Would it be in Disney's best interest to clone Toy Story Mania right next door?

Rasvar

I'm not sure the physical space exists in that area to clone it. I'm pretty sure if you took out what was left of the space in the sound stages, there is not enough space to duplicate a full second track You would almost have to take out some of the backstage tour building structures to shoehorn a full duplicate track in.

wdwfan4ver

Remove Fastpass from TSMM completely.

Build E-ticket where Indy is.

Problem solved.

It doesn't solve the problem. E ticket attractions now days are attractions that not every can be on. At one time I would agree with an E-ticket, but that is a different era because E-ticket attractions mean some type a thrill ride in most cases. That is one of the reasons for Toy Midway Mania is so busy besides low capacity.

Even Soarin' as an E-ticket isn't made for everyone because of motion sickness or air sickness or Star Tours for the matter. The problems with E-ticket attractions that come out seem to be one of the following issues: height restrictions, afraid of heights, or existing medical issues that the person is aware of rather it be motion sickness, back problems, heart issues, or any other type of medical issue that would prevent the person being an E-ticket ride and I don't mean being fat. E-tickets attraction draw a lot of people, but at the same time it does not fix the problem with Toy Story Midway Mania in this case. The only thing an E-ticket attraction would do is give thrill ride people another attraction to go one, but wouldn't help out people who can't do thing thrill rides for one reason or another.

If you take away the fastpass, the lines for the attraction actually would be longer be longer than they already are for stand by because the ride attractions that every one a family can be one. Some of the attractions DHS has for the entire family have problems such as Backlot Tour. That attraction might as well be get a ride for an expansion for Pixar Place because of how poor of an attraction Backlot Tour became in time because of what Disney did with it.

The only it can work without fastpass is if you add a ride that isn't a E-ticket by using the buildings of Sounds Dangerous and American Idol Experience for using it for 1 C-ticket ride attraction.

AEfx

I think star tour has a certain type of rider too. I can handle any rollercoaster on the planet, but I cant handle simulators like Star Tours. Even the green mission at mission space gets me queezy.

Side note - have you tried it post-update?

I too have some similar issues - Body Wars just did me in every time. Star Tours I had to make sure to sit up front before.

After the update, I can sit anywhere on ST and don't feel a thing. Not even a twinge. The sync with the film is much better now, eliminating all those feelings I had. It may not do the same for you, but I encourage you try it at least once and see if the same holds true.

AEfx

No idea what the official numbers are but everything I have heard put it in a less that satisfactory category.

It amazes me they have such capacity issues on this ride. I mean, how expensive would it be to have increased capacity when it was building? They cheaped out on everything with the video screen stuff, the least they could have done was make sure it had a large capacity.

Even Soarin' as an E-ticket isn't made for everyone because of motion sickness or air sickness or Star Tours for the matter. The problems with E-ticket attractions that come out seem to be one of the following issues: height restrictions, afraid of heights, or existing medical issues that the person is aware of rather it be motion sickness, back problems, heart issues, or any other type of medical issue that would prevent the person being an E-ticket ride and I don't mean being fat. E-tickets attraction draw a lot of people, but at the same time it does not fix the problem with Toy Story Midway Mania in this case. The only thing an E-ticket attraction would do is give thrill ride people another attraction to go one, but wouldn't help out people who can't do thing thrill rides for one reason or another.

In regards to Soarin, in my opinion the wait time for that ride are so outstanding because the ride system is accommodating to people who do have motion sickness. I have a parent who refuses to ride most rides because of motion sickness (including: Splash, Space, BTMRR, Space, Maelstrom, Pirates [hill], Kali, Kilmanjaro Safari). My parent misses out on most experiences that we all do, yet soarin is the ride we all do together (with a thrill) and enjoy.

I say no to a second Toy Story...what would they call it " Toy Story Mania the 2nd".. I dono it doesn't seem quite right to me. I think the lines have a lot to do with that its pretty much the lone E-ticket ride with no height limitation in DHS. I also am not sure how I feel about Pixarland but I would agree a few more attractions are necessary.

Banksy

No, just add more rides! Plus, it depends what time you go. Sometimes its empty abd you get straight on, others you dont.

parkmonky

It seems like it would solve a great deal of issues that DHS has been dealing with.

1. Hard deadlines on Fastpasses.
2. Soft park openings.
3. Disgruntled guests that don't get Fastpasses.
4. 75+ minute waits most of the time.
5. I am sure most guests would love to ride the attraction 2-5x a day if they could.
6. Ride already designed.
7. Could finally close the backlot tour and pave way for Pixarland.

I really have a hard time finding a downside to this idea.

IMO that would be a waste of money. But take your idea and replace a copy TSMM, and build something new, but equally as awesome. draw people to that too, and it will in turn lower the wait time at tsmm.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
IMO that would be a waste of money. But take your idea and replace a copy TSMM, and build something new, but equally as awesome. draw people to that too, and it will in turn lower the wait time at tsmm.

I just don't see how this would lessen the demand for the the current attraction. At all.

Is it the only attraction that has never seen walk on lines?

I have never seen a time where waits are less than 20 minutes. Even at close. On late nights.

Again- how many guests would love riding this attraction 3+ times a day?

Even doubling the ride capacity would only lessen the wait times by 25-30%.

Seriously. How many guests would be more inclined to line up with a 30 minute wait instead of a 75 minute wait. The lines would still stay over 40 minutes.

I would think, at best, doubling capacity would see lines times cut by 1/3.

Especially with visitors that visit only rarely. They would lavish at the opportunity to ride multiple times.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Jimbo... It's Fastpass that makes the crazy lines. The THO, line sizes and load /unload design were all created for Standby only.

chrissyw14

If it wasn't exactly the same I think people would be tempted to ride both rather than just choose one. Then we would end up with two neighboring rides with long wait times (and possibly make Pixar Place even more crowded).

It would be interesting to see how the FASTPASS® worked out in that scenario, though.

I get that but i was having trouble justifying the same exact attraction so i was thinking if there were different variations it could still cut the crowd cause they would ride one and then the other

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Jimbo... It's Fastpass that makes the crazy lines. The THO, line sizes and load /unload design were all created for Standby only.

I would argue easily that a faspassless line would still be the same. Like many guests I fear standby on fastpass attractions. Because the times can be very innacurate. Like many guests, I would much rather get in line for a ride without fastpass because of the fear that I could get held up at the merge for 20+ minutes and not move ar all.

An idea that might work would be to use a possible new version of the ride based on Buzz light year, according to the Disney and more blog there are plans to make the Buzz Astro Blaster at the new Shanghai park using TSM technology rather than the usual versions at other parks. This would at least add extra capacity to the park and not duplicate what is already there and keep the pixar place theme of the area.

MUTZIE77

Side note - have you tried it post-update?

I too have some similar issues - Body Wars just did me in every time. Star Tours I had to make sure to sit up front before.

After the update, I can sit anywhere on ST and don't feel a thing. Not even a twinge. The sync with the film is much better now, eliminating all those feelings I had. It may not do the same for you, but I encourage you try it at least once and see if the same holds true.

I will have to give it a shot next time i'm there. I was just there in early January and was giving it some thought and then thinking about the last time I rode made my stomach feel funny.

MUTZIE77

I would argue easily that a faspassless line would still be the same. Like many guests I fear standby on fastpass attractions. Because the times can be very innacurate. Like many guests, I would much rather get in line for a ride without fastpass because of the fear that I could get held up at the merge for 20+ minutes and not move ar all.

You just proved Martins point. Without fastpass, there is no merge to get stopped at. therefore all the time lost letting fastpass riders into the line is subtracted from the wait. No fastpass means that there is a continually moving line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom