Worst Job at Walt Disney World?

Marden

Original Poster
I searched the forums but didn't find anything on this: I'm curious what current or former CMs consider to be the worst job at WDW and why.

Parking attendant in the sun and rain? Sweeping up horse...droppings? Herding people at firework/show times?

Thanks in advance for the insights and stories. I'm just genuinely curious.

EvanAnderson

LOL I've held most of these jobs at Disney.

Parking: it works when people listen, but because people want to park whenever they want, you lose control over the line and then people then start doing whatever they want. I know, no one wants to go "all the way to the end" (myself included), but it's the way to park thousands of cars SAFELY and efficiently. When trams were running, it was always fun being on those, gets you a break from the lot

Guest Relations: I've been flicked off, called incompetent, called an Ahole, all for doing my job. Somedays I'd have such an awful day I'd have to wait til my break, tell my manager that I have to leave, and do it. Then go home and question my life choices. Other days I have wonderful perfect guests who are just happy to be with their families and I'd love the day.

EDIT: Luckily there's a program Disney wrote for us to write notes about any guests we want, and anyone can with an ipad can pull up that information about you. That time you ripped a front desk Cast Memeber a new one 7 years ago? Oh yeah, that note is there. Probably is along the lines of "proceed with caution"

Last edited:

Minnie Mum

Guest relations. Complaints and arguments all day long? The few positive interactions must be welcome respites. I remember the look of almost shock when I asked for a guest comment card so I could applaud a CM.

Giss Neric

Basically all the CMs that deals with guests (attractions, merch, food and beverage and guest services). Guest services are trained to handle irate guests but CMs especially who are in the DCP absorbs most of the insults.

castlecake2.0

I’ve had several roles and really enjoyed them all, they all have good and bad. I think the worst shifts were seating at a restaurant that was running behind in seating times and trying to calm down a lobby of hangry guests. Also hard was working the entrance to O Canada and watching hundreds of people a day turn around and walk away after you explain the attraction to them.

JIMINYCR

I'd hate to be the CM's responsible for cleaning the animal paddocks at AK. I've cleaned many horse stalls, dog runs, cat boxes and animal enclosures and they can be awful jobs at times. I'd imagine some of the larger exotic animals enclosures could get pretty nasty.

Lilofan

I'd hate to be the CM's responsible for cleaning the animal paddocks at AK. I've cleaned many horse stalls, dog runs, cat boxes and animal enclosures and they can be awful jobs at times. I'd imagine some of the larger exotic animals enclosures could get pretty nasty.
Anyone who works and cleans the horse stalls in an equestrian center smell exactly what they are cleaning.

JIMINYCR

Anyone who works and cleans the horse stalls in an equestrian center smell exactly what they are cleaning.
Yes, as I said, Ive done it. Comparing that to the large exotic animal enclosures at AK? I'm assuming its got to be a much more daunting task to clean and disinfect.

Cmdr_Crimson

giphy.gif

jlhwdw

Parking. It's the lowest paid position on property and you deal with all the weather elements in the most intense way without any respite, in addition to the most obnoxious and most entitled side of the guests.

Mr Mindcrime

Reading this made something "click" with me. I generally try to treat people with respect and the way I'd want to be treated. But I've had more than a few times in my many years where I've treated a customer service agent or waitress or other public facing person in a not-so-nice way, just because things didn't go my way. I was THAT butt-head. So I apologize to all of those I've been a jerk to and I promise from this day forward to be MUCH better. Even when things don't go my way, I need to focus on the good in people and not my first-world problem. That feels better already :)

Lilofan

Parking. It's the lowest paid position on property and you deal with all the weather elements in the most intense way without any respite, in addition to the most obnoxious and most entitled side of the guests.
Back in my earlier younger days I washed dishes in the steamy hot kitchen at the college I went to. Compare that to parking and there is no comparison.

Lilofan

It's sad to realise that the worst jobs don't involve dealing with horde droppings, human excrements, or blistering sun, but mothers and fathers in the presence of their kids.
It is amazing when some parents bring their little ones to a restaurant and after the party departs after paying their bill, the wait staff have to clean up the tables, chairs and flooring like a mini hurricane clean up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom