Worst Meal at Disney

flavious27

Akershus.... i think someone in my family ordered what turned out to be goat balls? Not sure what it was exactly, but i know my food was straight up nasty....

They have pork and ground beef dumplings.

The concept of the cold and hot buffet is just weird and the hot food is just wedding food that is found on any buffet line. The "traditional" hot food they had before just had an off taste to it and the cold food line is just way too mackerel oriented. I don't expect st louis ribs and fried chicken at every disney buffet, but there is good Scandinavian food out there; create has a show focused just on Scandinavian food and that food looks and sounds appetizing.

My DH and I went and we would have to say (with no hesitation) that Coral Reef Restaurant was the worst meal. We went in Late Apr/Early May 2010.

It was not busy in the restaurant, yet service was slower than the other restaurants we went to and when we received. DH ordered a lasagna bundle dish and it was dry and hardened so all he was able to eat was the inside and he was really excited when he ordered the dish. But that having been said the dessert was very good for both of us.

I have pictures that I would love to post but I have forgotten how to do it...lol:hammer:

BrittanyRose428

There hasn't been anywhere that I've particularly disliked, the only bad dining experience I've had was in China when I was like 13, but that was my family's fault. I have a cousin whose four years younger than me, and I guess he wasn't old enough to order himself, which made my family think that I wasn't either. The waiter came to me and someone else just cut me off and continued talking, and me being 13 didn't really do anything about it, so I got no food. Thanks family lol. Eventually when I had nothing in front of me they realized this and told the waiter what I wanted but yea, my family's fault not the restaurant.

This thread is disappointing me because so many places I want to try are being mentioned here. :( I love the restaurants that have an interesting theme, and I LOVE Mexican food so I've been dying to try San Angel Inn but now I'm starting to re-think that.

PolynesianPrincess

Honestly, I have been lucky enough to never really have experienced bad food or service in my 22 trips to WDW. TS restaurants are always really good - Le Cellier, 50s Prime Time, Whispering Canyon Cafe, Crystal Palace... everything is always usually really good or, even in some cases, great.

The only place I can complain about was before Illuminations I ordered from the counter service outside the Mexico pavilion (I forget the name) and I ordered the kids chicken tenders. The tenders were very dry and hard. And then they gave me a bunch of tortilla chips on the side. Not worth the $5 I paid for it at all!!

Epcot_Imagineer

Akershus. I remember how we were so glad to get a table here for breakfast, but after waiting 15 minutes for a waiter to come by, we were told that the water wasn't working and we were all given Cinnamon Rolls to eat, and we promptly left :(

MansionGoer13z

The Marrakesh in Morocco. Let's just say it felt like I was on the set of Temple of Doom during the dinner scene, waiting for something bizzarre to be brought out. And the couscous experiment was not fun. Wasted money there, because I barely ate anything. It was too dry and stomach churning.

JIMINYCR

The worst meal we had believe it or not was at the Brown Derby. We had reserved the meal because we had always heard how top notch the place was and made a point to do ADR on our first night at the park. The wait person was very slow and spent most of his time at a table across from us (it appeared that he knew the people and wanted to socialize with them instead of wait his other tables) Although the food was good, the portions were extremely small and after eating the meal it felt like I hadn't eaten anything and was ready to get something somewhere else. The only thing fast about the wait person was when he came to give us the bill and collect the money. To this day friends continue to rave about the Brown Derby but I haven't gone back.

danpam1024

Had a hair in my sweet and sour chicken at the counter service Yak and Yeti last October. It wasn't an eyelash. It was a huge, twisting hair that didn't seem to have a beginning or an end. It wasn't on top either but at the bottom. I ate practically the whole thing before i was unfortunate enough to discover what resembled a pube from king kong.

It was pretty good until then but that kind of ruined it for me. But since it was at the end of a long, great day, I didn't have the energy to complain. I just threw it out, bought a drink(yak attack, which was hairless) and tried not to think about it.
:ROFLOL:
I can't stop laughing. . . I'm sorry that is SO GROSS!:hurl: Whats worse is I have never eaten there and I was very much looking forward to it:lol:
SciFi food was old and just plain not good.
SanAngel Inn was disgusting and gives Mexican food a bad name-would rather eat TacoBell.
Bluezoo was very bland - expected more from a celebrity chef restaurant
thats it. . . Everywhere else has been yummy:slurp:

danpam1024

The Marrakesh in Morocco. Let's just say it felt like I was on the set of Temple of Doom during the dinner scene, waiting for something bizzarre to be brought out. And the couscous experiment was not fun. Wasted money there, because I barely ate anything. It was too dry and stomach churning.

Forgot about that one, we felt the same way. Weird though because Tangerine Cafe is very tasty:shrug:

disneygirl1

I have to say Cape May Cafe breakfast. More so for the service and experience then the food itself. But I will say of all the character breakfasts that I have been to CM definitely had a serious lack of choices compared to the others I been to.

jato4x4

Hands down the San Angel Inn, and even every book and review says the food sucks, but the atmosphere is some of the best on property. Granted this was two years ago, but I doubt much has changed.

WDWmazprty

Had a hair in my sweet and sour chicken at the counter service Yak and Yeti last October. It wasn't an eyelash. It was a huge, twisting hair that didn't seem to have a beginning or an end. It wasn't on top either but at the bottom. I ate practically the whole thing before i was unfortunate enough to discover what resembled a pube from king kong.

It was pretty good until then but that kind of ruined it for me. But since it was at the end of a long, great day, I didn't have the energy to complain. I just threw it out, bought a drink(yak attack, which was hairless) and tried not to think about it.

:ROFLOL:
I can't stop laughing. . . I'm sorry that is SO GROSS!:hurl: Whats worse is I have never eaten there and I was very much looking forward to it:lol:
SciFi food was old and just plain not good.
SanAngel Inn was di'sgusting and gives Mexican food a bad name-would rather eat TacoBell.
Bluezoo was very bland - expected more from a celebrity chef restaurant
thats it. . . Everywhere else has been yummy:slurp:

Hilarious! Yeah, we really dont know what goes on behind the scenes of our favorite restaurants. Who knows what we eat everyday!?!? :hurl::eek: But you know what, I don't think we want to know; if we did, we probably would never eat at another restaurant again.

Ever see the movie Waiting' ? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::hurl::ROFLOL:

coachwnh

Narcoossee's at Grand Floridian!! went for our anniversary, had a special cake ordered, and the whole thing was awful. the food, the cake was the wrong thing (they did credit the cake since they said they messed up) and the server was terrible. this was the only dinner i have ever had that i was disappointed in. sure there have been some where the food wasnt great, but this was just bad!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom