World Showcase Hotels?

Robbiem

I think Disney’s America was going to feature in park lodging as well. Integrating hotels into world showcase is a great idea. Its a shame that the boardwalk area wasn’t planned to integrate into the landscape from the park in the way the contemporary was from tomorrowland. Think how cool it would have been to have an extension of Japan or Morocco or France which extended the skyline giving more atmosphere to the park as well as some great hotel concepts

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
While it's not World Showcase, around the last D23 there was plenty of chatter about an EPCOT entrance gate hotel. Who knows how seriously it was considered though.

If any hotel is ever done it'd be fun to have common areas themed to discovery, nature, and celebration and then have multiple small wings/towers with interiors themed to select World Showcase countries. Think themed Disneyland Hotel towers but to World Showcase countries. Obviously they couldn't do all but a select few in styles not already represented could be fun, like maybe Japan, Germany, and Morocco.

_caleb

Original Poster
Yeah, and EPCOT Center-themed resort would be awesome. Sections themed to each of the old Future World Pavilions, the pool area themed to the Seas, Imagination-themed suites, a Living with the Land hydroponic garden...

bcoachable

Wondering-
What will universal do with Epic U as far as places for the peeps to spend the night? Are they going to have to bus them from their current resort offerings, or will they have hotels constructed close to or around this park?

lazyboy97o

Wondering-
What will universal do with Epic U as far as places for the peeps to spend the night? Are they going to have to bus them from their current resort offerings, or will they have hotels constructed close to or around this park?
There is a hotel in the back of the park visible in the released art. There will also be a few other hotels on the south property.

bcoachable

There is a hotel in the back of the park visible in the released art. There will also be a few other hotels on the south property.
You inspired me to go look-
1615401194128.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The Table© is too expensive now to be solely a bar, so they need to further monetize the land in FW?

The location shown on the map in the article actually isn't correct. Either way, I don't think these addresses represent the actual location of a planned hotel.

1616361365457.png

EPICOT

The location shown on the map in the article actually isn't correct. Either way, I don't think these addresses represent the actual location of a planned hotel.

View attachment 541315
Yea, I usually assume that the permit street addresses don't always show the exact area of construction, just the general vicinity. I suppose this could be for either FW or WS, but I thought the insiders had generally said that hotels in WS just aren't feasible. The only options, from what I recall, were the maingate, inside FW, or nearby the park (wasn't behind The Seas mentioned once?)

In the Parks
Yes
Yea, I usually assume that the permit street addresses don't always show the exact area of construction, just the general vicinity. I suppose this could be for either FW or WS, but I thought the insiders had generally said that hotels in WS just aren't feasible. The only options, from what I recall, were the maingate, inside FW, or nearby the park (wasn't behind The Seas mentioned once?)
FYI, the address on a street permit is the actual address of the facility that holds the all public legal paperwork, including onsite plans, licenses, list of Disney and contracting contacts and actual paper copies of those permits. This could be someone's office, a nearby building, or even a trailer or job-box. It's a (state and) RCID requirement that allows anyone involved in a project to access these items as needed, without having to contact a CM or have any kind of CM-only access.

And as I understand it, the Epcot 'main-gate' resort has never been put on hold and is currently in the drainage mitigation phase, making it's location reasonably obvious. Of course the COVID break probably stretched that phase out a bit...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom