Worth the wait?

Rider

Original Poster
I was thinking because I have seen a lot of "Its not worth the wait" in posts recently. How many rides are?

Lets say there is a 2 hour (or more) wait. How many rides would you wait that long for?

No Fastpass and no Single Rider.

agdbeanie

Going on a ride for the first time would be worth the wait...if it had rave reviews!!! When Splash Mountain first opened I waited close to 2 hours for it and back then I thought it was worth it. Now, I've been on it so many times it's not really worth waiting that long for. It all depends on your perspective and experience.

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I would probably wait two hours for Rock 'N' Roller Coaster because it is such a great ride and that would probably be the only i would wait for.

figmentbaby

I'm such a disney freak...I would wait on line for two hours for almost anything (that DOES NOT include its a small world!!!) I waited on Test Track once for almost 4 hours because they hardly let the regular line go! They only let singles and fastpass on 90% of the time. Not fair!

starsky

To be honest the only thing in Florida I'd consider this for would be Spiderman.
At Disney, Splash Mountain would come closest. The longest I've ever stood in line at Disney was 1 1/4 hours at Summit Plummet (for a 7 second experience).:brick:

Shannon_Yensid

two hours

wow, i'm 17 and don't like to wait, so i really don't think i'd wait for two hours (then again we often wait around for Fantasmic! that long so...)....anyways, if they only way i could ride any ride or see any show is if i waited two hours, it would have to be one of the rides i with an indoor que like, like test track...i can't imagine a two hour wait in the Rockin' Roller coaster line...icky....but a lot of things are worth two hours, but after waiting and thinking about the ride, odds are it won't be as good as you thought it would be...that's just my 2 cents.

~Shannon

Disney4648

Okay, I would not wait 2 hours in line for a 2 minutle long ride....and most rides are actually shorter than the posted times outside of the ride.

Bairstow

More important than decind when to wait in line and when not to is having a plan of what to do when you ARE stuck in a slow-moving line at a themepark. It's wise to bring something to entertain or relax yourself when waiting to board something, as this IS your vacation and every minute you spend on property is very expensive. Bringing along people you like to talk to is the best idea, as any vacation is more enjoyable when you spend it with the people you like. Water is also very nice to have, as a lot of longer queue lines, like Splash Mountain or Test Track, for example, have extended outdoor areas with little shade, and those waterfountains are always too far apart. You can also bring along things like small books and gameboys, but I'm not a fan of having to keep a pack on me.

So, which rides are worth this kind of wait in my opinion?
Test Track
Kilimajaro Safaris (If you even go to Animal Kingdom at all)
Splash Mountain
Space Mountain
Rock n Rollercoaster

Justin149

splash mountain
space mountain
rocken' roller coaster
tower of terror

pretty much most e-ticket rides

on a side note the longest ive ever waited for a ride was at ceder point 2 years ago for a ride on millenium force, 3.30 hours, i was ready to kill my self by the end of the wait, though after riding it, it was worth every second of the wait.

-justin

no2apprentice

Originally posted by agdbeanie
It all depends on your perspective and experience.

I agree. Going to Disneyland in my youth, nobody thought anything of waiting an hour to two hours for the Matterhorn, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, etc. It was just part of the experience on busy days. But now, with FASTPASS and careful planning, the last three times we've been to WDW, the longest wait we ever had in a line for ride was 35 minutes (and all three visits were during spring break season). I don't know if my poor old body could handle two hour lines.

Just off the thread a little, one way my friends and I use to entertain ourselves at DL in long lines, one of us would ask the other a question like, "So, I heard your brother (or other family member) is out of prison now. Is he still getting treatment for his problem?" or something similar in nature. The object was to see how outlandish of a storyline everyone could think up, thereby entertaining all the people around you in line that are going to start eavesdropping on your conversation. After a while, it also became a contest to see if you could make your "story partner" crack up before you, by coming up with really outlandish twists in the "story". It was a hoot! :lol:

Timekeeper

Answer

The ONLY attraction worth waiting for is...

Drumroll please...

TIMEKEEPER!

Okay, so I'm bias. That aside, I would have to say the TTA - Tomorrowland Transit Authority, known to some returning guests as the Wedway Peoplemover.

What does "wedway" actually mean?

Tk

Disney4648

Timekeeper, there is like no wair for the timekeeper any more

and WedWay is the name of the company that made some of the trains i think

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I wouldn't wait on line for 2 hours for any ride. During that potential 2 hours, I could easily ride several other lesser favorites than wait 2 hours for a 2 minute ride.

Imagineer Dave

Fastpass

Well if you go and see a ride with a 2 hour wait i'd consider that a great time to take advantage of Disney's Fastpass (if the attraction has it).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom