Worried about BWV...

minnielaw

I just booked seven nights at BWV through dvcrequest. I have read some recent reviews of BWV that are critical of the room decor and condition. Has anyone been to BWV recently and if so, could you give me an honest assessment of the room conditions?

We absolutely LOVE EPCOT and we are so excited to be staying within walking distance! Never thought I would stay in a deluxe resort, much less a DVC resort, but the points rental was so affordable!! So excited!! :sohappy: Renting DVC points was an awesome value and even with 6 day park hopper tickets for four and the DDP, the trip was cheaper than staying at a moderate resort.

Anyway, just looking for some reassurance that I have not made a mistake in booking BWV.

Thanks!!

Yanks07

You'll love it, we stay there all the time and never had a bad experience. Last time we stayed was March 2011 and going back in Feb no issues at all. Have fun!

Upvote 0

wdwmouse

My husband and I just returned from BWV on Friday. We spent 5 nights there. Our room was spotless and smelled so fresh. I didn't see any signs of wear and tear in our studio. The CMs were very friendly.

You really can't beat walking to Epcot and HS. We had taken the boat to HS in the past, but decided to walk this time. It was very nice and not far at all. Of course, the weather was perfect and there was a breeze. If it were July, I'd probably wait for the boat.

No need to worry! All is well at the Boardwalk Villas!

Have a wonderful trip!

Upvote 0

SMS55

Remember that there are always a groupe of people that will never be happy. They will find something to complain about. Find out what most people, or sizable amount are, and that's probably spot on.

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Remember that there are always a groupe of people that will never be happy. They will find something to complain about. Find out what most people, or sizable amount are, and that's probably spot on.

This is true. You always must remember that people who are not happy are more prone to letting everyone know about it. Its one of the fallacies of tracking customer service results in service related industries. Most of the feedback you get is from people not happy for one reason or another. Then there are a certain % of those people who wouldn't be happy if you gave them everything they wanted on a gold platter.

My recommendation is to always try something once and then make your own decision.

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We did not stay at in the Villas but we did just stay at the Boardwalk Inn for the very first time and we loved the resort and its location. I would not worry about it...you all will have a awesome time!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

harryk

You did not say when you will be there.
The villas are very nice. However, you may find that your room(s) may be quite a walk from the main entrance. Once there, check out the various exits to the boardwalk. There is a continental breakfast facility in the mornings just off the entrance, in the Boardwalk Inn. This is a great place to get a quick wake-up breakfast if you don't prepare one in the room. Make use of the free coffee you can get with refillable mugs. You get the mugs in the coffee, pastry shop next to Kouzzina's.
In December there is not much entertainment along the Boardwalk - but it is still location, location, location. Great access to World Showcase and Hollywood Studios. Right opposite the great dining facilities in Yacht and Beachclubs, let alone Kouzzina's and the Flying Fish along the boardwalk. Big River Grille has never disappointed my family.:xmas::xmas::xmas:

The dining at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels is excellent.

Upvote 0

pax_65

We stayed at Boardwalk Villas last Spring. The room was ok and the location of the resort is outstanding. We enjoyed walking to Epcot and the Studios. I was concerned about parking, but that turned out to not be an issue. We had a very good trip overall.

That said... I would recommend that you be diligent about reporting problems and following up. I'm a DVC member and have stayed in almost every resort on property. In the very rare occasion when I report a problem with my room, I'm always amazed to see Disney's service in action - they jump on the problem and make it right, usually within an hour.

Boardwalk was the first resort where this did not happen. I had a problem, reported it, and they totally dropped the ball. I was stunned. Worse, when I called back to complain about the inconvenience we suffered, management very uncooperative. Definitely not what I would expect from Disney!

Disney eventually made the situation right but I had to go above Boardwalk management to do it.

I won't bother you with details... I'd just caution you that if you see anything in your room that you're not satisfied with, report it immediately and follow-up frequently until the problem is corrected to your satisfaction. Unless they've made changes in the past year, I'm not sure Boardwalk management is quite up to the Disney standard.

But hopefully you won't have any problems. Again, it's a beautiful resort in a great location - so don't let me worry you too much!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I'd just caution you that if you see anything in your room that you're not satisfied with, report it immediately and follow-up frequently until the problem is corrected to your satisfaction.

I recommend that you report things in person at the front desk; I have found that this gets much better response than a phone call from your room.

Upvote 0

minnielaw

Original Poster
You'll love it, we stay there all the time and never had a bad experience. Last time we stayed was March 2011 and going back in Feb no issues at all. Have fun!

Thank you for the response and encouraging words! I really wanted to hear from someone who had recently experienced the resort and was not a "complainer".

I totally agree!! We have previously stayed at POR and I am amazed at the number of people who complain about the "size of the resort" and the "amount of walking required" to navigate the resort. We have never had an issue with the size of the resort and have even stayed in Acadian House, which is the furthest from the Old Mill. The way I see it...any WDW resort is better than a non-WDW hotel!

This is true. You always must remember that people who are not happy are more prone to letting everyone know about it. Its one of the fallacies of tracking customer service results in service related industries. Most of the feedback you get is from people not happy for one reason or another. Then there are a certain % of those people who wouldn't be happy if you gave them everything they wanted on a gold platter.

My recommendation is to always try something once and then make your own decision.

Again, totally agree! I am amazed at the number of complainers and pessimists. I am pretty easy going and do not complain unless something is exceptionally bad.

I guess I was worried because I had originally planned for us to stay at CSR and then changed to BWV when I discovered the cost difference in renting points. I went from a newly redecorated room with two queen beds at CSR to an admittedly dated studio room at BWV with a queen bed and couch bed. Just concerned maybe the switch wasn't worth it if the resort was seriously in need of a facelift. However, I am convinced that the location alone is worth it as I cannot imagine the joy in walking to EPCOT whenever I want!! Heaven! :sohappy:

We stayed in the BWV from Oct 26-31 and had a great time! The location just can't be beat. The resort is absolutely beautiful!!

We did not stay at in the Villas but we did just stay at the Boardwalk Inn for the very first time and we loved the resort and its location. I would not worry about it...you all will have a awesome time!!! :wave:

You did not say when you will be there.
The villas are very nice. However, you may find that your room(s) may be quite a walk from the main entrance. Once there, check out the various exits to the boardwalk. There is a continental breakfast facility in the mornings just off the entrance, in the Boardwalk Inn. This is a great place to get a quick wake-up breakfast if you don't prepare one in the room. Make use of the free coffee you can get with refillable mugs. You get the mugs in the coffee, pastry shop next to Kouzzina's.
In December there is not much entertainment along the Boardwalk - but it is still location, location, location. Great access to World Showcase and Hollywood Studios. Right opposite the great dining facilities in Yacht and Beachclubs, let alone Kouzzina's and the Flying Fish along the boardwalk. Big River Grille has never disappointed my family.:xmas::xmas::xmas:

The dining at the Swan and Dolphin Hotels is excellent.

We are going Sept. 29-Oct. 6 2012, so it will be during F & W Festival! Hooray! I can walk to EPCOT for snacks at the festival food booths. I love the Boardwalk area. We had never been to the Boardwalk area until our last visit in 2010 when we dined at Kouzzina and Cape May Buffet. We felt we had discovered a fifth park!

We stayed at Boardwalk Villas last Spring. The room was ok and the location of the resort is outstanding. We enjoyed walking to Epcot and the Studios. I was concerned about parking, but that turned out to not be an issue. We had a very good trip overall.

That said... I would recommend that you be diligent about reporting problems and following up. I'm a DVC member and have stayed in almost every resort on property. In the very rare occasion when I report a problem with my room, I'm always amazed to see Disney's service in action - they jump on the problem and make it right, usually within an hour.

Boardwalk was the first resort where this did not happen. I had a problem, reported it, and they totally dropped the ball. I was stunned. Worse, when I called back to complain about the inconvenience we suffered, management very uncooperative. Definitely not what I would expect from Disney!

Disney eventually made the situation right but I had to go above Boardwalk management to do it.

I won't bother you with details... I'd just caution you that if you see anything in your room that you're not satisfied with, report it immediately and follow-up frequently until the problem is corrected to your satisfaction. Unless they've made changes in the past year, I'm not sure Boardwalk management is quite up to the Disney standard.

But hopefully you won't have any problems. Again, it's a beautiful resort in a great location - so don't let me worry you too much!

Thank you for the tips! I agree that Disney should be prompt to respond to issues with guest rooms. The rooms are not cheap and they should be in proper repair.

Glad to hear parking was not a huge issue since we will be driving. I had read numerous complaints about the distance to the parking lot, but we parked in front of BW when we had dinner at Kouzzina and did not feel the walk was too long. We usually drive to all the parks and staying in moderates we have been able to park very close to our room. However, we will walk to EPCOT and DHS. We may try the WDW bus system this year for MK and AK.

I recommend that you report things in person at the front desk; I have found that this gets much better response than a phone call from your room.

Thank you for the suggestion! I have never had to make a complaint at WDW, so good to know that I should do so in person rather than rely on a telephone call. Hopefully, we will have no issues and no complaints!

I do have a question about entering EPCOT through the World Showcase entrance prior to the opening of World Showcase....can one enter from the World Showcase entrance adjacent to the Boardwalk area prior to World Showcase opening?

Upvote 0

minnielaw

Original Poster
We stayed in the BWV from Oct 26-31 and had a great time! The location just can't be beat. The resort is absolutely beautiful!!

Oops, skipped my response to your post. I enjoyed reading your trip report and your beautiful photos of the resort! Looks like you had an awesome vacation and I cannot wait to experience BWV.

Do you think the studio will be too small for two adults and two children (ages 11 and 13)? My 11 year old is pretty small, 58 pounds! :lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I do have a question about entering EPCOT through the World Showcase entrance prior to the opening of World Showcase....can one enter from the World Showcase entrance adjacent to the Boardwalk area prior to World Showcase opening?

Yes, and you will need to proceed directly to Future World. Areas will be roped off.

Upvote 0

minnielaw

Original Poster
We stayed in a BWV studio - also rented points through DVCRequest.com - in June and LOVED it. Have a great trip! :wave:

Oops, skipped your post too! How many people stayed in your room?

It will be myself, my husband and our two boys (11 and 13) in our room. We usually don't spend much time in the room except to sleep. My husband and sons love to go to the arcade at night (10-12 pm), hit up the food court for milkshakes (which we won't have at BWV) and explore the resort.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Oops, skipped my response to your post. I enjoyed reading your trip report and your beautiful photos of the resort! Looks like you had an awesome vacation and I cannot wait to experience BWV.

Do you think the studio will be too small for two adults and two children (ages 11 and 13)? My 11 year old is pretty small, 58 pounds! :lol:

A studio is the same size as a standard resort room, with 1 queen size bed and 1 sleeper sofa, with a small kitchenette off to one side.

You should have no problems.

Upvote 0

pax_65

hit up the food court for milkshakes (which we won't have at BWV)

There's a good ice cream parlor on the Boardwalk. I think it's inside Seashore Sweets if I'm not mistaken. The Boardwalk Bakery is good for treats too, and I think they have good sandwiches too.

Try the beer sampler at Big River Brew Works also!

As you said, it's like a little amusement park in itself - lots to see and do!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom