Worst Job at Walt Disney World?

Cesar R M

They guy who has to pick up the poop at Animal Kingdom.
As someone who has worked for more than 15 years for customer service/support agent. Id take the poop than having to deal with moronic guests as front guest clerk in a Disney Park.
I have been there to give back something from someone else that I had found on the floor, etc.. and I've seen the ridiculous demands of some guests and the tirades some do at guest services.

*edit* I sometimes try to make jokes to the guest services team to make them smile. They have patients of saints.

Bpmorley

I would think cleaning the bathrooms during F&W wouldn't be so great of a job.

I was planning on grabbing a part time job there when I retire in 2-3 years. Either security or bus/boat driving. I'm sure those both have their moments too

Lilofan

I was planning on grabbing a part time job there when I retire in 2-3 years. Either security or bus/boat driving. I'm sure those both have their moments too
If you are not used to the FL heat and hurricanes, prepare yourself.

danyoung56

Me too, although I'm solidly for boat crew . . .

graphite1326

If one had to listen to that song in their entire shift could make someone bonkers also.
I could be wrong but don't alternate to another attraction after a time. The reason I say this is I went on a ride in Tomorrowland (can't remember which one) and had a rather attractive young lady (how I remembered her) at the load area. I got off that ride and went to another and she was then working that ride.

NelleBelle

I could be wrong but don't alternate to another attraction after a time. The reason I say this is I went on a ride in Tomorrowland (can't remember which one) and had a rather attractive young lady (how I remembered her) at the load area. I got off that ride and went to another and she was then working that ride.
I think I remember watching a vlog from a former CM who worked attractions and said that he did rotate the rides in Fantasyland (went from PP to ISAW to SWSA when it was there).

graphite1326

I'm retiring in two weeks. Where do I apply?

Bpmorley

Its heartening to see they don't have lots of listings, I'm hoping that means they have a large list to call back from.
I was thinking the same thing. I had a contact a few years ago when I first started thinking about retirement. But I'd like to see laid off workers called back before new hires

kjb101791

I worked merchandise at Hollywood Studios on Sunset/Animation Courtyard. A lot of people seem to think you just get screamed at all day, but it is so much better than any other retail or amusement job I have had. Most of the guests are happy to be there. It's likely worse at Guest Relations, but it is really not that bad. We had some carts that sold drinks on ice. A task would be to keep the ice for the carts in stock. In August, this is an impossible task. One day in particular, I was very dehydrated and had to push heavy carts of ice that melt as soon as I got the cart back to load up. Distinctly unfun. Save a cast member, buy your drinks inside from a refrigerator.

Michaelson

I'd say 99.99999% of my experiences with CM's have been golden. Exemplary and beyond the call of duty to take care of guests in their charge, as I do realize without THEM, all the parks are are empty buildings and piped in music. THEY make the parks function.

That said, it's a two way street, as I have also seen those VERY VERY few CM's take out their bad day on the 'next guest' who has simply asked a question, only to receive the wrath of the CM based on a previous exchange with one of the 'Karen's (originally called 'entitled') patrons of the park.

As to the mask callers, I've watched a LOT of recent park walk through YouTube videos where masked CM's are yelling at guests with zeal to pull the mask up, and not in a very nice manner, and to see the confused look on the recipient's face for being literally yelled at. I see a LOT of this on the Animal Kingdom postings, especially in the Pandora ride que. I guess a CM hiding behind a mask (like a keyboard warrior) makes them feel a bit more emboldened to do so? Granted, they're enforcing the rules, but I'm talking 'yelling', not requesting that rule be met. One fellow was just momentarily scratching his nose and readjusting his mask when he was pounced on!

As to the parking lot.....well, I'd say that was a physically tough job, as rain or shine, they're out there, and many of them actually dancing around to put you in a good mood before you even park your car. LOVE those folks.....but on occasion (and I was involved in one such 'incident') where TWO attendants were giving directions, and apparently I followed the directions of one where the other didn't want me, and an argument ensued between the CM's. Not much I could do, as I was already parked, and the line continued right where I left off. Of course, I'm sure when that story is retold back in the locker room, I'm the individual who 'didn't follow directions'.

I think each and every CM has a day they'd rather be 1000 miles away from the public, no matter what their job. I can't think of a single stand out job there when the public is involved that doesn't have a down side to it.....but like I said, as long as WE recognize it's THEM that makes the place tick, and thank THEM for their efforts, things smooth out.

I thank every one I come across, be it at the scanners to rides, or the personal cleaning the restroom. I appreciate them all. They work hard for us.

Regards! Michaelson

Last edited:

Tjaden

The CM’s who have to guide angry screaming families towards the taped off line to walk in during parades.

I have seen quite a few CM getting yelled at horribly!
Yep, New Year's Illuminations crowd control comes to mind for me. The guests were....not pleasant. We're talking about dozens of people climbing on planters to get a better view and killing all of the plants. When told to get down they responded to my coordinator with plenty of expletives.

Last edited:

Lilofan

I worked merchandise at Hollywood Studios on Sunset/Animation Courtyard. A lot of people seem to think you just get screamed at all day, but it is so much better than any other retail or amusement job I have had. Most of the guests are happy to be there. It's likely worse at Guest Relations, but it is really not that bad. We had some carts that sold drinks on ice. A task would be to keep the ice for the carts in stock. In August, this is an impossible task. One day in particular, I was very dehydrated and had to push heavy carts of ice that melt as soon as I got the cart back to load up. Distinctly unfun. Save a cast member, buy your drinks inside from a refrigerator.
I find that hard to believe. When in the parks we have seen cast member " push " the ice carts with a push of a button. The carts seem to be power controlled.

EvanAnderson

My time at Guest Relations was a mix. I ended up doing two tour on property (Keys to the Kingdom and Star Wars Guided Tour) which were once in a lifetime experiences which I loved every minute of.

Then there were days when a guest would come up the GR window, slam their magic bands on the counter, say "fix it" and fold their arms, in front of kids and wife. Of course you take the bands and look it up. Looks like they just need to prove their FL resident, so you ask for their FL ID for both wife and mean guy and they throw it at you like it's the worst thing in the world, where they mutter "this is so ridiculous, why couldn't they do this at the hotel?" Which I answer "they don't have access to activate tickets like we do" and I get them activated slide their bands back and say "all set have a good day" which they snatch and leave.

Now the next guest walks up. It's hard to have a perfect attitude for this next guest. It's probably the same thing, or their mad that ___ attraction broke down. So you give them a FP (not valid at Galaxys Edge) and send them on their way. Here comes the next guest...

The problem for me was that I could not get Guest #1 out of my head the entire day, even the rest of the day after I left work, that it ended up being mentally unwell for me to be there. So I left, found a computer programming job with Disney, then got laid off.

The tours, I loved. I loved comp'ing stuffed animals for kids, or doing magical moments, but the people who were mad at VERY first world problems really took a toll on me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom