Worst Universal Orlando Ride? (Poll)

Which is the worst ride at Universal Orlando?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
Based off the Best Universal Orlando Ride poll, and since I love polls and seeing what are the best and worst in terms of quality of rides and attractions, I decided to do the opposite of that poll and do worst Universal Orlando ride. Please explain below of what you think is the worst and why! There are 10 slots, so I decided to do 10 of the weakest rides and the ones that always get bad or mediocre reviews. If there's another one you think is and not listed, leave it below.

Last edited:

General Mayhem

I put Shrek 4-D for multiple reasons.
1. The ride/show can be recreated at home with little effort.
2. Related to #1 the film for this ride/show has been out in public access since the second year of it's operation.
3. The story for the attraction makes no sense not only in the context of the films but even it's own logic.
4. The visuals for the film are extremely uninspired and compared to the films (especially Shrek 2) it just feels plain.
5. The queue is horribly themed and it is one of the least immersive "themed" attractions in all of Orlando.

The upsides to Shrek 4-D are:
-It's extremely high capacity (especially with both theaters)
-One of the few attractions with little to no restrictions
-The spider scene

Tom Morrow

Shrek 4D. It's absolutely embarrassing that its still operating and T2-3D definitely should have stayed instead. The only reasons I think it's still around are the high capacity and an additional space for an HHN house.

Shrek long ago fell out of favor in pop culture (except in memes) and the movies have not aged well. At the time their "we're not taking this seriously but actually we kind of are" + tons of "edgy" satire and parodies was fresh in 2001 but every lesser rate animated film since then has copied the formula over and over.
The queue is horrid.
The "lol Disney" jokes are lame and tired.
The pre-show has nothing to do with the main show.
The main show is just an extra from the Shrek 2 DVD.
The visuals and effects in the main show are very lackluster.
The moving seats are loud enough to distract from the show and they don't even make sense - if we aren't part of the action riding along with Shrek then why are we moving?

General Mayhem

Shrek 4D. It's absolutely embarrassing that its still operating and T2-3D definitely should have stayed instead. The only reasons I think it's still around are the high capacity and an additional space for an HHN house.

Shrek long ago fell out of favor in pop culture (except in memes) and the movies have not aged well. At the time their "we're not taking this seriously but actually we kind of are" + tons of "edgy" satire and parodies was fresh in 2001 but every lesser rate animated film since then has copied the formula over and over.
The queue is horrid.
The "lol Disney" jokes are lame and tired.
The pre-show has nothing to do with the main show.
The main show is just an extra from the Shrek 2 DVD.
The visuals and effects in the main show are very lackluster.
The moving seats are loud enough to distract from the show and they don't even make sense - if we aren't part of the action riding along with Shrek then why are we moving?
I will argue that Shrek 2 still holds up extremely well, but that's partially because that film takes itself the most seriously of anything in the Shrek universe. I will defend that film till I die.

JT3000

F&F, because it's not only a stinker, it's also a large attraction that replaced TWO previous attractions, both of which I'd still rather have. And I didn't even like Beetlejuice.

Why is E.T. on here? :cautious:

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
F&F, because it's not only a stinker, it's also a large attraction that replaced TWO previous attractions, both of which I'd still rather have. And I didn't even like Beetlejuice.

Why is E.T. on here? :cautious:
I kept debating on whether to choose E.T. or Minion Mayhem for the slot. I chose E.T. because on the last poll a lot of people kept ripping it, which is insulting because it’s one of the best rides at universal Orlando. :rolleyes: do you think I should redo this poll? Now I feel bad.

DeletedAccount55555

F&F is the only plausible answer.

I agree that Shrek 4D's time has past, as have almost all 3D/4D films in theme parks. It's just not relevant tech anymore when you can see 3D films in every movie theater.

Fallon is fine for what it is. At least the motion simulator technology is different.

Having E.T. Adventure on here is an absolute travesty.

The rest are largely inoffensive rethemes of off-the-shelf rides. Doctor Doom I enjoy just because of the queue and having a ride themed after the villain. Kang & Kodos is an absolute delight because of the voiceover, though you can enjoy that without waiting in line.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I didn't even have to think about it and went right for F&F. Some of the other rides aren't "great", but I'll take any of them over F&F every single time. Shreck 4D is probably the next worst, but it's still a lot more fun.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
F&F IMHO. What worked as part of the tram tour in Hollywierd, doesn't necessarily translate well to a walk on... this is a prime example.

lilychris

I kept debating on whether to choose E.T. or Minion Mayhem for the slot. I chose E.T. because on the last poll a lot of people kept ripping it, which is insulting because it’s one of the best rides at universal Orlando. :rolleyes: do you think I should redo this poll? Now I feel bad.
ET is an actual ride. Unlike the screen rides. It’s fun and the queue is awesome

OG Runner

I voted for F&F, due to the reasons everyone has already mentioned, including that it is a "dumpster fire".
E.T. to me is exactly on par with the Peter Pan ride at WDW. It is fun and nostalgic, which makes it always
enjoyable. The line for E.T. is much shorter than Pan, which also helps with the enjoyment.

General Mayhem

Kong was the most disappointing for me.
See I don't get why people were so disappointed when they announced the ride system and everything almost a year before it opened. If people would have done about 5 minutes of research you would have known it was going to be an expanded version of the studio tour scene from Hollywood. It was never going to be a coaster, or a thrill ride yall built that hype yourselves not Universal. If you were disappointed that was your fault for not reading what the attraction was going to be when they announced it in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom