Worst Walt Disney World Attraction

In your opinion, what is the worst Walt Disney World Attraction?

• Journey Into Imagination

Votes: 63 15.1%
  • Mission:Space

Votes: 24 5.8%
  • Primeval Whirl

Votes: 72 17.3%
  • Tomorrowland Speedway

Votes: 85 20.4%
  • The Magic Carpets of Aladdin

Votes: 42 10.1%
  • The Country Bear Jamboree

Votes: 31 7.4%
  • UP! A Great Bird Adventure

Votes: 34 8.2%
  • Alien Swirling Saucers

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Living With The Land

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 54 12.9%

• Total voters

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a continuing virus that has consumed all the people unable to let go of Horizons. If they gave away a Gold Bar to everyone at the end of the attraction, no matter what was there, it would be not good enough.

I think horizons love is no longer about horizons...

It’s a symbolic protest against Disney all but abandoning the concept/structure of Epcot less than 20 years after opening.

It’s like they built a house...then just decided they didn’t need the mortgage anymore. Very much mismanagement that has caused long term
Aggravation.

BlakeW39

I don't think that there is a worst ride/attraction on property. There are great ones and there are bad ones but I don't think there is a single best or worst. Just ones that are more or less perfect, and others that are total misfires.

However I do think that an attraction's excellence should be judged based upon its success in accomplishing its own specific goal; each attraction attempts to accomplish something, and each one has a different goal. You can't judge a ride based upon any universal standard, but rather the standard said ride creates for itself. Thus, a bad ride is one that fails to do what it is supposed to. This is why Journey into Imagination is bad, it's a misfire, but Dumbo is not, because it does what it's supposed to do rather perfectly. There should be some level of quality in idea though.

yedliW

If you have a good skipper, Jungle Cruise is awesome

Even if you don't have a good skipper. I still love it. Especially at night.

OK, I know it's going to rain down on me, but I voted "Other" and it's Star Tours. I'm sure it's a great ride for most but the jerky motion and effects give me vertigo. I have tried a few times with eyes closed to keep the kids happy, but no more. I'm going to try FOP in June, but I'm honestly pretty nervous about it (Soaring, however, no issues - LOVE IT! - bent Eiffel Tower and all). I'd like a refresh on the Muppets at HS. I still go every time, but so much opportunity for an update.

I was a bit apprehensive the first time I went on FoP since the last time I went on Star Tours, it kicked my butt I had to try it after hearing all the reviews say it was the best ride ever.. but I found it to be much less physically jarring than Star Tours, and loved it! It is all the best parts of Star Tours and Soar'n.

Last edited:

Amos1784

Test Track post refurb... I have zero connection to it. I feel as though I am just driving around a warehouse with some neon lights.

Another vote for me would be Dinosaur, but that literally is just because it terrifies me, the dark and the loud noises are so disorientating. I'm sure it wouldn't make others lists.

BlakeW39

Another vote for me would be Dinosaur, but that literally is just because it terrifies me, the dark and the loud noises are so disorientating. I'm sure it wouldn't make others lists.

Dinosaur is a really good ride imo. Is it the best at DAK? No. But as a thrilling dark ride it's well done. Only thing that bothers me is the new stuff they've added of lower quality, i.e. the Carnotaurus at the end (ew).

Sir_Cliff

It's a continuing virus that has consumed all the people unable to let go of Horizons. If they gave away a Gold Bar to everyone at the end of the attraction, no matter what was there, it would be not good enough.
I'm not a Horizons devotee, but Mission:Space is probably my least favourite e-ticket at WDW. It has left me feeling nauseous every time I've ridden (the only Disney attraction to do this) and I don't think the pay off is really there in terms of the execution. For such an expensive attraction with such an amazing theme, I think the Imagineers really dropped the ball with this one.

Amos1784

Dinosaur is a really good ride imo. Is it the best at DAK? No. But as a thrilling dark ride it's well done. Only thing that bothers me is the new stuff they've added of lower quality, i.e. the Carnotaurus at the end (ew).

I seriously wouldn't even know because I have my eyes closed pretty much the entire ride lol :eek:. Which is weird because Indy in Disneyland does not bother me like this ride does.

awoogala

Three Caballeros or Alien Saucers. Either way, that's time I will never get back in my life.

They are both absolutely abysmal.
two of my favorites!!!! I think alien saucers is too short- but I absolutely love it! it's got just enough speed and smoothness that makes me happy (but I can't do many coasters these days). I love 3 Caballeros! (loved the movie since childhood, sooo...)
just goes to show that it's good to have a variety of rides, someone's fave is always someone else's hated attraction.

Goofyernmost

I'm not a Horizons devotee, but Mission:Space is probably my least favourite e-ticket at WDW. It has left me feeling nauseous every time I've ridden (the only Disney attraction to do this) and I don't think the pay off is really there in terms of the execution. For such an expensive attraction with such an amazing theme, I think the Imagineers really dropped the ball with this one.
Ride the green side. If you have inner ear problems then the orange will get you every time. The green shouldn't do that. It is like Star Tours or Body Wars was like only much gentler and smooth. They did drop the ball for you, but, there are thousands of others that are able to enjoy it and in recent times there has been a steady call for rides with more action. I guess it is just one that you cannot ride due to some physical reason, so I can understand your dislike. Who likes to be sick. I can't ride Space Mountain because it hurts my back, but, that doesn't make Space Mountain bad or one that the engineers dropped the ball on. Just isn't possible to please everyone.

Last edited:

Sir_Cliff

Ride the green side. If you have inner ear problems then the orange will get you every time. The green shouldn't do that. It is like Star Tours or Body Wars was like only much gentler and smooth. They did drop the ball for you, but, there are thousands of others that are able to enjoy it and in recent times there has been a steady call for rides with more action. I guess it is just one that you cannot ride do to some physical reason, so I can understand your dislike. Who likes to be sick. I can't ride Space Mountain because it hurts my back, but, that doesn't make Space Mountain bad or one that the engineers dropped the ball on. Just isn't possible to please everyone.
I've never been aware of any inner ear issue as virtually nothing else I can think of gives me nausea, but this ride does get me! I do quite like the green side as a pleasant enough attraction. I don't love the execution of the attraction more generally (the whole training storyline leaves me a bit cold), but I have no issues if others like it.

ninjaprincesst

I have a few "least favorites". Of the older nostalgic attractions I would say Tiki Room, Tom Sawyers Island, Swiss Family Treehouse, and CBJ. I guess I'm not one for nostalgia but can completely understand that many people are and having those memories of their childhood and these attractions make them very meaningful. Of the "newer" attractions, I would say Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. It was okay I guess the first one or two times we saw it, but it just isn't something that really pulls us back to it. It doesn't seem to have that "we have to do that again" factor with it. At least not for us. But I know people who really like it, so.....different strokes for different folks I guess.
I understand nostalgia, and there are rides I dearly miss (20,000 leagues, Mr. Toad) but the Tiki room has always just annoyed me, my daughter could not even stand it when she was small.

Goofyernmost

I've never been aware of any inner ear issue as virtually nothing else I can think of gives me nausea, but this ride does get me! I do quite like the green side as a pleasant enough attraction. I don't love the execution of the attraction more generally (the whole training storyline leaves me a bit cold), but I have no issues if others like it.
I haven't seen it lately, but, I understand that a lot of that has changed, but, even if it didn't it is part of the immersion process. Corny, yes, but, part of what is Disney.

danyoung56

I have done CBJ once and could not believe that it contained lyrics about being turned on!!!! Very inappropriate and creepy!!!

Can you remember the lyric that offended you? I've been enjoying the CBJ for many years in both WDW and DL, and have never noticed anything inappropriate or creepy.

KBLovedDisney

I have done CBJ once and could not believe that it contained lyrics about being turned on!!!! Very inappropriate and creepy!!!
Can you remember the lyric that offended you? I've been enjoying the CBJ for many years in both WDW and DL, and have never noticed anything inappropriate or creepy.
Sun Bonnets
Every time I meet a guy who gets me shook,
All I ever get from him’s a dirty look.
It’s the same way everywhere, I’ve found.
All the guys that turn me on turn me down.

All the guys that turn me on turn me down.
Nothing works for me that I’ve found.
It’s the same way everywhere, I see.
Nothing ever seems to work for me.

Doodle doodle doodle do,
Bum bum!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom