Worth the hype? Snack Edition

HoneyBee1991

Original Poster
We already talked about restaurants that either didn't live up to the hype or you had an unpopular opinion of. But what about individual items? Snacks, drinks and "must try" items from restaurants (I'm looking at you zebra domes).

Side topic - What snacks were you told "it's so big you want to share it or eat it as a meal" but you ordered it and found out that wasn't true.

For me the overrated items were lefou's brew (way too sickeningly sweet, we couldn't finish it between the 2 of us) and the colossal cinnamon roll from A.K. (yes it was big but also ridiculously dry!).

For the "shareable" items I would say the pineapple upside down cake with dole whip and the pork & cheese fries from flame tree bbq. I loved the pineapple cake with dole whip and did share with my hubby but wished I would have got two. We were both still hungry after. I would say the pork & cheese fries would be shareable if (but only if) you were eating it as a side dish with other items from flame tree. We shared this one too per people's suggestion and were still hungry. Ended up getting some speciality mac n cheese from a near by stand to hold us over until dinner.

Ricky Spanish

Worth the hype: Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich <3
Not worth the hype: Schoolbread

Shareable: Dole Whip - love it, but could not finish one of those by myself, ever.
Not shareable: ...Carrot Cake Cookie Sandwich... because it was too good.
I agree, the Carrot Cake Cookie is delicious and I really don’t like sharing( but I usually do)
I actually figured out how to make them at home.
Now on the other hand.........a Dole Whip........I would never share.

epcotisbest

We shared this one:

544678E3-62F9-4E1A-B030-421975205253.jpeg

disney4life2008

It always bugs me when people share things at Disney world. Someone on here once said a order of fries at Casey's was more than enough for 2 people? Umm no. I have not seen anything at Disney that would be shareable.

disney4life2008

for us, it was the turkey leg. was looking forward to trying it, but neither of us really cared for it. way too salty. maybe we’ll try it again someday.

Turkey leg (like popcorn) smells good. But it is not worth the hype. If it tasted as good as it smells, wonderful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom