Worst Job at Walt Disney World?

Lilofan

Absolutely. I'll never forget when my friend and I walked into a bathroom at Epcot and there was a turd on the floor. Or should I say, several. I think the drunk had tried to make it to the toilet; or at least I hope he did.
I think anyone cast member who worked any role at the infamous Pleasure Island back in the day dealing with the nightly drunks and cleaning up their mess on a nightly basis are the unsung heroes. 2AM on the local roads must have been a dangerous time.

Bpmorley

My time at Guest Relations was a mix. I ended up doing two tour on property (Keys to the Kingdom and Star Wars Guided Tour) which were once in a lifetime experiences which I loved every minute of.

Then there were days when a guest would come up the GR window, slam their magic bands on the counter, say "fix it" and fold their arms, in front of kids and wife. Of course you take the bands and look it up. Looks like they just need to prove their FL resident, so you ask for their FL ID for both wife and mean guy and they throw it at you like it's the worst thing in the world, where they mutter "this is so ridiculous, why couldn't they do this at the hotel?" Which I answer "they don't have access to activate tickets like we do" and I get them activated slide their bands back and say "all set have a good day" which they snatch and leave.

Now the next guest walks up. It's hard to have a perfect attitude for this next guest. It's probably the same thing, or their mad that ___ attraction broke down. So you give them a FP (not valid at Galaxys Edge) and send them on their way. Here comes the next guest...

The problem for me was that I could not get Guest #1 out of my head the entire day, even the rest of the day after I left work, that it ended up being mentally unwell for me to be there. So I left, found a computer programming job with Disney, then got laid off.

The tours, I loved. I loved comp'ing stuffed animals for kids, or doing magical moments, but the people who were mad at VERY first world problems really took a toll on me.
That goes both ways. In all of our trips we've had 99% great CM interactions. But it those few bad ones that always stand out. I know it shouldn't be that way, but maybe that's just human nature.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I think anyone cast member who worked any role at the infamous Pleasure Island back in the day dealing with the nightly drunks and cleaning up their mess on a nightly basis are the unsung heroes. 2AM on the local roads must have been a dangerous time.
Haha I was a lm extra hours door host at 8-Trax all the time and I loved that job! Yeah sometimes ppl were jerks but on the whole it was the most fun job I’ve ever had.
I think it all comes to perspective for what ur doing. Herding 600 ppl on a ferry boat at close wasn’t a walk in the park but there were ways to make it fun.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

...highly exaggerated.

You know what a lot of that staff did have happen? Good pay...one of the reasons Disney couldn’t allow it to stand

Rinx

Guy that cleans the exit queue at Mission:Space
I wouldn't disagree. Most people don't even make it out of the capsule before that happens. Mission: Space has its own dedicated janitorial staff so I'm going to say it's definitely up there near the worst column.

kjb101791

I find that hard to believe. When in the parks we have seen cast member " push " the ice carts with a push of a button. The carts seem to be power controlled.
It's weird you think you know what kind of cart we had. Human powered, no buttons. I'm told the carts had triangle wheels until 1997, though, so the round wheels were quite the luxury.

NelleBelle

I don't think any disney ride has ever made me sick. Universal on the other hand
I’ve never been sick on any ride or felt sick. But I’ve definitely started to black out from G-forces (lookin’ at you mission:space) and had ruptured blood vessels in my eyes where it looked my eyes bleed (again, mission:space)! So I’ve one and done and mission:space orange, sadly. I’d like to try it again but I’m slightly worried what would happen (and someone would definitely need to hold my insulin pump)!

Kobe!!

Parking lot is THE WORST. Been there done that. You'll have cancer in less then a month doing that job in the Summer time.

TrainsOfDisney

Worst job is being an Imagineer...because you can see the vision and the dream... but you’re never given the budget or permission to bring them to fulfillment. Must be maddening.
At D23 I was talking to one of the imagineers who was working on the Disney Sea Fantasyland project. As we were chatting they said “yeah I’m really lucky that I got on a Tokyo project, we get to do really cool stuff.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom