Worst WDW Vacation EVER!!!!!

I just returned from a 10 day stay at the WDW Carribean Beach Resort. This was my 20th time staying inside of the park....In general, I always come home impressed and in awe that after 18 years of visiting the parks they still provide a level of enjoyment unmatched by anywhere else in the world....Not this time however...I need to vent on this thread. This last stay may have been the worst 10 days i've ever spent away from home. I'm not sure what to do, or who to complain to.....Heres a list of everything that went wrong.

1) The folks working for the Magical Express service lost my luggage upon my arrival. It took a 11 hours for them to find it.

2) On the way to the hotel, the bus driver turned off the disney video's and music and instead put on his favorite radio station on and blasted the sound system to the point where the speakers began to distort.

3) Not a single cast member (no exageration) working in the food court said "your welcome", "please", "thank you", after any transaction. One of them actually told me "hurry up" because he thought I was taking to long while I was putting the wrinkled reciept and change he gave me into my wallet.

4) Sombody spilt a massive amount of ketchup on the stairs leading to my room...after several calls to the front desk to complain, noboby came out to clean it up...after a few days it began to morph into a graveyard for dead love bugs and took on a horrible stench. Its probaly still there. In general the Resort was very dirty...empty been cans on the beachs, cigarette buts everywhere, over flowing garbage from almost every can in the the food court, ect...

5) I broke my foot at Blizzard Beach (my own fault completely....I thought I just sprained it at first). When I got back to my room I called Center Care and requested a bus come and pick me up so I could get checked by a doctor. The woman on the phone told me the bus would arrive in 20 minutes and to walk to the front desk. I called the front desk to see if anyone could send a wheel chair over for me...the Cast member told me "No i'm sorry" and my jaw almost hit the floor. I limped all the way over to the customs house and waited for an hour and a half. The bus never showed up. When I got back to my room I called Center Care and the woman I spoke with told me I wasen't even on a list to be picked up, she had no idea who I was, and was unaware I called earlier...In a fit of anger I hung up on her, took some motrin and went to sleep (still unaware of the severity of my injury). The next day I deciced man it up and tag along with my friends to Animal Kingdom...Within a few minutes of walking around the park my foot swelled up and I called it quits. I went to the first Aid station and told them the what happened with the bus the previous day. They were appalled...They were nice enough to get a bus for me within 15 minutes.

6) My party and I ate at Alfredos where, to my amazement, our waiter screwed our order up to the point that only one person recieved the correct dish. The next night we ate at Mama Melrose's in MGM. Just as we arrived the urinals in the mens room flooded and filled half the lobby with with septic water. No disinfectant was sprayed...after it was cleaned 20 minutes later...To top it off, our server here also screwed our order up and my salmon was RAW in the middle.

7) Almost every cast member I ran into at the Magic Kingdom had a puss on thier face as if they absolutly hated thier job. I totally understand its hard to work with a smile and maintain your composure in the heat, and around screaming kids, but come on....If your really not that happy with your job...quit.

8) The parks were filled with people on scooters...I have no problem with people riding in them, but I do have a problem with people honking at to get out of the way while i'm limping on one foot. My girlfriend was acutally hit by a man on a scooter.....the second it happened he jumped off and ran to first aid....I know this was an accident....but if he was able to jump out of the vehicle and run to first aid...why was he in a scooter in the first place???....I think people are taking advantage this service. Its a shame too...I feel for the people who actually need them.

9) Finally....My luggage believe it or not, was lost again on the way home....I'm not sure if it was the airline's fault or the people at who checked my bags at the hotel, but it showed up almost an two hours after I landed, with luggage on a flight from Boston....I have no idea.......a horrible ending to a horrible trip.

I'm sorry if i'm ranting and raving...but I feel soooo cheated. I'm not sure what to do. I love Disney, and I've always had an amazing time there...so in a way I wouldn't feel justified to complain and cause a stink because this is the first time I've had a horrible experience.....On the other hand I feel like I was treated in a way that unfit for such an amazing company. What should I do?

Again...sorry to post this long message...I just needed to vent.

ArielLover

I have worked in retail myself for a few years, a while ago, and my husband is a manager of a very large and well known pharmacy chain store and we have never been told to "not apologize" to any customers if you are in the wrong. I am not saying this wasn't an accident and I certainly know accidents happen but when I called to let them know their worker had broken the bottle and didn't clean it up properly I think that warrants an apolpgy...I am sorry but it should! They still didn't apologize when they sent a girl with a towel and spray bottle to clean it up either & she couldn't even understand me when I told her she needed a vaccuum! They should have apologized for the accident because my daughter stepped on the glass and she was lucky it didn't go in her foot any deeper.

I definitely deserved an apology just for the mere fact of the way they didn't seem to care!

Also, I just want to say that I have tried over the years to contact someone and complain about this and nothing was done so that is why I was asking if I should keep pursuing the problems I had had on both my trips. I am not saying that after all this time I am deciding to do something about it now. I have already tried and they told me they would get back to me and I never heard anything else and I tried again and still nothing not even a response, so I was asking if it would be worth it to write a letter to someone else....that is all. I am not trying to make a big ordeal about it and not looking for anything either. It just would have been nice for them to acknowledge it.

Its been a while since I posted, but geez, let it go.

Dizknee_Phreek

Wow! Sorry to hear about all that!
My worst trip was not Disney's fault, but the friend I took with me....I won't get into it...but let's just say I'm going to pick who I take a little more wisely from now on.
Then, I can totally relate to your scooter story. Scooters and strollers run amok in WDW these days! On our last trip, I took my boyfriend with me...it was an absolutely wonderful trip...until our last night. We we patiently wading through the crowd after RoE, when all of a sudden some chick in a scooter RAMS into him, and causes his foot to be run over by the front of the vehicle. He yells in pain and she says "sorry" in a VERY unapologetic tone then drives off. I, too, feel sorry for those that have to use them, because people like that and the people who use them because they don't want to walk all day are giving them a bad rap. I wish WDW would do something about it....but I don't see that there's really anything that CAN be done.

pixiedust629

I'm willing to bet that the majority of scooter to people wrecks are caused by scooter jockies spending too much time gazing at the scenery and not enough focused on where they are going and who might be in or near their path.

The more I think about it the less sense it makes to allow scooters at Disney. How do you expect to have the drivers pay attention to where they are going if you've got a park designed to draw there attention to the scenery.

man.. sometimes I run into people because I'm so distracted by the scenery.
And I'm only walking!! :ROFLOL:

pixiedust629

At WDW, CMs have the power to brighten someone's day. Especially children, because they will remember little things from there for the rest of their lives. Especially things which seem trivial to us.

I definitely have to agree to that.
A while back, when my three sisters and I were little, our family stayed at Dixie Landings for a week during the summer. Each of us had a doll or stuffed animal or so that we had brought with us. The absolute highlight (and only thing I can remember about the whole trip) was that whoever was cleaning out room during the day came up with all these fabulous things to do with our toys to greet us as we came back from the park. And every day after that first day, we came back in the middle of the day to take a nap and get something to eat, gleefully anticipating what would await us. One day, they were all sitting around a swimming pool made of blue saran wrap and bathroom towels. The next, they were swinging from light fixtures and making mischief in different ways. And one day, they were all lined up in the window of our room, standing in the windowsill, waiting for us.

It might have been trivial, it might have been little, and it might have been just play for whoever was working hospitality that week. But for us, those really are memories that we will share from our childhood for a long, long time.

Jedi Stitch

Sometimes I think people are going to make their vacation the worst no matter what happens. We had a family we know just get back from WDW. The way they tell the story they had the worst time ever, and I guess I am not that pessimistic, and see the better side. First off almost the entire trip they went on was donated to them. The church gave them air miles. The airline's do have a tendency to bump passengers using free trips, ie redeemed miles. The husband, Tim, was bumped to a later flight and was upgraded to first class. Cerrisa had to travel with their daughter , but the airline comped them free food and tablets for the inconvenience. She still complained that her husband got first class and she didn't.
Cerrisa and Leila got there first, took the DME to CBR, they check in. THey got their room through donated DVC points. They had a Pirate room. She goes to the room and finds out all the things that make it a pirate room are not functioning, lights ets. She complains to the manager, and since they were using DVC points, he just upgrades them to a DVC Villa/Room? Upgraded room never the less. Tim finally gets to the resort. She still complains that the luggage took too long to find them, they did change rooms, and they are now on the far side of the resort, and have to "walk" farther for amenities. Disney keeps to trying to make it right and gives them some fast passes and a free character breakfast.
They paid the rest of the trip on donated gift cards. They didn't plan any of the trip like they should so they would complain they couldn't get fast passes for the good rides. They couldn't get reservations to any of the must go places.
They took the comped character breakfast and tried to force there way into Cinderella's castle. They caused a big stink to the point they were re directed to the Chrystal Palace, for Poo and friend. Leila wanted to see them anyway. They got another free comp, and were able to get Ohana's. Of course, Dinner was over booked, so they were given Luau passes. and given reservation for Ohana breakfast the next day. Were they ecstatic that they got all this free stuff, nope. Cerissa complained to the Poly manager that they were soo far away being at the CBR, that they got even more fast passes.
At this point my wife and I are thinking, we maxed out a Disney CC for trip of a lifetime, and they get one for free and they just cant stop complaining about it. They seam to be getting all these comps and upgrades, and they are not happy about it. Week during spring break for free.
They finally are on the way home. Before Cerissa left Orlando International when they got there, she went to the airline counter to complain that Tim was bumped to a flight and comp first class, but she had to travel alone with her child and had no support for the trip. I swear she should be a complaint expert. she had a voucher of some sort, that she brought back to the counter when it was time to leave. I think she must have complained at the right moment that by the time they got it figured out, they were bumped to a Redeye, in first class, because they missed the original flight by complaining.
It bogals the mind to think that some people get a free vacation and cant stop complaining about it, and how they should have had better service in Disney when to me seam Disney bent over back wards.

cdndisneygirl9

I am SO sorry your holiday was challenging ( to say the least ). Book a do-over...ASAP. Next holiday cannot be worse, only better.

I hope your foot/ ankle are healing nicely.

wdwgirl2005

I'm so sorry! That sounds horrible. The part I mostly agree with is the whole scooter part. If you're able to walk, then get up and keep walking! There's people who actually need the scooters. I recently went back in May of 2018, and I saw at least 5 people getting up from their scooters while they were getting on the bus first. It's 100% selfish.

luvinthemajik

Sorry you had a bad trip.

It sounds like most of the problems you had were at the CBR, I would find out who the General Manager is there and write a letter of complaint or call to complain. Hopefully your next trip will be better👋
Totally agree with @butterflyminnie, this must be brought to the attention of a " higher up" . Sorry it went South so quickly, in so many ways, but don't accept
it, use a friendly manner and be detailed, here's hoping you get a good listener/ active response.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I'm so sorry! That sounds horrible. The part I mostly agree with is the whole scooter part. If you're able to walk, then get up and keep walking! There's people who actually need the scooters. I recently went back in May of 2018, and I saw at least 5 people getting up from their scooters while they were getting on the bus first. It's 100% selfish.
Totally agree with @butterflyminnie, this must be brought to the attention of a " higher up" . Sorry it went South so quickly, in so many ways, but don't accept
it, use a friendly manner and be detailed, here's hoping you get a good listener/ active response.
Ladies, this thread was created in 2007.

See my previous response from 4/22/17:
This thread is over 10 years old. I am sure the foot/ankle is healed by now.

This is why we don’t bump old threads. 😉

MichiganDisneyDad4

People that use the scooters aren't typically paralyzed and do get up from them to get on the bus...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom