the most western bits of SW:GE.

BrianLo

The 'other' option is simply building an indoor theatre in the Western flanks. Something akin to Mickey and the Magician/Golden Dreams/the new TDL Fantasyland theatre. That would be something that is not a big deal to close off come fireworks time as they tend to only run those shows during daytime anyways.

Yes it's just a Wonderbra replacement, but that's a pretty garbage facility for that type of show. Most other resorts have their equivalent enclosed.

mickEblu

I think the thought would be the entire western half would be indoors and a semi-contiguous show building with the Wonderbra Plot. Meaning you’d have an alternative way of going under the track and thus create a proper loop.

—-

I do wonder if they enclosed the western half if they could keep the eastern open during fireworks. The Eastern bits of Toontown are about as far away as the most western bits of SW:GE.

Right, I understood that. What I was trying to say was is there is so much other room for an FL expansion without making Toontown some awkward Mini “land.” I also find it a futile discussion considering the rumor of a brand new E ticket coming to the land. It would be a strange time to finally get rid of Toontown, even partially.

For capacity reasons it does make sense of course but the FL theatre is such a huge chunk of space that even on its own I imagine could host a nice attraction.

Last edited:

Frontierland's Finest

My ideal Toontown would have Mickey's house. Mickey's house would have a M&G for Mickey and Minnie. I would also have Towntown City Hall and that would have Goofy, Donald, Daisy, and Pluto M&G. The main attraction would be Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. The Fantasyland Theater would be included into Towntown and would be renamed to fit in Toontown. Roger Rabbit would be moved to DCA or Hollywood Studios in Florida. I would get rid of Gadget Go Coaster and Chip and Dale's Treehouse would be gone. A character dining experience would be somewhere in there.

Basically, I would put more effort to highlight the Fab Five.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
My ideal Toontown would have Mickey's house. Mickey's house would have a M&G for Mickey and Minnie. I would also have Towntown City Hall and that would have Goofy, Donald, Daisy, and Pluto M&G. The main attraction would be Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. The Fantasyland Theater would be included into Towntown and would be renamed to fit in Toontown. Roger Rabbit would be moved to DCA or Hollywood Studios in Florida. I would get rid of Gadget Go Coaster and Chip and Dale's Treehouse would be gone. A character dining experience would be somewhere in there.

Basically, I would put more effort to highlight the Fab Five.

You can't have Mickey and Minnie in the same house... :eek: Think of the gossip! :jawdrop:

D.Silentu

The way it seems to me, Toontown couldn't possibly be less relevant. The only things worth visiting are Roger Rabbit and potentially the Mickey ride. If the land does not see a refurbishment, I don't see that there's anything worth saving. I'm interested in what parts of it you would consider a loss.

mickEblu

The way I see it, Toontown couldn't possibly be less relevant. The only things worth visiting are Roger Rabbit and eventually the Mickey ride. If the land does not see a refurbishment, I don't think there's anything worth saving. I'm interested in what parts of it you would consider a loss.

None of it outside of Roger would be a major loss for me personally. But cutting a land in half due to receive an E ticket makes no sense as far as place making etc. If MMRR is coming to Toontown that legitimizes it enough, especially with Roger there. It would be like extending NOS to Main Street in 1994 but leaving a little Adventureland alcove for Indiana Jones. (I understand that the Jungle Cruise is way more relevant than what would be lost in Toontown).

Ideally the land would get a nice fresh paint job with some interactivity upgrades for some of the duller attractions like Goofys House and Donald’s boat and more motion/ energy throughout the land. I don’t think the attractions need to go. I think the need to be upgraded to complement the addition of MMRR.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom