World Showcase Counter Service Restaurants

SpongeScott

Looking for opinions here--what would you recommend for a counter-service restaurant in the WS? We have two kids, ages 13 and 11. They are a little picky about what they eat, but are willing to venture out beyond the burger/fries routine. Any suggestions?

Pioneer Hall

We like going to Japan for a quick bite. The food is very good. The only problem I have with that place is the limited seating. The restaurant is tiny. What you may have to do is get your food and then take the short stroll over to America so you can eat there. The fish and chips in Britain are also very good as is the Mexican restaurant.

It really depends on your tastes and what you are in the mood for. Nothing is bad, and there are a lot of fun things to try. We also like that we can all get what we like. Someone can get chinese, another mexican, and another person a turkey leg and then we can all eat together.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

My kids LOVED the teriyaki chicken and rice at Yakatori counter service in Japan.

There are tables near the koi pond that are a great place to eat, because as DisneyInsider said, the inside of the restaurant is small.

Upvote 0

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
My kids LOVED the teriyaki chicken and rice at Yakatori counter service in Japan.

There are tables near the koi pond that are a great place to eat, because as DisneyInsider said, the inside of the restaurant is small.

Ahh..thanks for mentioning those tables. The only problem we have with those is usually the weather. It is usually too hot out there or it is raining (granted we are there in August so it is always hot). So to get in to A/C we go over to America.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I'm with Disney Insider. We usually all get what we want and meet in America to eat. Our kids get chicken nuggets in America, and we get Yakitori sticks from Japan. YUMMMY!

Upvote 0

Maria

The Japanese sounds good to me, and if you like sushi, they have it there too, of course.

I also love Tangerine Cafe in Morocco :slurp: but I am used to the Lebanese food, not sure if you are, but it is good. :animwink:

(notice I don´t mention Cantina de San Angel.... not my favorite one). :animwink:

I was just thinking... I am not sure about prices now, but I remember the lunch buffet in the German Pavillion was cheap, and if you add up what a counter service meal could be, the buffet and the counter service could be almost the same. Just a thought... I am not too fond of german food, but you might like it and could probably work for you. Check what it includes first, I think drinks and desserts weren´t included.

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Japanese food! YUM!! We ate at Teppenyaki last year, but are trying to cut down on expenses this year. Yakatori sounds good to me and I think our kids will eat that too!

See, I knew where to come for expert help!

Upvote 0

Woody13

Cantina de San Angel has gone to the top of my list as of this month. Japan, China and Morroco have all changed their menus for the worse and they are not very tasty or healthy. Second best is the USA pavillion and/or the turkey legs. If you like LOTS of fat then try the UK counter service.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

China's Lotus Blosson Cafe has the BEST egg rolls. :slurp:

Sommerfest in Germany has brats and sandwichs. I've eaten there but I honestly can't remember if I liked it or not. :hammer:

Norway's Kringla Bakery has pretty good sandwiches and GREAT dessert pastries.

And then there are the "World Best" fish and chips at the UK.

Little something for everyone! Check out:
http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm#epc
for menus and such

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by Moustronaut

Not anymore! They changed the recipe. I just ate one 2 days ago and it was very bland. Those egg rolls are just a shadow of what they once were! The corn eggdrop soup is gone too. No more sweet and sour chicken. I could go on but the real point here is that the replacement dishes are very lacking.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Originally posted by Woody13
Not anymore! They changed the recipe. I just ate one 2 days ago and it was very bland. Those egg rolls are just a shadow of what they once were! The corn eggdrop soup is gone too. No more sweet and sour chicken. I could go on but the real point here is that the replacement dishes are very lacking.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :cry:

does this mean they outsourced their food to china or something? :animwink:

Upvote 0

SpongeScott

Original Poster
Originally posted by Moustronaut

Sommerfest in Germany has brats and sandwichs. I've eaten there but I honestly can't remember if I liked it or not. :hammer:

Norway's Kringla Bakery has pretty good sandwiches and GREAT dessert pastries.

And then there are the "World Best" fish and chips at the UK.

Little something for everyone! Check out:
http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm#epc
for menus and such
Thanks for the link--very handy information.

Upvote 0

copper

My kids favorite is also the Japan and theb love eating by the pond outside. It's even better if you can catch the japan drum show while eating. I would forget doing sit down meals with the kids because if they are anything like mine they hate to wait for the food and they like to eat on thee go. I wanted to make a few Priority seating arrangements and the only place they want to go is to the japan counter service. The only exception is a buffet and the Sci- fi in MGM my kids love them both. I have 9 year old identical twin girls.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom