Worried about Oct 1st

s.ollie

This year i was planning on visiting on oct 1st to oct 12th. but i've just recently discovered oct 1st is the official celebration day for WDW 40th (i could be wrong here feel free to steer me right)

I choose oct last year and this year due to low crowds and am now concerned that's out of the window due to the celebrations. should i re-plan or not worry about crowd increase specifically due to this.

Im thinking it will only be increased crowds over that weekend anyway and may not effect the rest of our stay, we usually avoid parks on sat/ sun anyway?

Does anyone know have they any special events planned over that weekend, maybe it would be worth braving the crush in order to experience something out of the ordinary.

me_stitch

Premium Member
we'll be there sept. 29th to oct. 9th and i've been wondering the same thing. pretty sure mk will be packed on the 1st but I'm hoping the following week won't be to bad.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There will be stuff going on that weekend, At a minimum, WDWCelebrations.com will have their event, which runs 29 September - 2 October. Much will depend on if Disney announced anything special.

Disney is running a celebration for D23 members "Destination D: Walt Disney World Resort 40th Anniversary Celebration", but it'll be in May.

Upvote 0

Matpez

Honestly, MK might be marginally busier unless WDW announces some large event that day, which would bring many more people.

I wouldn't worry about it. Either you can be there for the event and a few more people, or just choose a different park that day. It should be a great, low crowd time to visit.

Upvote 0

wendysue

We are going Sept. 29 - Oct. 6 and I am not worried about the Oct. 1 celebrations, if there are any. We were just happy to get free dining on the week we wanted..:)

Upvote 0

TomHendricks

Well be there from Sept. 29th to Oct 4th, so well see you there. Well figuratively, unless we actually run into each other. But how will we know its you, I know...wear something Disney so we can pick you out.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Disney has had pretty lame responses to the big anniversaries of late. I highly doubt you will have any issues. As mentioned, maybe just not do MK that day and you should be fine.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom