Would this Dress work for animal kingdom?

jellyfishprincess

Original Poster
I want to wear a dress at animal kingdom, I own this one. However I don't know if it's too formal or too long for the park? I will be going in July, what do you think? It's very light weight, but not sure what be like at the park in July? What do you think?

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.370820682_306o.jpg
    il_fullxfull.370820682_306o.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 353

MaryJaneP

We also think the style is appropriate. We would decide based upon the weather forecast we got the night before as things do change and we think flexibility to adjust based upon conditions expected is best.

Schneewittchen

I understand the ladies in the Disneyland social clubs dress for the parks - up-dos, full makeup, heels, cocktail dresses.

Anyway, wear whatever you want. But that dress would be perfect for an evening out at the Poly.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
That's very pretty! It looks kind of hot and formal to me though, but if you'll feel comfortable go for it. I always wear dresses and wedges in the parks but I tend to go for knee length more casual sundresses. Personally, though it is lovely, I would feel conspicuous in that dress in a park during the day. I'd save it for going out to dinner.

JIMINYCR

You describe it as lightweight but how tight fitting is it? On a hot humid summer day at AK it might be uncomfortable. I'd suggest wearing it at home on a hot day in June prior to your trip and see how it feels then make the call.

KLeigh

I agree with some of the others who think this dress is more appropriate for a night out in Disney Springs, not a day in AK.

You already know it's going to be hot and humid, but with all the vegetation in this particular park, AK tends to be even hotter and more humid. Do you have a cute sundress you could wear instead? (That's all I'm bringing on my September trip.)

This is a problem I have with when I wear dresses in the parks, but I SWEAT like crazy in the thigh area and end up with a lot of chafing and a solid rash. I've had to rent a wheelchair because I ended up with such a bad rash that I couldn't walk. Just keep your thighs dry if you end up with a dress!

DfromATX

This is a problem I have with when I wear dresses in the parks, but I SWEAT like crazy in the thigh area and end up with a lot of chafing and a solid rash. I've had to rent a wheelchair because I ended up with such a bad rash that I couldn't walk. Just keep your thighs dry if you end up with a dress!

I was thinking that, but I didn't want to say it LOL!! I admire you for admitting that! :)

KLeigh

I wear nike "pro dri" athletic shorts under my dresses and skirts, and use runner's body glide to prevent chaffing - it's a life saver!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom