World Showcase Messes

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
Am I the only one who specifically tries to avoid the Mexico pavilion at all costs now? The expanded dining on the waterfront has created a choke point on the promenade like the area between Pan and Small World, the line for the quick serve and margarita hut are constantly spilling out onto the promenade, the interior plaza has become overflow seating of people doing shots from le cava... it all just seems so chaotic all the time.

Anyone else feel it overwhelming? Any ideas how to reorganize or change the layout of the pavilion to make it flow better? I love seeing pavilions full of energy and people, but this one seems to be just to chaotic now.

Then right next door you have the Frozen line snaking into China constantly, the Norway courtyard is just a big queue now, and strollers everywhere. This can’t be the final solution? Or maybe they’re hoping that once more things open frozen’s line will drop?

Disstevefan1

Am I the only one who specifically tries to avoid the Mexico pavilion at all costs now? The expanded dining on the waterfront has created a choke point on the promenade like the area between Pan and Small World, the line for the quick serve and margarita hut are constantly spilling out onto the promenade, the interior plaza has become overflow seating of people doing shots from le cava... it all just seems so chaotic all the time.

Anyone else feel it overwhelming? Any ideas how to reorganize or change the layout of the pavilion to make it flow better? I love seeing pavilions full of energy and people, but this one seems to be just to chaotic now.

Then right next door you have the Frozen line snaking into China constantly, the Norway courtyard is just a big queue now, and strollers everywhere. This can’t be the final solution? Or maybe they’re hoping that once more things open frozen’s line will drop?
Don't worry, Genie + and Individual Lighting Lane will fix this ;)

CaptainAmerica

One of overlooked areas that's suffering from the staffing shortage is crowd control-type positions, because they're often among the first to go. Stroller parking doesn't seem especially important but it plays a huge role in keeping things organized. Off the top of my head, the lack of stroller parking staff has been causing huge clusters in Norway, Fantasyland by the Tangled bathrooms, Fantasyland by the Carousel, Tomorrowland by the PeopleMover, the Kilimanjaro Safaris queue, and the entirety of Toy Story Land.

Bocabear

Unfortunately there are no more things to really open except Guardians Of The Galaxy...any other additions to the World showcase were cancelled or never developed...Which is the biggest shame of all. It is an immense park that is desperately in need of more attractions. The Lakeside Restaurants have created bottlenecks and crowd problems everywhere they exist...UK, Mexico...not so much Morocco due to the large courtyard out front and less popular with diners.
Rtatouille should take some of the crowd around to the other side, but the back side of World Showcase also needs a great attraction. (Germany, Italy, Japan) that would also move the crowds further around the lake... When the front Discovery Whatever area opens, it will just be a big open space, so that will do nothing to even-out crowds as there will be no reason to be there.

Piebald

Hopefully the new rides alleviate this issue but they sure cant keep alcohol expansions fast enough. On any given day the Mexico pavilion and UK pub is just a nightmare

Purduevian

LL will shrink the physical frozen line (it's up for debate how much). I think I've heard the ride has ~850 pph capacity. So a 2 hour long line has to physically fit 1,700 people. Once LL gets added, lets assume 30% of riders are from the IAS LL. Now a 2 hour line for frozen only needs to hold 1,190 people.

As far as Mexico, I feel like one solution could be to expand La Cava outside into a themed courtyard between mexico and norway. However that might be an emergency vehicle route and not feasible.

fgmnt

In a better alternate reality, WDI is celebrating the 15 and 10 year anniversaries of a Black Cauldron dark ride in the UK (bit of a reach here) and a Spirited Away dark ride in Japan (it's /wild/ to me this has never happened). Instead you get the same mythical expansion plots that have sat waiting for 40 years.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
One of overlooked areas that's suffering from the staffing shortage is crowd control-type positions, because they're often among the first to go. Stroller parking doesn't seem especially important but it plays a huge role in keeping things organized. Off the top of my head, the lack of stroller parking staff has been causing huge clusters in Norway, Fantasyland by the Tangled bathrooms, Fantasyland by the Carousel, Tomorrowland by the PeopleMover, the Kilimanjaro Safaris queue, and the entirety of Toy Story Land.
Makes sense. Another thing I notice is the cantina seems to create a queue that ends at a grouper who then tells the guests which register to go to. Instead of loading up the lines at the registers they keep everyone in a line that spills onto the promenade. They also have the closed up shop on the promenade which could easily be turned into seating/standing room and tables. I get it, everyone’s spread thin/new to the area etc, but there so many operational misses that could easily be fixed to improve flow.

RSoxNo1

LL will shrink the physical frozen line (it's up for debate how much). I think I've heard the ride has ~850 pph capacity. So a 2 hour long line has to physically fit 1,700 people. Once LL gets added, lets assume 30% of riders are from the IAS LL. Now a 2 hour line for frozen only needs to hold 1,190 people.

As far as Mexico, I feel like one solution could be to expand La Cava outside into a themed courtyard between mexico and norway. However that might be an emergency vehicle route and not feasible.
That's a little light on the capacity for Frozen. It's probably in the 1100-1250 range. Historically Fastpass was 70% of an attractions capacity, but there is a floating # there that is DAS. I imagine the Individual Lightning Lane Selection (ILLS) will have to be tweaked around anticipated DAS reservations as well.

EPCOTCenterLover

Wait until you need an evc. You won't be complaining then.
Darn those disabled people. Guess I should just stay home and not clog up EPCOT with my ECV 🥴😳
My sincerest apologies to you both and anyone else who I offended. That was not my intent. I have relatives and friends in chairs, and so I am sensitive to this. But I was not in this case. Just trying to state a fact- not asking anyone to stay home.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
My sincerest apologies to you both and anyone else who I offended. That was not my intent. I have relatives and friends in chairs, and so I am sensitive to this. But I was not in this case. Just trying to state a fact- not asking anyone to stay home.

The fact, no matter what your ideas on the topic may be, is that an ECV is an accommodation afforded to guests under law.

co10064

Premium Member
There is a difference between being in an ECV due to a disability and being in an ECV due to not wanting to walk or obesity. And I understand that not all disabilities are visible.
Regardless, you can't deny that there has been an uptick in the number of them since '71. Seems like some on here are a little overly sensitive.

castlecake2.0

Original Poster
There is a difference between being in an ECV due to a disability and being in an ECV due to not wanting to walk or obesity. And I understand that not all disabilities are visible.
Regardless, you can't deny that there has been an uptick in the number of them since '71. Seems like some on here are a little overly sensitive.
It is hard to ignore the drastic increase over the last decade. ECVs and strollers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom