Worldwide Celebration to Honor 10th Member of the Disney Princess

_Scar

This has nothing to do with WDW, so why complain? It's nice to see the company doing this and it's sure going to make a lot of little girls and Disney fans happy across the world.

LilSuzy

I thought I saw Rapunzel in photographs with one of the little girls I photographed at work recently, was that not at WDW? Does she not make an appearance at the parks? :veryconfu

Cosmic Commando

I thought I saw Rapunzel in photographs with one of the little girls I photographed at work recently, was that not at WDW? Does she not make an appearance at the parks? :veryconfu
It's like a sorority or some other club. When her movie came out, she was just pledging. Now that her movie has made enough money and she's moved enough merch, Disney has decided that it's worth having her as an official member in the club. If the movie bombed, she would be forgotten until Epic Mickey 2 came out.

AlishaMisha

26611156_8lqGc1Op_c.jpg

JWG

Becoming an official Disney princess actually does have meaning and value for the character. As you think of "Princess merchandise" Rapunzel will now (at some point) appear in the merchandise.

Today, her merchandise is a separate line from the "princess" line od stuff. Now she can appear in sheets, pillow cases, shirts, etc. as part of the Princess group. Now, this hasn't meant much for Pocohontas, Mulan, etc. But as sparkly dress wearing princess, it probably will fare well for Rapunzel.

So, as you think of all those shirts that have Snow White, Belle, Cinderella, Aurora and Ariel... now they can have Rapunzel (and Tiana) in them.

With 10 "official" Disney princesses I don't expect you'll see all of them in one spread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom