Worst Meal at Disney

MagicMegan

Original Poster
Akershus. I remember how we were so glad to get a table here for breakfast, but after waiting 15 minutes for a waiter to come by, we were told that the water wasn't working and we were all given Cinnamon Rolls to eat, and we promptly left :(

cinnamon rolls?? did you have to pay still??

wvdisneyfamily

I have a new worst meal. La Hacienda was wretched. The lack of flavor was covered up by an abusive amount of pepper. The salsa was like Chef Boyardee pizza sauce with pepper. It was just yuck. I've never been that disappointed in a WDW restaurant.

meganw1985

1) I despise Pizza Planet. My son loves it so we have to go every few times.

2) I DO NOT like the food at Sci-Fi. Plus they have very little selection. Especially at dinner. Why they don't have the burger on the dinner menu is beyond me. Once again, my son loves it, so we have to go there every trip. (We're doing lunch this time).

3) I didn't even eat my spaghetti from Tony's. And I was so looking forward to that...

We have pretty much enjoyed everywhere else, including San Angel, which seems to get terrible reviews!

danpam1024

I have a new worst meal. La Hacienda was wretched. The lack of flavor was covered up by an abusive amount of pepper. The salsa was like Chef Boyardee pizza sauce with pepper. It was just yuck. I've never been that disappointed in a WDW restaurant.

:eek: but the menu looks so delicious! Thats strike two outta my five ADRs lol!:lol:

wvdisneyfamily

:eek: but the menu looks so delicious! Thats strike two outta my five ADRs lol!:lol:

I hope ours was a singular incident of yuck. The food, service, etc...just terrible. We left Epcot shortly thereafter. We felt bad after eating it and not the bad you feel after eating a fresh cookie ice cream sandwich.
This is the only time my husband has ever said it was absolutely a waste of money. The Trail's End came close, but we didn't feel sick after eating it. What are your other ADRs?

lighteningqueen

Let me relist

San Angel
Boma
Trails End

Yall keep refreshing my memory

What is scary is there are not many good places to eat there anymore
Whispering can be hit or miss
Ohanas dried out or either raw poor service
50's have cut down on portions and flavor is less and less on Pot Roast and getting fatty
Prime only thing decent is the angus burger
Liberty Tree worse than stoffers

righttrack

I live in the greater NYC area. We have the best pizza, Italian food, Chinese food around. I typically avoid those cuisines at WDW because I know I'll be disappointed. I like the new American style restaruants at WDW the best, like Artist's Point, California Grill, etc. Boma and Jiko are favorites as well.

I'd say the worst meal I have had on property have been Marrakesh, because it was bland. Moroccan food is quite flavorful normally, but it was just bland here. Counter service has never impressed me. Worst counter service was Tomorrowland Noodle Station. It just quantity over quality to the extreme. ABC Commissary and Pizzafari were close seconds.

danpam1024

I hope ours was a singular incident of yuck. The food, service, etc...just terrible. We left Epcot shortly thereafter. We felt bad after eating it and not the bad you feel after eating a fresh cookie ice cream sandwich.
This is the only time my husband has ever said it was absolutely a waste of money. The Trail's End came close, but we didn't feel sick after eating it. What are your other ADRs?

Le Cellier for Thanksgiving, Kouzzina (breakfast), Yak and Yeti, Brown Derby, and LaHacienda. We haven't tried any of those yet! Wanted to go outside our comfort zone.

wvdisneyfamily

Le Cellier for Thanksgiving, Kouzzina (breakfast), Yak and Yeti, Brown Derby, and LaHacienda. We haven't tried any of those yet! Wanted to go outside our comfort zone.

Le Cellier was great before the menu change. I haven't tried the new menu. I haven't been to any of your others.

DisneyDebNJ

Twice, we went to Alfredo di Roma and it was HORRIBLE, and even though its gone, we're a little gun shy about eating at either Via Napoli or Tutto Italia :shrug:

CaptainJackNO

San Angel Inn - Some years ago. I had an entrée dish that was some kind of beans with chocolate in it [sounded fantastic on the menu], it was a bland, pasty mess on a plate and uninspiring. I dislike the restaurant anyway because there isn't enough light to see what you're eating and that meal cemented that I just won't eat there.

I agree, San Angel Inn is horrible. My steak was burned, the waiter was awful. Too expensive for garbage food.

jlevis

Clearly one should avoid every restaurant in WDW! After reading how many people ended up with food poisoning and/or barfed after eating in the World I'm surprised the health department hasn't closed the place down. For my part I've yet to get sick or have a bad meal while there. Now, some of the CS meals have been, well, fast food. But any of the TS meals we've had have been good to excellent. Keep in mind that my idea of a bad meal was a C-Ration can of ham and lima beans. I've been working on ADR's for September and given the limited availability I guess not everyone has had a bad experience.

Tony's Town Square. From the time they called us to be seated, to when we walked out on to Main St. was 20 minutes. I now its a theme park, but that was rushed. It was also the worst meatballs and sauce we ever had. The food court at the resort was better then that. Coming from RI where some of the best Italian Food is available, we know what good meatballs and sauce taste like.

meekoman

Our worst meals so far have been at:
Alfredo's. I realize it is no longer there, but the pasta was bad
San Angel Inn. Poor quality
Garden Grill. Our flank steak was cut the wrong way along the grain of the meat, therefore, my shoe was more tender to eat
Can't think of the name of the place but the brewery place on the Boardwalk. Food and the service were terrible.

Dznycrzy

Boma's at Animal Kingdom Lodge- YUCK! :hurl:
We had a dish called Bobotie (pronounced buh-boo-tee). Anything that sounds like booty is never good. Ha!!:veryconfu

The best food ever...Ohana's at the Poly!! Amazing!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom