Would I Be Allowed To Ask To Rent Points Here???

Mjmcgove

Original Poster
I really would like to rent points, but I'd like to do it direct with someone. Am I allowed to ask here?

nickys

Premium Member
I really would like to rent points, but I'd like to do it direct with someone. Am I allowed to ask here?

Pass on that one. Not sure...

But if you go to Mouseowners they have a rent board over there. In your own interests, read the stickies first and ask any questions on the main forum first. There are a lot of owners and renters there, and you should find someone with points at whichever resort you want.

Tony the Tigger

I'm surprised there isn't a lot more of that going on here.

I also heard it's possible to split the cost of memory maker with any random family (presumably if you are going at the same time?) That could be a valuable thread.

dreamfinder

I also heard it's possible to split the cost of memory maker with any random family (presumably if you are going at the same time?) That could be a valuable thread.

That requires you to either have the other party get an old fashioned standalone Photopass card and then link that to your account, or to trust them enough to add them as a friend/family for their pics to load. Technically it is possible as long as travel dates work within the 30 days.

However, the terms of the Photopass downloads state something to the effect of "The Buyer shall not sell, transfer or use in any commercial manner (i.e. for the purpose of receiving or facilitating the receipt of financial remuneration or any other consideration) the photographs". Basically it is against the terms to be paid for sharing a Photopass download entitlement. So several of the boards have decided not to allow Photopass shares rather than risk being found as parties in any legal battle from Photopass for assisting in breaking these terms.

I'm not a lawyer, but that is my understanding of the legal terms. Sharing with family just because = good. Sharing with random strangers for money = bad.

Mjmcgove

Original Poster
well would anyone be able to tell me if there is availability for september 11-12 at either bay lake tower or grand floridian?

nickys

Premium Member
well would anyone be able to tell me if there is availability for september 11-12 at either bay lake tower or grand floridian?

For both nights? Or just the 11th? And what type of room?

Just checked for both nights, only a 2 bedroom at Bay Lake, and 3 bedroom at GF.

For just the 11th there is a studio, 1 and 2 bed at BLT. At GF there is 1, 2 and 3 bed.

Bear in mind, this is availability right now, through DVC. No indication how many rooms of each type are left. Whether any rental company has availability is another matter. They need a member to either have a reservation already booked, or have points to book it for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom